login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 131337 times)

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2012, 02:21:33 PM »
In the last few days I re-watched the Dark Knight and Jaws trax.  Both solid riffs with lots of laughs.  Watched Jaws with a dozen other people at our Rifftrax meetup.  Our little group was comatose for two years but has recently been revived.  The Jaws riff turned out to be a crowd pleaser.  Lots of laughs, even before Quint showed up.  I was amazed that there were two or three people there who had never seen the movie!  Made me feel old. 

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #391 on: August 08, 2012, 12:46:25 PM »
Carnival of Souls.  Good riff.

I've always enjoyed this movie unriffed.  Its a classic, cheesy...yet quite creepy as well.  Saw on IMDB where "The Man" directed a lot of Centron educational shorts.  And acted in some of them.  Including many that MST did.  Wow.

The movie came with a free download of Harry Potter2, expired 2010.  What's up with that?
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Danecho1967

« Reply #392 on: August 11, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
The Room

This may well be their best Riff ever.  I've noticed over in the "The Room" board that people either loved or hated the Disembaudio bits during the sex scenes.  I loved them.  The running joke that, every time there was a sex scene, someone's life would be completely destroyed.  Just cracked me up.

My favorite Riff:
TW: You know what they say, "Love is blind."
Bill:  Yeah, but they don't say, "Love is a cuckolded idiot."

I guess it was just Bill's delivery.  I haven't laughed that hard for a long time.  I can't wait to watch it again, actually.  Except for the sex scenes of course...  Spiral cut ham.  Spiral cut ham...

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 294
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #393 on: August 11, 2012, 10:41:11 AM »
The Room

This may well be their best Riff ever.  I've noticed over in the "The Room" board that people either loved or hated the Disembaudio bits during the sex scenes.  I loved them.  The running joke that, every time there was a sex scene, someone's life would be completely destroyed.  Just cracked me up.

Some of them are funny, except for the stuff with Walter.   (Of course, that's a topic that's already been discussed at length in another thread, so no reason to go into it further.)
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2012, 07:56:38 PM »
Just got back from Manos, LOVED IT! If you haven't seen it yet. . . well, you're properly boned, aren't you?

Nah, if their past releases are anything to go by, I'd say a VOD and a DVD will be available in the near future. But there really was nothing like seeing it in a theater not FULL of people, but a respectable audience for a town my size! This is the second Rifftrax Live I've been to, and this one definitely had a lot more people there, so Rifftrax is growing in popularity-- as it SHOULD! These guys are among the few people in this industry who really deserve their success.

But yeah, it had a couple really great shorts-- I'd expect those to go on sale before long, too. And they used a good copy of the movie, and I think the riffing was better than MST3K's effort. Part of that might of been just the fun of seeing it with an audience, but I do think this time they had better timing. It seemed like with this version they really mastered knowing when to make a wisecrack, and when to just be quiet for a beat and let the movie's crappiness speak for itself.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #395 on: August 17, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
It's really tough...I couldn't help but think of the classic MST3K lines during some scenes, but it is true, some of the timing and the bits just work here that show a mastery of the craft.  It's the same thing I think of watching older MST3K episodes...even if the episode has a lot of good lines (just finished Fugitive Alien the other day, which fits that description), there's just things about the earlier writing that grate on me, especially the constant "Huh?" portions whenever somebody tells a joke that may be even be mildly obscure.  I still consider Manos one of the best MST3K episodes overall, but then again, despite what anyone feels about the host segments, I always felt even the weakest later episodes just a had a sense of comfort and timing that the earlier shows can't match.  And ergo why I think this Manos riff is still excellent...there is something to be said about knowing when to get out of the movie's way and let it make its own gravy that only time and experience can allow for.

And wow...I figured the scene of the Master slapping the crap out of the one wife would be cut for TV because it is unpleasant, but I had no idea that MST3K cut out so much of Torgo just trying to get up and move, too (if I'm remembering correctly; I just don't recall Torgo getting out of his dirt bed being quite that drawn out before).  When you have to make a movie 70 minutes by just not trimming minutes at a time at the beginning and ends of your scenes, you know you're in deep trouble.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
« Reply #396 on: August 18, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »
Bloody Pit of Horror. Bloody hell, absolutely loved the sleazy movie. I wish I could make the oiling the body in the front of the Castro District mirror scene leave my already scarred memory, but-- Did this film have a bloody hell of a subtext or what? Wow. (Afterward I watched the 1932 Island of Lost Souls which, by coincidence, seemed to have a lot of the same I love my male self, hate women, subtext as well).

The riffing was dynamite in parts, a little slow in others. Then again, it might just be The Summer Head Cold that Would Not Go Away....

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #397 on: August 20, 2012, 01:46:41 AM »
Bloody Pit of Horror. Bloody hell, absolutely loved the sleazy movie. I wish I could make the oiling the body in the front of the Castro District mirror scene leave my already scarred memory, but-- Did this film have a bloody hell of a subtext or what? Wow. (Afterward I watched the 1932 Island of Lost Souls which, by coincidence, seemed to have a lot of the same I love my male self, hate women, subtext as well).

The riffing was dynamite in parts, a little slow in others. Then again, it might just be The Summer Head Cold that Would Not Go Away....

Has anyone seen the ICWXP episode and the Rifftrax? I'm just curious to see how they stack up against each other.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #398 on: August 20, 2012, 02:54:01 PM »

Has anyone seen the ICWXP episode and the Rifftrax? I'm just curious to see how they stack up against each other.

Have not seen it. I don't know what Iriffs are good quality. Is there a thread that might point one to the best ones?

Danecho1967

« Reply #399 on: August 20, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »

Have not seen it. I don't know what Iriffs are good quality. Is there a thread that might point one to the best ones?
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=23725.0

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #400 on: August 20, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »
Thanks.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #401 on: August 20, 2012, 08:23:46 PM »
ICWXP is definitely one of the best and most creative iRiff teams out there (if not THE best). Bloody Pit of Horror (episode 103) is definitely my favorite out of all of their releases. Although the "Ghost Rider" (from episode 104) short is my favorite short they've done. The Morgan Freeman impersonation at the end cracks me up every time.

Danecho1967

« Reply #402 on: August 24, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
Dragon Wars: D-War

Maybe one of the worst movies to receive a Rifftrax, and one of the funniest Rifftrax ever.  It's as if Michael Bay tried to combine The Terminator, Cloverfield and Reign of Fire.  And, yes, the Riffs contain references to all four of those elements.

I had some great laugh-out-loud moments with this one.  I really loved Mike's impression of Al Paccino as the voice of the good dragon.  So funny.  The whole section during the L.A. battle about Kevin's colon just killed me.  I loved this Riff.

As a side note:  This is one reauthor when I wished that I was better at including forced subtitles.  They are pretty necessary at the front.  Luckily, the closed caption worked and I was able to watch that instead.  I think I'm getting better at reauthors, though.  I started this one at 3:00 pm and started watching the completed DVD at 6:30 pm. 

During the Autoducking part of the reauthor, I made and ate dinner with my mother and my niece.  General Tso's Chicken.  Yum.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to cook any Korean dishes.  That would have been appropriate.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #403 on: September 01, 2012, 12:02:32 AM »
Love that Car short. Hilarious. One of their best in a while.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #404 on: September 08, 2012, 12:18:29 AM »
Future Force. Love it. Really thought it was great.