login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 131332 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #525 on: September 07, 2014, 12:04:57 PM »
I dreamed a dream of time gone by......

Paranormal Activity

The most coherent episode of LOST ever

This was pretty good. I can actually see how this works as a horror film, it's low on gore and jump scares. But there is also a lot of goofiness about it. I don't watch enough horror films to know just how stereotypical is the 'Do everything you are told not to do' angle is. I thought I recognized the lead actress, but it turns out she's done bugger all besides the Paranormal Activity series.

I hope the ghost didn't change all my bookmarks to iCarly fanfic, again

Offline MightyBombJack

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 171
  • Your weapons will have no effect on me
« Reply #526 on: September 08, 2014, 10:24:33 AM »
Maniac

"I'm sure this movie helped so many people."

http://www.rifftrax.com/ondemand/maniac

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #527 on: September 11, 2014, 11:47:26 AM »
The Island of Dr. Moreau

Mike and Kevin did an amazing job on this one.  The movie was as bad as anything on MST3K or a VOD with the added value of starring an actor with perhaps the biggest name (and other attributes) in film history.  Sadly, the movie was riffed before the Harry Potter films, or it could have been better, given David Thewlis went on to play a man-beast himself.  At first, I was mad at myself, that I purchased a full-screen version by accident, but it actually made the movie cheesier, if you can imagine.

Great Riffing.  Lots of laughs.  I recommend this one.

Random addition:  I purchased several movies along with this one, because I want to complete the entire blockbuster library.  In the next few weeks, I will be reauthoring...

Red Dawn
The Grudge
Halloween
Saw
Glitter
The Wicker Man

Am I loyal to this company or what?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:54:03 AM by Just-The-Trax »

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #528 on: September 11, 2014, 12:03:59 PM »
Rifftrax Presents, Spiderman 2 was great fun and a heck of a funny riff.  8)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #529 on: September 16, 2014, 12:05:39 PM »
we interupt this scene of a lonely robot walking through the desert to bring you this scene of a robot lonely walking through the desert.

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

So this is how they filled in time before pod races.

It had been a long time since I watched Star Wars. It's funny how excellent some of the effects are (the new CGI ships) and how terrible some are (the new Jabba, and the large lizards). This is a pretty good rifftrax, not gut busting funny, but good. There is plenty of mileage made from dredging up the prequels and their incongruities with the old films. A little too much of the 'random names from wookiepedia' though. Enjoyable.

Wootini!

Offline Nobody

« Reply #530 on: September 17, 2014, 09:17:59 PM »
Glitter

This movie sucked.  I mean really sucked.  Was the boyfriend supposed to be a protagonist or antagonist?  What was with the matrixy slo mo sections?  Who knew Vanilla Ice and Britney Spears would seem competent in their ill advised movie outings by comparison to Mariah Carrey?

But what a Riff.  Mike and Mary Jo killed it.  So many great jokes. 

"The chorus goes like this: Booty Booty Booty Booty Booty Booty Booty, Shake your Booty Booty Booty Booty Booty Booty Booty!" (Mary Jo laughed at that as hard as I did.)

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #531 on: September 17, 2014, 10:06:32 PM »
Glitter is one of the few movies that is so bad I even avoid the riff, even though the riff quality is brilliant.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #532 on: November 05, 2014, 11:47:42 PM »
Hopefully I'll be letting you down some more later tonight...

Terminator Salvation

a McG, isnt that McDonalds new guacamole sandwich

Eh, ok. Just such an unnecessary movie... and they keep coming, pity they won't be riffed anymore!

Machines can't smell the weed under my hat!

--------------------------------------------------------------

The John Williams 'Yoda lifts a really big ship' theme is his best yet.

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Why are you eating my roof tar?

A very solid riff. Chad Vader is used relatively sparingly so he doesn't get overbearing. They did beat the Colt 45 jokes into the ground by the end though. I enjoyed it more than A New Hope.

R2D2, the Jonah Hill of Star Wars
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:56:26 PM by BathTub »

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #533 on: November 07, 2014, 06:45:13 AM »
Godzilla

I think this is the first MP3 riff I've watched in 3-4 years, looking though the archive I was pretty confident I could pick the jokes that would be beaten into the ground (silly names in Hunger Games, Hawkeye in Avengers, etc, etc) but I crossed my fingers they'd gotten over the 'hey, this movie is bad' stuff that made me turn off the prequel riffs. 

Happily I was right, the Toho/Toto/Toto bit was inspired and if anything they ignored the obviously dated CGI to run with the movie itself, the Ebert jokes in the movie and in the riff worked for me since I thought he was awful, Gobbledy Gooker reference, downplaying people actually saying 'go go go'. PAAAAAAAACKERS & my balls are on fire.

*I'm a fan of Led Zeppelin but saying Diddy's Come With Me is bad using 'sample lyrics' like uh huh uh huh in the blurb when Plant will happily just repeat the word baby for 2 or 3 minutes seemed like a reach.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #534 on: November 07, 2014, 08:52:34 AM »
*I'm a fan of Led Zeppelin but saying Diddy's Come With Me is bad using 'sample lyrics' like uh huh uh huh in the blurb when Plant will happily just repeat the word baby for 2 or 3 minutes seemed like a reach.

Did they actually say "sample lyrics"?  I thought they said "sampling Led Zeppelin"?  So I assumed they were talking about the instrumental part.  Or was there more than one riff about that and I missed the other one? 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #535 on: November 07, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »
Godzilla

I think this is the first MP3 riff I've watched in 3-4 years, looking though the archive I was pretty confident I could pick the jokes that would be beaten into the ground (silly names in Hunger Games, Hawkeye in Avengers, etc, etc) but I crossed my fingers they'd gotten over the 'hey, this movie is bad' stuff that made me turn off the prequel riffs. 

Happily I was right, the Toho/Toto/Toto bit was inspired and if anything they ignored the obviously dated CGI to run with the movie itself, the Ebert jokes in the movie and in the riff worked for me since I thought he was awful, Gobbledy Gooker reference, downplaying people actually saying 'go go go'. PAAAAAAAACKERS & my balls are on fire.

Try the Quiptracks riff, it's much better. Since iRiffs is down, you can get it on their www.theootl.com site.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #536 on: November 12, 2014, 12:37:42 AM »
Rifftrax Presents: The Day After Tomorrow.

I wish Kevin and Bill had done more riffs with just the two of them. 

Did they actually say "sample lyrics"?  I thought they said "sampling Led Zeppelin"?  So I assumed they were talking about the instrumental part.  Or was there more than one riff about that and I missed the other one?

Well remembered from the movie!  They did say sample in the riff but I was referring to the blurb for the riff itself in the description. 
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Nobody

« Reply #537 on: November 12, 2014, 03:39:34 AM »
Godzilla was my most recent watch.  About a week ago now.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm sure I will watch it many, many times.

Why do all of the women in this movie act like he's Channing Tatum?!

The Riff made the movie entertaining.  That is a real achievement.

Offline d00hickey

• Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #538 on: November 12, 2014, 05:31:27 PM »
Yea the Godzilla riff is pretty good. I missed it live and was worried I would never get to see it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #539 on: November 12, 2014, 07:46:28 PM »
Godzilla was my most recent watch.  About a week ago now.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm sure I will watch it many, many times.

Why do all of the women in this movie act like he's Channing Tatum?!

The Riff made the movie entertaining.  That is a real achievement.
If you liked the Rifftrax, you'll love the Quiptracks.

And before anyone asks, no I will not stop bugging people about this.