login

Author Topic: Now Available - Matthew J. Elliot riffs Die Hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 14115 times)

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com

Offline ambitiously stupid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I'm not a nerd. Nerds are smart.
Great!  I am a big fan of his previous efforts! :clap:
When punks start hasslin' decent people, I make it my buisness!

Listen Murdock, I'm sick and tired of your dead lobster...

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
Sure, 3 days after I delete all the individual files from my Riff Raff Theater reauthor.  Hooray timing!!  Looking forward to it. 

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
Whoa, out of the blue one (at least for me).

Sample looked pretty funny . A lot of dead air, but this is the first single-riffer sample I've heard so maybe that's normal. And the stuff that's there is really funny. I may just give this one a try.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 142
    • Riff Cover Art

Sample looked pretty funny . A lot of dead air, but this is the first single-riffer sample I've heard so maybe that's normal. And the stuff that's there is really funny. I may just give this one a try.

If the dead air thing bothers you... then you might have issues with his riffs. He's not a rapid-fire sort of riffer. All of his previous riffs were pretty representative of how this one sounds. Personally I've never had any issues with his riffing style, but there are some who might have a problem with it in that respect.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:30:59 PM by Piobman »

Offline matthew j elliott

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 30
  • England - It's Totally a Place.
    • RiffTrax Profile

If the dead air thing bothers you... then you might have issues with his riffs. He's not a rapid-fire sort of riffer. All of his previous riffs were pretty representative of how this one sounds. Personally I've never had any issues with his riffing style, but there are some who might have a problem with it in that respect.

Piobman

I can promise you that this is my most Riff-intensive commentary to date - the recording studio in Manchester had to keep an oxygen cannister on hand for some sequences (although it may have been helium - does it seem like my voice gets higher near the end?) If the sample doesn't reflect this, it's only because I thought it was necessary to select a two-minute sequence without any cussing, and, as you'd expect, in a Die Hard movie, that's a ****ing nightmare. I hope you enjoy it.

Matthew

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
Into my shopping cart you go!

Now there are two cuts of this movie, is this the cut with the extended sewer traversing scene?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Now there are two cuts of this movie, is this the cut with the extended sewer traversing scene?
Probably the regular version.. I used the 'extended' sewer version with RRT's and it threw it way off..

EDIT: Confirmed.. Do Not Use the Extended Sewer version.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 07:29:43 AM by RVR II »

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Riff Cover Art

Piobman

I can promise you that this is my most Riff-intensive commentary to date - the recording studio in Manchester had to keep an oxygen cannister on hand for some sequences (although it may have been helium - does it seem like my voice gets higher near the end?) If the sample doesn't reflect this, it's only because I thought it was necessary to select a two-minute sequence without any cussing, and, as you'd expect, in a Die Hard movie, that's a ****ing nightmare. I hope you enjoy it.

Matthew

Very cool....  I loved your previous stuff and look forward to this one as well. Yippe kiya and all that good stuff.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Wow.  55 Chapter stops.  New record.  Now I'm glad this is a Rifftrax Presents offering so I don't have to add in all the chapter stop subtitles.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
Probably the regular version.. I used the 'extended' sewer version with RRT's and it threw it way off..

Thanks RVR!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel

Thanks RVR!
That's what 'guinea pigs' are for.. ;D

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
Bought. Now all I got to do is go rent Die Hard.... again.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Riff Cover Art

You mean you don't own this one? I thought everybody owned this kick-ass movie!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries

You mean you don't own this one? I thought everybody owned this kick-ass movie!

I own it. Only on blu-ray though. Since i re-author i gotta buy it again
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com