login

Author Topic: Anyone still watching Westworld?  (Read 161 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1086
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Anyone still watching Westworld?
« on: April 27, 2020, 09:22:14 AM »
I really want to like season 3, but it's not making it easy for me.

The whole concept of Rehoboam (?) seems absurd. There was nothing in the previous two seasons to even suggest such a thing existed. I was under the impression that they had five seasons planned out, but this feels like something they just came up with to make the real world more interesting. And the idea that one super AI could predict everyone's actions, down to a single person, is ludicrous. It reminds me of the Foundation books, except they had the sense to make it clear that only large scale events could be predicted.

What I'm hoping will happen is that it will turn out this is all a simulation. There's a line in then first episode of a throwaway character stating as much, but he's brushed off as a conspiracy nut. But you know this show, they wouldn't have put that line in if it wasn't relevant.

The most interesting part of this season is William's insanity. I'd like to see more of that and less of Delores trying to 'take over the world' for lack of a better term.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1086
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Re: Anyone still watching Westworld?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 08:34:24 PM »
I'll take that as a no.

I still haven't seen the last episode yet, but I've seen the other 7. Interesting direction they went this season, certainly not what I was expecting. Too far removed from the original premise of the show for my tastes though. But I am still interested in seeing what happens next, so I'll be watching season 4.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1777
Re: Anyone still watching Westworld?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 01:29:14 PM »
Was waiting until it all came out to finish. Was interested enough in the first 3 episodes.