Author Topic: Underdog: The Movie... Be afraid, be very afraid...  (Read 6967 times)

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Re: Underdog
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 10:20:54 AM »
I used to do something with naps, skip them or wake up purposely when it was on when I was little and it was showing on Nickelodian.... another childhood memory ruined by a shitty movie

Have you seen the show lately? You don't need the movie to ruin that memory.

like Salut Your Shorts, I'd rather just keep them as memories

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2007, 12:39:12 PM »
I'm going to see this because they shot it where I live in Providence R.I. It buggered up traffic for quite a while.
I'll report back on it's turdy-ness factor after.

where in Providence?  I was only in the area with that portable diner that comes around midnight when I came up on a train this summer to go to Lupo's but I can't imagine from the poster them shooting anything around there
All over the place really. The mainmovie poeter with the dog isnt Providence but a lot of the movie was shot here. My Brother went down to be an extra because they were shooting next to his work, but he didn't get in.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 02:57:53 PM »
That's pretty cool still....

and sort of interesting that the place I witnessed my first car crash is the place where they're shot the new Underdog film

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »
That's pretty cool still....

and sort of interesting that the place I witnessed my first car crash is the place where they're shot the new Underdog film
Providence is a hillarious town. World class restaurants and scenery inhabited by some of the dullest most brain dead provincial morons to ever shuffle thier feet across the planet. I've lived here all my life (raised by New Yorkers) and the local quirks never cease to amaze me. For example there is a local cable access show of the Providence traffic court called "Caught in Providence" where the judge will berate, tease, annoy and let off just about everybody that appears before him. I thought this show was bizzare when I saw it on TV however I got to be part of thje action when I forgot to pay a ticket and got a summons to appear. Before the judge comes out to do his thing he actually has the baliff come out and 'warm up' the crowd with bad jokes and asks everybody what they're in for. This is in the Providence traffic court, not a staged paid appearence on Judge Judy, I kid you not. Also any drive more than 15 minutes is an overnight trip for a Rhode Islander. They have a local tourism organization that just takes Rhode Islanders to other parts of Rhode Island they have never been to. This is in the country's smallest state! You can see the whole thing in an hour and a half!

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 07:52:37 PM »
hahaha man you're giving me more and more respect for Providence...  I'm gonna have to head back up there some time

I'd love to see that traffic court show, sounds great...  I loved your city though man even though I was only there for a day to see Les Claypool...   It's the first place I've seen a head shop like the one by Lupo's in a major city which had bongs in the window, the entire place looks sorta like the French Quarter of NOLA, only place I've ever seen a mobile diner that goes around at 1am, there are actually thugs there  :D, and doesn't Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel have a disco in the front part of it or something?

But your entire city shuts down way too early.  All the bars were closed by midnight or 1 and we ended up sleeping outside the train station since that wasn't even open.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 07:57:06 PM »
sounds like that judge needs to be slapped. 

Offline PJD

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 03:51:29 PM »
hahaha man you're giving me more and more respect for Providence...  I'm gonna have to head back up there some time

I'd love to see that traffic court show, sounds great...  I loved your city though man even though I was only there for a day to see Les Claypool...   It's the first place I've seen a head shop like the one by Lupo's in a major city which had bongs in the window, the entire place looks sorta like the French Quarter of NOLA, only place I've ever seen a mobile diner that goes around at 1am, there are actually thugs there  :D, and doesn't Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel have a disco in the front part of it or something?

But your entire city shuts down way too early.  All the bars were closed by midnight or 1 and we ended up sleeping outside the train station since that wasn't even open.
Yeah, New England in general weeknights the bars close at 1 and weekends at 2. They promptly roll up the sidewalks 15 minutes after that.
The disco in Lupos was a seperate club and Lupos was leasing space in it, but they got their licence pulled so now it's just Lupos, which is better for everybody except the kids wearing body glitter and twirling glo-sticks around...

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »
What convinces me this is going to be trash is that they're explaining Underdog's origin story.  YOU DON'T EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN OF A CARTOON CHARACTER!  THAT'S PART OF THE CHARM!  It doesn't matter how Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck gained the ability to talk and walk upright, anymore than you explain how Wile E. Coyote can be in the center of an explosion and survive.  It doesn't matter how they do it, it's just the rule of the world they inhabit.  IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE!
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
Underdog
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 03:02:49 PM »
Uhhhh......anyone else feel the same that i do about this? it just doesnt seem like it would be that great of a movie, maybe another Santa Clause 3?

anyway here is the link to the trailer.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/underdog/large.html

I really wish that movie companies would start pumping out more movies like The Prestige and such but maybe that is just me

Johnny_Short_Torso

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »
This is soooooo not right. I would have been much more happy with a CGI that looks like the classic underdog...

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
Underdog: The Movie... Be afraid, be very afraid...
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467110/

:o Yeah I stumbled across this while surfing  the Disney Channel's web page.... 
Live action no less... and yet another bastion of my youth goes down in flames...

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Underdog: The Movie... Be afraid, be very afraid...
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »
heh we already got a thread on it

Offline Moon Blast

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007, 05:12:38 PM »
WHAT THE FRACK?         ::)

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 05:27:22 PM »
I used to do something with naps, skip them or wake up purposely when it was on when I was little and it was showing on Nickelodian.... another childhood memory ruined by a shitty movie

Have you seen the show lately? You don't need the movie to ruin that memory.
Lately?  Whatchu talkin' about, Sharky?

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 05:31:08 PM »
I was implying that there's not much to the cartoon for the movie to ruin. Just try to watch an episode of Underdog. :speechless: