login

Author Topic: Legal  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
Legal
« on: December 27, 2006, 07:03:38 AM »
There are several television shows that I like very much. House is definitely one of my favorites. I'm also a pretty big fan of Family Guy and The Daily Show. But one of my absolute favorites is Boston Legal. I've always thought the acting was top notch (yes even Shatner's) and the dialogue is incredibly well written. Anybody have any thoughts on this show?

P.S. It is also one of the only dramas that will actually make small references to it actually being a television show. For instance James Spader goes up to Shatner and says, "I've hardly seen you this episode." They don't do it alot. But it's kinda cool when they do. Just thought I'd mention it. ;D
Aaahh! This movie just throws you violently into the next scene!

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
Re: Legal
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 07:20:45 AM »
I'm also a pretty big fan of Family Guy and The Daily Show.

Kind of like enjoying both offal and tenderloin.
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 07:25:31 AM »
I like Boston Legal too but I don't watch it religiously (it's not set to Tivo).  I hate most legal shows but this one is different from all the other legal shows because it's pretty far fetched and humorous.  It's got Shatner and Murphy Brown.  That's a recipe for good TV.

I would argue that Shatner's acting is only top notch because his character is written as over the top and that's what he is best at.  James Spader is excellent though.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 08:18:23 AM »

I never quite thought of it that way. And you're right AmandaGal. Shatner is at his best when he is playing over the top characters. And you're also right about Spader. He pretty much is the heart of the show.
Aaahh! This movie just throws you violently into the next scene!

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 09:46:48 AM »

yes but which is which?

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 11:09:17 PM »
   Until you mentioned that one detail where Spader was involved,  I thought only Shatner broke the 4th wall in the show.  They don't do it too frequently so it hasn't worn thin for me.
   Also glad to see Julie Bowen turn up on this show since it didn't appear like "Lost" has much for her to do, but I still don't think they're done with Jack's back story.