Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 131333 times)

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #480 on: April 18, 2014, 01:52:53 AM »
Just do what the horse wants!

Breaker! Breaker!

What the hell was this movie? Whatever the hell that was, it makes a great riff.

It was about that time that the Duke boys refused to show up...

--

How to Use a Calender... man that was just trippy.

--

Over The Top

It's really interesting to go back to the old Mike solo riffs (well Disembaudios gets a few lines in) as they feel quite different, they feel a lot more casual and laid back.

--

Safe Living at School

Seems strange people would need to be told simple things like 'look where you are going', but then I realise I was one of those people who would walk around with their nose in a book.

--

McBain, wow the number of recognisable names in this one was surprising. A good solid riff. The actress is unrecognisable these days.

--

Norman Krasner

WTH?

--

The Story of a Teenage Drug Addict

It's amazing that people thought these types of films achieved anything.

--

How to keep a job.

Meh, ok.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:41:42 PM by BathTub »

Offline Frozen Penguin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »
TF: Revenge of the Fallen. I watched it when it first came out on video and after having gone through the original TF cartoon series in its entirety since then, I hate this movie even more now.

Of course, the riff made it enjoyable!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #482 on: April 25, 2014, 06:31:27 PM »
What it means to be an American.

Hilarious, one of the best shorts I've watched recently. Well recommended.

---
Pippi Wrongstocking!

Point Break

I wonder if Cows ever get heartburn?

It's ok, it's they very old style, so very casual Mike, occassionaly having long conversations with Disembaudio. I wouldn't say it's a great one though. Certainly not one I would recommend to someone new to rifftrax.

Lets get some McBlow.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:58:20 PM by BathTub »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #483 on: May 03, 2014, 01:44:06 AM »
Health: Your Posture..

Why wasn't Adraline popular? Maybe it was her columns on apartheid in the school paper...

Another top notch short. The sort you would use an an introduction to Rifftrax to the uninitiated.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #484 on: May 03, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »
Attack of the Puppet People, not a single puppet attacked :( Overall a relatively meh Rifftrax, the movie was extremely short and the riff quality was not as high as other recent riffs in my opinion. If your looking for a recent riff I suggest Sisters of Death, the riffing is great and the movie is fun.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #485 on: May 04, 2014, 03:09:09 AM »
I hate when the Glass slides down and you can't see the pretty lady.

Fifth Element.

I love this movie. Watching it again, it just holds up so well, the Riff... not so much. This was the first one I watched back in the day. Roadhouse wasn't a movie I had heard of so didn't have sitting around. Now I'm sure I enjoyed it, and it clearly it got me hooked, but this isn't the type of riff you would use to introduce anyone to Rifftrax. It suffers from all the symptoms of the worst of the early solo trax. It's quite sparse at times, super casual, and there are huge off topic discussions with Disembaudio, & the audio isn't that great. It's ok, it's just showing it's age, a lot.

I'm not sure what was riffed more, The Rolling Stones, Clowns, or Kevin Federline.

Ruby ruby roooo!

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #486 on: May 04, 2014, 03:42:18 AM »
The Fifth Element was the first one I saw when I first heard about Rifftrax, I thought it sucked and the idea of Mike riffing alone didn't appeal to me. After that I didn't even bother checking the website for a couple of years until I saw the ROTLA riff at a friends house and realized Kevin and Bill had joined.   

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #487 on: May 05, 2014, 01:39:17 AM »
Why should I listen to you, you pale bastard!

Independence Day

This is a really great riff. A great mix of dopey film and the guys just having fun with it. It's solid pretty much all the way through. They nail Goldblum perfectly, and the Robert Loggia riffs are just gold.

Don't ever speak to me again Connick Jr!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #488 on: May 09, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »
JOIN ME IN THE ABYSS OF SAVINGS!

The Magical Dissappearing Money.

A really solid good riff of a frankly pretty weird little short. I was wondering who it was made for since it seemed unlikely a supermarket would fund a film to encourage people to buy low mark up items over high mark up ones. Powdered Milk is freaking disgusting!

--

It's not just mien kampf is our kampf.

Writing Better Social Letters

Starts off a little slow, but soon picks up. Pretty good. It is weird to think so hard about thanking people.

The letter supports marriage equality on facebook!

--

Woman, get my my warning hat!

Heroes - "Genesis" & "Don't Look Back".

Man I wish this show hadn't plummeted into suck so damn quickly. This is a good solid Solo Riff. This one had the mix of Mike and Disembaudio just right. Must be one of the earlier instances of Dis singing too. Mike's casual more slower paced riffing fit the pace of the show ok, there weren't lots of empty spots.  The previously on rifftrax was particularly good.

I'll post it, but I don't think people would be interested in a Cheerleader video...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:34:59 AM by BathTub »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #489 on: May 16, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »
This gay ball, or that gay ball...

Parts of Speech

Keep trying kid, you'll be potty trained by senior prom.

Overall fairly dry short about sentence and words types. The riff kind of relies on just a handful of set pieces and running gags. I wouldn't rank it as one of the better ones.

Fuck Dwight L. Burton!

----

Trailer tent problem?

Family Teamwork

A very weird and slightly creepy short about introspective kids deciding they should be more helpful around the house. An alright riff.

Teamteamteamteamteamteamteam Work!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:51:52 PM by BathTub »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #490 on: May 21, 2014, 03:05:28 AM »
This isn't Borat is it? People aren't being tricked into appearing in this movie?

Eragon

I love this riff. It's pretty much perfect. The movie is pretty much ideal, competent, but stupid, with a little bit of money behind it. That cast is great. Rachel Weisz  who sounds like she under duress for most of the film, a completely forgettable lead actor, Lady Robert Carlyle, Jeremy Irons and John freaking Malkovich. Mike and Kevin sound like they are having a great time all they through the film, but the ambiguous relatives at the beginning right up until the fashion battle giving us one of the best lines of the movie..

"We've run out of fruity hats my liege"

This is exactly the type of riff I would introduce to new people.

-----

This is just like Gone in 60 seconds, except people went to see Gone in 60 Seconds,.. and this was gone in 60 seconds...

NEXT

Well that was a weird effect, I'm glad we won't be seeing that again.

I had not seen this one before. NEXT didn't get a release in NZ so I wasn't able to get onboard immediately, and by the time I got the DVD I just didn't get around to watching it. (It's one that I had to purchase the DVD rather than just rent it).  This was... interesting. This is Mike and Bridget, so there are lots and lots of 'this is the state of our marriage' jokes, and what I felt was an uncommon reference to their religious beliefs.  You looked great up there reading the gospel. Not bad, just unusual. And of course due to the nature of the material, lots of joke repetition.  I didn't see the twist coming. I enjoyed it got plenty of laughs out of it. So I would rank it better than average.

Well that was a weird effect, I'm glad we won't be seeing that again.

---

That appears to be a horse....

At your fingertips - Cylinders

Another odd short, that makes you wonder how it got made in the first place. Lots of creepy kids. Starts off a bit slow, but ends up being pretty solid overall.

Cylinders... known for their rectangular shape and 2D-ness.

---

Meanwhile in Polly Wolly Ting Tong.

Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace.

An entire race of vacuum cleaners!

Well if ever there was a bad riff, this is it. I mean there is funny there definitely. Like anytime Mike does the racist Chinese Chef "You want Sweet Sour Soup while waiting for Tasty Noodle?" But really this just an excuse to shit on the film. Almost literally. One scene Kevin is just saying Horseshit,.. Bullshit.., and another where Kevin does nothing but retch into a bucket for the entire scene. And multiple scenes where both Mike and Kevin talk about slitting their wrists.
I don't recommend it, but it's Episode 1, so you know everyone wants to see it anyway.

We have a heroic coin sorting machine here...

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:18:46 AM by BathTub »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #491 on: June 01, 2014, 04:49:59 PM »
There used to be a sign here that said 'if you can't see this sign then it got washed away.'
What happened to it?
Jabba ate it.

Star Wars Episode 2

Lucas,  how many times have I told you to stay away from word processors?!

This Rifftrax is significantly better than the one for Episode 1, but they do still rely on 'lets just shit on the film rather than be funny' a fair bit. Chad Vader is used sparingly and was an alright edition. Overall an okay rifftrax.

I like the water.

----------

I smell another academy award for Meryl Streep!

Star Wars Episode 3

These guys are as handy with weapons as the guys who used to shoot at the A-Team.

Another ok Riff. Good to have Bill on board for this one. Still a little bit too much of the just shitting on the film rather than making funny. I really hope this attitude doesn't carry over to the riffs of 4,5, & 6 which I haven't seen before. Also quite a few repeat riffs. Like telling dick head guy to put some pants on it.

This "My Wife Dies" video game eats.

---------------------------

We now return to "She's not the oracle, she's the handler", already in progress...

Aeon Flux

I'd love to get one of those wall sphincters for my rec room.

This is my type of riff, a goofy film with just enough budget to not look pathetic. Mike and Kevin are having fun with the film and not just shitting on it the whole time. An easy one to recommend to fans.

She's unarmed but at all times ready to take a water sample.

--------

Tonight the part of the parents will be played by the grandparents.

You and Your Family.

A pretty decent fun little short. Not great, but definitely worth a watch.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:20:06 AM by BathTub »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #492 on: June 11, 2014, 01:22:15 AM »
The endless shades of brown tour!

Fashion Horizons

The lady in the background models a hangover and a canvas sack.

This was weird and a little long. It's basically one long commercial for Fashion and TWA about some people from LOS ANGLES! Pretty solid all round though.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #493 on: June 11, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »
Alien.  In Space, no one can hear you padding.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #494 on: June 16, 2014, 01:54:43 AM »
Safety Woman: In Danger Out of Doors was ok.. I struggled with it a little, the riffing really struggled to overcome the truly bizarre nature of the short!