login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 131366 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #510 on: June 28, 2014, 12:15:45 AM »
This is kind of cheating, as I haven't finished watching it yet, but my latest is Glitter.
I've been trying to get through it for about 24 hours.  It's just SO dull. And my God, that singing! I love the way Mike makes fun of the singing, as it perfectly represents my views on that style of singing (Mariah Carrie and the like).  I concede, she and others like her have beautiful voices and are very talented. But, it's the style of singing that makes me ill. 

Yes, it's the whacky world of modern pop music, and the tribulations of getting ripped off and abused by the music industry. Can't wait (cough, cough!) to see if she'll be OK, and find true love.  Oh, how I long for Coleman Francis.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
« Reply #511 on: June 28, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »
Oh okay, those are still Rifftrax. I think they aren't as good as most of the newer ones though.

Eh only retroactively, and of course some were replaced later on by 3 man riffs.

Swamp of Ravens.

Holy Moly, seriously what was that film. It was pretty decent riff. But given the genuinely grotesque and disturbing nature of the imagery, it's hard to recommend it to everyone. I mean was that a real autopsy?

Weird, weird stuff.

I asked the same thing here. It turns out that, yes, that was a real autopsy. Every time I see that scene I imagine a family member seeing it and being horrified to see their dead relative sprawled out on a table in a horrible, foreign, horror, B-movie.

Oh, really? Evidence, please.

Someone on the forums told me, weather or not it's a fact is another question. Feel free to look through my posts.

I think this is just one of the urban myth things like the Snuff movie is real. I don't believe for a second. For one thing, you can't cut a person open as quickly as they do in the movie (don't ask me why I know that, ahem).

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
« Reply #512 on: June 28, 2014, 06:38:34 PM »
This is kind of cheating, as I haven't finished watching it yet, but my latest is Glitter.
I've been trying to get through it for about 24 hours.  It's just SO dull. And my God, that singing! I love the way Mike makes fun of the singing, as it perfectly represents my views on that style of singing (Mariah Carrie and the like).  I concede, she and others like her have beautiful voices and are very talented. But, it's the style of singing that makes me ill. 

Yes, it's the whacky world of modern pop music, and the tribulations of getting ripped off and abused by the music industry. Can't wait (cough, cough!) to see if she'll be OK, and find true love.  Oh, how I long for Coleman Francis.

One of my top ten trax. Absolutely hilarious.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #513 on: June 28, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »

One of my top ten trax. Absolutely hilarious.

I finished it.  It was a good rifftrax,  Mary Jo was fun! Wish she "stop by" and riff another movie!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #514 on: June 29, 2014, 03:53:07 AM »
It's Tinker and the Bleeder, this fall on NBC

Road House

This was back when Loni Andersons roamed in packs.

Back to the trax that launched a thousand riffs. Despite being the first, and in the laid back casual style this one still really shines. It helps that Mike clearly loves the film, and it is something special.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #515 on: July 05, 2014, 11:33:24 PM »
Do they hire teachers out Arkham Asylum?

The Happening...

Diediediediedie deathdeathdeath

Man this is what Rifftrax were made for stupid movies that take themselves far too seriously. Seriously this is one goofy movie that deserved everything it got. This is a pretty solid Rifftrax. I think this is one that you could show new people and they would get a good idea of what Rifftrax is about. Some good singing by Kevin. Marky Mark sets up for some hilarious impersonations. 

Oh I almost forgot my huge prosthetic penis
Yeah I sort of wish you hadn't bought that into the recording booth Kevin.

Life's a wild ride kids!

Read On: From Left to Right.

Wow a lot of pots must have been involved in the creation of this one. An alright riff, for a crazy short.

It's a nonstop thrill ride.

Firewall

Harrison Ford on a computer is like Wilford Brimly wakeboarding

An early Mike and Kevin trax that is well worth a look. Harrison Ford sleep walks through a hostage/bank heist, and a majority of the laughs are built around him, especially his age and his career. The movie is competent, but never rises to anything noteworthy.

Oh and of course a few Indiana Jones 4 gags before it was actually a thing!

Landrock, serving the state of Washingstone since the palaeolithic age
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 02:35:55 AM by BathTub »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #516 on: July 06, 2014, 08:10:05 PM »
Missile to the Moon riff with Mike and Fred Willard. The riff was...okay. A few really good lines, although it felt more sparse than they usually do. Unfortunately Fred just didn't do a great job here. It felt like he was out of his element. Or just didn't have a lot of time to practice his lines, maybe. I wish they'd get him back for another riff, he certainly can do better than this.

Grab a gun. There's one in every drawer.

I'd give him a glass of water, but I'd be afraid he'd stab it into his own eye.

Our pet giant rocks have been fatally shot.

Iiii ain't got nobooody!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #517 on: July 06, 2014, 09:06:07 PM »
Watching the Mike, Kevin and Bill version of Missile to the Moon. Only ten minutes in and the performances are much better. The riffs seems to be exactly the same, though.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #518 on: July 06, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »
Another of the very early ones I never got around to watching.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #519 on: July 07, 2014, 12:12:04 AM »
High School Musical.  'Nuff said.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #520 on: August 22, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »
They got me drinking hand, and me drinking hand!

Daredevil

Boy' he's going through Jennifers like cheap sneakers.

This is a pretty special one, since it was the first time all 3 guys were together on a Rifftrax! And it's actually a lot of fun too.  It's certainly a mini time capsule. In regards to notable relationships (Bennifer) and how Ben is viewed as an actor.

Highly recommended.

This is how she works out her frustration against basmati rice

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #521 on: August 23, 2014, 12:54:06 AM »

Daredevil

This is a pretty special one, since it was the first time all 3 guys were together on a Rifftrax! And it's actually a lot of fun too.  It's certainly a mini time capsule. In regards to notable relationships (Bennifer) and how Ben is viewed as an actor.

Highly recommended.

Wow.  I hate to admit it, but I only discovered Rifftrax a few years ago. My first purchase here was in 2011! 

And I have obviously NOT been watching them in chronological order.  In fact, Mike "busted" me, when I asked him about either, "sharpie a wang on the forehead," or, "Bacon loving," or some other running gag, that I can't recall  Regardless of the subject his busted me on, his comment was, "We haven't done that in two years." 

That was the first clue I was watching out of order, and am still basically a noob to Rifftrax, even though I've made 150 purchases here.   

What I am getting at is, I thought Daredevil was a fairly NEW release.  It was the first with all three riffers?  Wow!

So, after my upcoming RoninFoxTrax of Star Trek: TMP,  I'n going to watch Daredevil.

My apologies for not paying attention and other noob behavior.  On the other hand, the only way to de-ignorize myself is by learning.  And that, I can do. 

Thanks, Bathtub! :D
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #522 on: August 23, 2014, 01:02:46 AM »
I think it was also their first Rifftrax live, before they started releasing VODs though.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #523 on: August 23, 2014, 09:37:10 PM »

Daredevil

Highly recommended.

Wow.  I hate to admit it, but I only discovered Rifftrax a few years ago. My first purchase here was in 2011! 

And I have obviously NOT been watching them in chronological order.  In fact, Mike "busted" me, when I asked him about either, "sharpie a wang on the forehead," or, "Bacon loving," or some other running gag, that I can't recall  Regardless of the subject his busted me on, his comment was, "We haven't done that in two years." 

That was the first clue I was watching out of order, and am still basically a noob to Rifftrax, even though I've made 150 purchases here.   

What I am getting at is, I thought Daredevil was a fairly NEW release.  It was the first with all three riffers?  Wow!

So, after my upcoming RoninFoxTrax of Star Trek: TMP,  I'n going to watch Daredevil.

My apologies for not paying attention and other noob behavior.  On the other hand, the only way to de-ignorize myself is by learning.  And that, I can do. 

Thanks, Bathtub! :D

I bought my first rifftrax when predator came out, I thought it was kind of lame with only Mike so I forgot about it until around when Titanic came out. I'm horrible at remembering dates, so when ever that was. 

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #524 on: August 30, 2014, 02:32:38 PM »
Rory, are we the same person?

Night of the Lepus

Lepus means Rabbit!

A decent VOD, parts of it are quite funny, but interspersed with flat parts, mostly in keeping with the stop and go nature of the film itself as it has stretches of tedium mixed with frantic rabbit action! But you should enjoy it, I bet my hair island on it!

Back to my original research, do bats have butts?