login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 131326 times)

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #435 on: March 26, 2013, 11:03:53 AM »
rewatched Jack the Giant Killer along with my two new ones, had a Rifftrax night!

I like this more each time I see it.  The first time I was meh.  And the short is one of my favorite shorts or all time.

Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
« Reply #436 on: March 31, 2013, 09:58:56 PM »
Watched the The Dark Knight last night. First time for both the riff and the movie.

Well, the film was annoying as hell. My third Nolan movie and I can now say without a doubt he is an even crappier director than Pete Jackson. And way way too long of a movie. Kudos to MK&B for doing their best--there are some really great riffs--but the movie is just long and dismal for them to have riffed with consistency.

Offline beavis2323

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #437 on: April 02, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »
breaker breaker

Offline Locuststakethesky

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 121
  • Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should.
    • Book of Face
« Reply #438 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:42 AM »
Watched Battlefield Earth for the first time last night, after buying a Like New copy of the DVD on amazon for a whopping $2.89 (I love Amazon Prime).  Wow...what an absolutely atrocious movie.  I thought the riffing was top notch, but even with MKB I found myself nodding off near the end. 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #439 on: April 13, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »
Poltergeist riff by Cole and Janet - This is phenomenal! Now my favorite of the Janet and Cole Rifftrax Presents. I still prefer the Hor-Riff-ic Presents riff, but this is very close. Highly recommended!
Cole and Janet really put so much performance into every riff, they re definitely on par with Rifftrax themselves. I love their banter, too. They definitely take advantage of having more than one riffer. Also, I am always in favor of having female riffers. Helps distinguish the riffers voices, you get a wider vocal range for riffs, everything.

Tobe Hooper, or not Tobe Hooper.

Loved the Poletergeist theme lyrics song in the opening credits.

I built this to look at the eclipse.

Pizza Hut. Proud supporter of lazy parents since 1972.

"Wow!" - You're scrawnier than I am!

Why is she the scariest thing in this movie so far? (THANK YOU! Jesus, she is fucking creepy as hell in the lighting in that scene! Gahhh!)

We're moving it to someplace called District 9.

I usually reserve this for iRiffs, but this one really deserves it

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #440 on: April 13, 2013, 06:50:50 PM »
Also, they mention Batteries Not Included at one point. I think that would be an excellent one for Janet and Cole to riff!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #441 on: April 14, 2013, 07:34:53 PM »
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer

First time for both the movie and the riff.

The Riff: the best comic book movie riff I've seen so far. Never hit it out of the ballpark but I was laughing constantly. I think this one worked so well because it was so wretched and gave them a lot to work with whereas the Avenges was merely dull and mediocre and a film like Thor is simply bad but not howling bad. F4 Rise of SS was howling bad.

The movie: What were they thinking?
And shouldn't Jessica Alba be given some sort of award for worst comic book movie performance ever?

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #442 on: April 22, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
Had fun spending my birthday money, completed my Rifftrax DVD collection and picked up a couple of Josh Way's shorts collection.  Along with Shout's Manos and some other stuff.

Seen both the Rifftrax movies of course, but they have those shorts I must see.  Darn you Rifftrax!
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Binkles the Dumpster Clown

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #443 on: May 01, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »
Storytelling: Can You Tell it in Order?
Watch the demon-clown's eyes without looking at the man's actual eyes. Do they not look like giant reptile eyes?
Once you see it, you won't be able to not see it!
Binkles the Dumpster Clown demands a blood sacrifice by the next full moon!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #444 on: June 16, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Well, some very funny riffs but it still made me glad they don't just any old blockbluster anymore. I do have to say the movie was even worse than I expected. Such a childish and awful script--it's like they were going for a kids movie (which the original Apes movies essentially were) but wanted to give it some seriousness and just made it silly. Ugh.

I believe our riffmeisters missed one instance of shameless pandering. The orangutan was named Maurice after Maurice Evans who played Zaius in the original.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #445 on: July 04, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »
This Independence Day I'm watching Independence Day.  A classic riff.  An oldie but a goody (Can't believe I'm saying this). 
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #446 on: July 21, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
The Batman serial, first episode: awesome. Very funny and a nice change of pace.

300: a solid riff. I have a hard time getting through this kind of movie though. Just so visually ugly--in fact, darn right repulsive. But there was plenty of ammunition for our riffers. Boy, was I glad when the movie finished though. I've never been so relieved to watch a "hero" die.

Offline modelmeg

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #447 on: July 23, 2013, 10:34:30 PM »
I have 27 minutes left of Matrix Revolutions. Even with the riffing I've had to watch this movie in shifts. I'd be great if someone, anyone, would emote.

Offline pumpkinpearl

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 24
  • Have fun storming the castle!
    • Zee Tvitter
« Reply #448 on: August 08, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »
Thor. 

ARRRGHGHHGHH REOIJRRRRRRR ARRGHHHH!
Murder Most Moist

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #449 on: August 11, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »
Batman serial Tunnel of Terror. Pretty fun. I don't know if they'll be able to keep the funny through more than a couple more but I'm glad they're doing this.

Rifftrax Live: Birdemic. This was the first live show I had to miss. Thought now was a good time to finally see it as a warm up for this week's show. A slight improvement on the MP3 and there was more interaction with the audience than I remember in previous shows though I think our riffers could have done a little more dancing at the end. You know what I'm sayin'?