Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 131328 times)

Offline modelmeg

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 124
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #465 on: September 13, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »
Cool As Ice.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #466 on: September 13, 2013, 08:21:36 PM »

Cool as Ice make me embarrassed to be a kid of the 90's

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
« Reply #467 on: September 14, 2013, 06:40:24 PM »

Cool as Ice make me embarrassed to be a kid of the 90's

No, what was embarassing was you went to see it ten times. All first and last dates... ;)

Offline kiwi.mike

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #468 on: October 05, 2013, 01:36:55 AM »
Just finished watching Starship Troopers, loved the riff, I think it adds a lot when you have actors with a history most people are aware of that they can riff on and there was a lot to work with here, Casper van Dien, Dina Meyer, the incomparable Neil Patrick Harris, Jake Busey, Jake Busey's teeth...

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #469 on: October 05, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »
"That hand is for my giant tooth brush!"

Offline Zapdos

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #470 on: November 20, 2013, 03:22:12 PM »
I have watched one every day this week.
Last night I watched Independence Day which was funny but not as funny as The Dark Knight and Halloween.
Especially Halloween
"I'm Shy!" cracked me up.

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #471 on: November 25, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »
Spiderman 3/Cloverfield double feature.
 :clap:

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #472 on: December 31, 2013, 06:53:07 AM »
The Happening

Depending on your perspective, it's either a shitty A-movie or a decent B-movie. Obviously it's not very good, but methinks a decent slab of the hate it got at the time was just M.Night bandwagon bashing. Had it been done by some unknown writer/director, it would have came and went.. just another mediocre suspense movie... While the general construction of the thing does make for perfect riff fodder, I don't think the movie itself is Razzie worthy or anything.

As for the riff, it comes right out of the gate hitting on all cylinders... and the first hour of the riff is excellent. Plenty of reaction shots and relatively low amounts of dialog gives the guys plenty of time to deliver the goods. Like so many great second bananas littered throughout the MST3K / Rifftrax catalog, John Leguizamo brings laughs outside of all relation to his screentime.... The big belly laugh factor was probably a bit low, but the consistently chuckling factor was high.  I watched it in a hospital waiting room and had a couple of audible snorts here and there. The final third or so is where things get a bit dull. Once the script has laid all the cards on the table and little new meat is thrown to the wolves, the riff fills lots of time with Walhberg sucks / M.Night sucks boilerplate. Overall, a very solid effort.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #473 on: December 31, 2013, 08:05:06 AM »
The Happening

Depending on your perspective, it's either a shitty A-movie or a decent B-movie. Obviously it's not very good, but methinks a decent slab of the hate it got at the time was just M.Night bandwagon bashing. Had it been done by some unknown writer/director, it would have came and went.. just another mediocre suspense movie... While the general construction of the thing does make for perfect riff fodder, I don't think the movie itself is Razzie worthy or anything.

As for the riff, it comes right out of the gate hitting on all cylinders... and the first hour of the riff is excellent. Plenty of reaction shots and relatively low amounts of dialog gives the guys plenty of time to deliver the goods. Like so many great second bananas littered throughout the MST3K / Rifftrax catalog, John Leguizamo brings laughs outside of all relation to his screentime.... The big belly laugh factor was probably a bit low, but the consistently chuckling factor was high.  I watched it in a hospital waiting room and had a couple of audible snorts here and there. The final third or so is where things get a bit dull. Once the script has laid all the cards on the table and little new meat is thrown to the wolves, the riff fills lots of time with Walhberg sucks / M.Night sucks boilerplate. Overall, a very solid effort.
Try the Quiptracks riff of this. It's hilarious too.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #474 on: February 01, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
Rifftrax of Safety: In Danger Out Of Doors. A good riff. Not one of their best, but still had plenty of great lines for a short.
I recommend getting both it and the Corny Commentaries iRiff as a double feature.

YAH! This road better not lead to The Master's place.

Eh, you're bouyant, right Carl?

Are there ANY women wearing mylar pantsuits ANYWHERE nearby?!

And you owe me a damn skateboard.

Offline Nobody

• Liked: 617
« Reply #475 on: February 01, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »
Star Trek: Generations

This is a really good one.  I was surprised how many times I still laugh out loud at what Mike and Kevin called, "The dumbest-assed Star Trek movie ever."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But what a perfect movie for riffing.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #476 on: February 02, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »
Star Trek: Generations

This is a really good one.  I was surprised how many times I still laugh out loud at what Mike and Kevin called, "The dumbest-assed Star Trek movie ever."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But what a perfect movie for riffing.

BUY MORE RIFFTRAX!

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #477 on: February 22, 2014, 07:52:09 PM »
Night of the Shorts. I recently got a PayPal credit, so I decided to use it to finally buy one of those VODs that are all the rage these days. I was almost sold on Guy from Harlem when I found this one. So glad I got this (though I do plan on getting GfH eventually). I love the guest riffers and all the shorts were great, especially Welcome Back Norman and Cooking Terms. Made me miss all those guest riffer trax from back in the day.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #478 on: March 16, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
Bloody Pit of Horror.

Lots of laugh out loud moments. Mike as the apathetic director of photography is a really great bit.

Offline Not TV's Frank

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 40
  • It just dawned on me how weird this film is.
« Reply #479 on: April 17, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
I rewatched Maniac. It still makes no sense. Then I started watching the live riff of Reefer Madness, but it got late and I only got through the shorts before I needed to go to bed. The short on grass and Kevin running around with his "fancy headdress" just about killed me.
"My legs are old, my teeth are gray, my arms are gnarled."