login

Author Topic: Now Available - Matthew J. Elliot riffs Die Hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14112 times)

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
Oh good, a "Send in the Clowns" riff. That "send in the cars" line was just begging for it.  :)
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
You mean you don't own this one? I thought everybody owned this kick-ass movie!

I only saw it for the first time about a month ago. They were showing it last year at a midnight showing but I got sick so we didn't go, so on a whim one night my younger brother and I rented it and loved it so much that the next day I bought the Riff Raff Theater version AND we watched the other three, which includes the unrated version of Die Hard 4, or as I call it, Die Hard 4.

Hell, I hadn't seen Beverly Hills Cop until a few months ago, and we just got done watching all of the Lethal Weapon movies. I'm way behind the times.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 142
    • Riff Cover Art
Bought. Now all I got to do is go rent Die Hard.... again.

You mean you don't own this one? I thought everybody owned this kick-ass movie!

I own it. Only on blu-ray though. Since i re-author i gotta buy it again

I envy you... never watched the blu-ray version. If only I had money and wasn't so broke!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Just finished watching this and I HIGHLY recommend it.

I love his sardonic "one off style".   Some of his comments had my laughing out loud like an idiot.

Really good.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
Watching now.  Couldn't help but notice the 74 cents for a gallon of unleaded.  God bless the Reagan years.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Watching now.  Couldn't help but notice the 74 cents for a gallon of unleaded.  God bless the Reagan years.

I noticed that and I also notice the gas prices in "werewolf" where Tom Servo sees the prices of over $2 a gallong and says "look at those gas prices, what is this Port-Au-Prince"?

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • God rest you Brother.
"He looks about as tough as the National Enquirer crossword puzzle,"  Hah!

Buy this!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 01:59:27 PM by Lemming Howard »

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • God rest you Brother.
A reference to "I'm Dickens he's Fenster."  That takes me back.

Offline zanibar

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
I'm sure MATTHEW J ELLIOTT is a good guy, but he's not funny.. I saw his previous riff and the sample for this, it just doesn't do it for me.. I was about to buy it.. until I heard his voice.

Offline Savantegarde

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
Matthew is a damn funny man, damn funny indeed.

Great riff.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
Another excellent riff from Matthew J. Elliot.

I like his riffing, its a very different style then what anyone else does (and of the course having the accent only accentuates it more).   

I was surprised that he would do Die Hard as very different from his first two riffs (House of Wax being one my favorites) but it works well.

On somewhat unrelated note, I catch Imagination Theater on the radio whenever I get the chance (www.harrynile.com) and I can't help but smile whenever I hear one the stories was written by "M.J. Elliot"  Recently I heard both "The Death of Sherlock Holmes" and "The Two Watson's" and they were both great and I've never even been remotely interested in Sherlock Holmes before.

Okay I'm rambling now, to summarize -  buy the riff!
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

MightyJack

I didn't care for it the first tiem I wattched it, but I gave it another shot (I was going to have a late fee on the DVD rental so I figured I might as well get my money's worth)

I'm glad I did, it was much better this time out. There are rough spots and I think it's the lesser of his 3, but there are many quality riffs to enjoy.

My review Die Hard

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Now there are two cuts of this movie, is this the cut with the extended sewer traversing scene?
Probably the regular version.. I used the 'extended' sewer version with RRT's and it threw it way off..

EDIT: Confirmed.. Do Not Use the Extended Sewer version.

I just tried syncing mine up tonight and everything was fine until 1:43.24 "Second 'its gonna go!'" sync line. That line and the rest are out of whack.

Does this correspond to the version with the Extended sewer scene?

How can you tell the difference in the two versions?

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Now there are two cuts of this movie, is this the cut with the extended sewer traversing scene?
Probably the regular version.. I used the 'extended' sewer version with RRT's and it threw it way off..

I just tried syncing mine up tonight and everything was fine until 1:43.24 "Second 'its gonna go!'" sync line. That line and the rest are out of whack.

That sounds about right.  When you're using DVD decripter you have to use the version that's a minute or less shorter.  It's been a while since I did mine but I think in IFO mode it defaults to the longest file, which is the branching version which I believe was number 2.  Just switch it to the 1st one and you should be good. 

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey

That sounds about right.  When you're using DVD decripter you have to use the version that's a minute or less shorter.  It's been a while since I did mine but I think in IFO mode it defaults to the longest file, which is the branching version which I believe was number 2.  Just switch it to the 1st one and you should be good. 

Ah crap, when I ripped mine I did notice the shorter version, but assumed it was the slightly longer one that was used.
Thanks...I'll go back and re-rip.