Author Topic: Now Available - Matthew J. Elliot riffs Die Hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14113 times)

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Now there are two cuts of this movie, is this the cut with the extended sewer traversing scene?
Probably the regular version.. I used the 'extended' sewer version with RRT's and it threw it way off..

EDIT: Confirmed.. Do Not Use the Extended Sewer version.

I just tried syncing mine up tonight and everything was fine until 1:43.24 "Second 'its gonna go!'" sync line. That line and the rest are out of whack.

Does this correspond to the version with the Extended sewer scene?

How can you tell the difference in the two versions?

That sounds about right.  When you're using DVD decripter you have to use the version that's a minute or less shorter.  It's been a while since I did mine but I think in IFO mode it defaults to the longest file, which is the branching version which I believe was number 2.  Just switch it to the 1st one and you should be good. 

Ah crap, when I ripped mine I did notice the shorter version, but assumed it was the slightly longer one that was used.
Thanks...I'll go back and re-rip.

The longer one has one scene added that is just the grid being turned off in two stages instead of one.  It's pretty pointless and that scene is in black and white so it makes no sense to watch it anyway.  I don't think every dvd of die hard has that option, which is why he didn't do that one.  If you didn't want to re rip everything check out the Riff Raff theater thread for how many seconds of silence to add and where.  I think they got it figured out somewhere in that thread.

Offline Trumpy's Magic Snout

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • Death, Famine, Pestilence and the other guy
    • Big Red's Fun Bus
Any news on a PAL version?
Big Red's Fun Bus - A Comic Sketch podcast
http://bigredsfunbus.blogspot.com/
Visit my wee film blog thingy:
Splice" style="border:0
My Twitface: http://twitter.com/SpliceChuff

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
We just watched Die Hard and we continue to LOVE Matthew J Elliot's work!

Don't stay away so long this time Matthew!
FINE

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries

I second that! We need more!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty

I second that! We need more!

According to his Facebook, he's got a new one written, he just needs to get into the studio to record it!
FINE

Online MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
That is good news.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline matthew j elliott

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 30
  • England - It's Totally a Place.
    • RiffTrax Profile
Thanks, guys. I never intend to leave such a gap between new recordings because I love RiffTrax Presents so much - scriptwriting and book-editing take up a lot of my time - but I hope to have something new available shortly. I don't want to give any hints, but do you like 3 hour adaptations of Tolkien novels? Oh, they already did that? Crap, back to the drawing board...

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Thanks, guys. I never intend to leave such a gap between new recordings because I love RiffTrax Presents so much - scriptwriting and book-editing take up a lot of my time - but I hope to have something new available shortly. I don't want to give any hints, but do you like 3 hour adaptations of Tolkien novels? Oh, they already did that? Crap, back to the drawing board...

I was trying to think of the most "British" movie that I could think of, then it hit me, "Gymkata".      Wait, you think a movie "starring" a US gymnast and filmed in eastern Europe is NOT British, well sir..... um....... never mind.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.

The main Rifftrax crew just challenged themselves by doing "Casablanca".  To match that, you should go for "Hound of the Baskervilles", or the Alistair Sims version of "Scrooge"!

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • RiffTrax Profile
Funnily enough, my original audition piece was a riff of the Basil Rathbone Holmes movie Dressed to Kill, AKA Prelude for Murder - one of four Rathbone movies in the public domain, for some reason. Maybe some day, I should unearth it.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
FINE

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
(Cough) Bond film (cough)

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
Funnily enough, my original audition piece was a riff of the Basil Rathbone Holmes movie Dressed to Kill, AKA Prelude for Murder - one of four Rathbone movies in the public domain, for some reason. Maybe some day, I should unearth it.

Ha!  That'd be great!  Sync it up to the version as restored by UCLA Theatre Archives, which was released on Mpi Home Video.  I'd love to see that.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 57
Excellent riff, Matthew. Very funny and alot of clever quips.  :clap:

Every time I've watched Die Hard, it's alwasy bugged me in the end when McClane doesn't get medical attention. Shouldn't he be rushed to a hospital to get treated for his gunshot wounds and lacerated feet?? Not to mention the beatings he took...surely a cracked rib, a broken ankle from the elevator shaft fall... something?  ;)

Anyway, I thought the pace of the riff was perfect. Great work Matthew; keep it up!! :)

• Sparkles in Sunlight
    • RiffTrax Profile
Just to confirm, for anyone who's interested, my new RiffTrax Presents has been recorded and will be delivered to the good folks at Legend Films within the next few days. This one will introduce my personal synch software, the lovely MissEmbaudio.