Author Topic: Netflix??  (Read 1721 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Netflix??
« on: December 27, 2006, 07:58:38 PM »
So how does Netflix handle tv series rentals? Do they send the discs in order? What if I have say disc 1 of a 6 disc release and they are out of Disc 2 when I send the first disc back.  Will they just send the next available disc in the queue? If they don't have the next disc in stock will they not send anything?

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
Re: Netflix??
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 08:06:11 PM »
Do they send the discs in order?

They send them in the order that they appear in your queue.

What if I have say disc 1 of a 6 disc release and they are out of Disc 2 when I send the first disc back.  Will they just send the next available disc in the queue?

I haven't had this happen, but I'm pretty sure that's what they do.
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 08:21:50 PM »
That would be a bummer especially for serialized shows like 24 or what have you.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline leeving

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Take it from me. I love you!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 08:58:37 PM »
they send the next available disc....so if they are out of disc 2, you will get disc 3.

kinda sucks, but it rarely has happened to me, and I use netflix primarily for TV shows and rifftrax.

but sometimes they will mess you all up and send you something WAYYY down on your list.  I'm currently getting seasone 1-8 of South Park and was expecting season 2  d1-3 and got Kids in the Hall season 1 instead.  and they were like 50 or 60 in my queue.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 09:01:02 PM by leeving »

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 06:55:23 AM »
but sometimes they will mess you all up and send you something WAYYY down on your list.  I'm currently getting seasone 1-8 of South Park and was expecting season 2  d1-3 and got Kids in the Hall season 1 instead.  and they were like 50 or 60 in my queue.

Wow, that's crazy!  Nothing like that has ever happened to me.  I've been a member for a little over a year, and they always send me what's at the top of my list, unless there's a long wait for it.

So how does Netflix handle tv series rentals? Do they send the discs in order? What if I have say disc 1 of a 6 disc release and they are out of Disc 2 when I send the first disc back.  Will they just send the next available disc in the queue? If they don't have the next disc in stock will they not send anything?

I always "pad" my queue, meaning I'll put movies between the different discs in a series.  That way if they are out of one of the discs in a series, they will send me a movie, instead of the wrong disc.  So my queue looks like this:

1) The Wire: Disc 1
2) MOVIE
3) The Wire: Disc 2
4) MOVIE
5) The Wire: Disc 3
6) MOVIE
...etc...
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Mr.Nobody

• Schnappi Supporter
  • I blue myself
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 03:15:53 PM »
I think they switched this around recently.

It used to be that if you had disc 1 and they were out of disc 2, they would send disc 3 of a series.  But the last few times this has happened to me, they have sent me the next thing on my list that was not the TV show
I've sort of fused Flashdance with MC Hammer shit.

Offline leeving

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Take it from me. I love you!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 12:07:23 AM »
I think they switched this around recently.

It used to be that if you had disc 1 and they were out of disc 2, they would send disc 3 of a series.  But the last few times this has happened to me, they have sent me the next thing on my list that was not the TV show

I think thats what they did to me as described above.  They were out of season 2 d1 and skipped the whole series and went to the next non south park.   Kinda annoying when a show isn't  serialized like 24 or Lost, but i understand it.

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 10:39:51 AM »
not that you asked,but blockbuster online has a feature where you can 'lock' or 'unlock' the series your renting.

if it's locked they'll send you the next movie on your list rather than break up the series.   if it's unlocked,anything goes (including getting disc 2 before disc 1).

:)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 11:23:17 AM »
Cool! Thanks for the info!