login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 131363 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1266
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2011, 12:03:31 PM »
Yeah, I just finished watching Setting Up a Room for about the tenth time, and I agree with you Rattrap007. God, that was funny. I think that's the best thing they've released since Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1527
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2011, 12:38:52 PM »
Yeah, I just finished watching Setting Up a Room for about the tenth time, and I agree with you Rattrap007. God, that was funny. I think that's the best thing they've released since Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.

Hm. I wasn't a huge fan of S&TICB.  Took me a few tries to get through it.  But Setting Up A Room looks really funny.

spaceforarent

« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2011, 03:23:23 PM »
I wasn't a huge fan of S&TICB. 
That makes two of us

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #333 on: October 07, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
I just tried to watch the Star Wars Holiday Special riff. I love the riff, and the SWHS is so freakin' bizzarr it's kind of sublime in it's awefulness. The problem is that on my version of the SWHS file (downloaded from Google Video) the sound and the video quickly become more and more out of sync, to the point where it got just too distracting.

I think I'll watch some Turkey Shoot riffing instead.

Danecho1967

« Reply #334 on: October 09, 2011, 08:46:29 PM »
I finally got around to the Riff for "The Happening".

I saw the movie at the theater and I didn't like it.  However, I forgot over time just how bad it really is.  I can't say that this riff will ever be a favorite.  There's good stuff in the riff, but the movie...  I mean, my God, the thing is just BAD. 

I mean, a thread could be created about which movie has the least subtle environmental message: "The Happening" or "Birdemic". 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #335 on: October 10, 2011, 05:36:34 AM »
I finally got around to the Riff for "The Happening".

I saw the movie at the theater and I didn't like it.  However, I forgot over time just how bad it really is.  I can't say that this riff will ever be a favorite.  There's good stuff in the riff, but the movie...  I mean, my God, the thing is just BAD. 

I mean, a thread could be created about which movie has the least subtle environmental message: "The Happening" or "Birdemic". 
Try the Quiptracks for The Happening. I found it to be funnier.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2011, 07:00:02 PM »
Crater lake monster.

10/10!

Look at that hat,he's part of the Mother F_________ union.

Offline Prince of Space 5049

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
  • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha
« Reply #337 on: October 12, 2011, 07:04:48 AM »
Cloverfield.  Once again, when I first watched this, I was, meh.  Watched it last night and was laughing out loud.  My mood, as always, impacts what I think of a Rifftrax.
[

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #338 on: October 12, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »
Crater lake monster.

10/10!

Look at that hat,he's part of the Mother F_________ union.
Thanks for reminding me of this one. Watched it again last night. Loved it.

"It's Guy Caballero and his date."  I wanted more Guy Caballero references in this. The guy is a spot on impersonator! Maybe something like "He's not really passed out, he's just doing it for the respect."

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »
Watching Birdemic now, finally.

Ho.
Ly.

SHIT.

NORTH MEANS UP!

Wow, just now? Well, better late than never because this one is EPIC.

SCHLOCK AND TERROR!!!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline WeHateMovies

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #340 on: October 24, 2011, 09:07:17 AM »
Hey guys, not sure why but when I kept trying to create new topics it got "flagged as spam." Anyway, love Rifftrax and MST3K and just wrapped an interview with Michael J. Nelson for my podcast in which we also lampoon movies. You guys might really enjoy our show. We don't riff during a movie, but sum up plots, include audio clips, and use the material as fodder for our commentary. You might dig it. And please do check out my conversation with Mike. Let me know what you think! Thanks, Eric

whmpodcast . com

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #341 on: October 29, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
Pirates of the Caribbean,  'cause it's Halloween and I would go trick-or-treating as a pirate.  And I like that movie with or without the rifftrax,   Wish they would riff the others.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline cyrilgrey

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #342 on: December 07, 2011, 01:24:08 PM »
Watching Birdemic now, finally.

Ho.
Ly.

SHIT.

NORTH MEANS UP!

Wow, just now? Well, better late than never because this one is EPIC.

SCHLOCK AND TERROR!!!

Birdemic is still one I have trouble with-- I mean, it is funny as hell and there are more gut laughs in that one than in att the Star Wars riffs combined, but the film itself drives me absolutely insane with rage. How could they haver thought any of that was good? the acting. the effecvts. the dialogue "she's taking a shit" :o "i hear a mountain lion" ??? "solpanuls" >:( leaving the $100 a gallon gas can? the traffic in the background? Victoria's Secret model? a million dollar sale (after 50% discout, of course) :angry: "hanging out with the family" :angry: exploding eagles  :angry: what the hell was wrong with those people!? :grr: didn't anyone thing to question the director? "dude, i'm no bird expert, but i'm pretty sure none of them SPIT ACID!" "i know a bit more about fire dynamics and i know fire doesn't appear in random self-contained patches in a forest and that no operation would result in 0% containment (a comment the "newscaster made that Mike and Co didn't jump on, but that drove me crazy)". has the director ever seen a Victoria's Secret model? omg-- i'm getting all aggrivated just thinking about it now. And why "Shock and Terror"? why not "Shock and Caw"? :gouge:

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #343 on: December 07, 2011, 01:40:46 PM »
>:(  :angry: :angry: :angry: :grr: :gouge:

I edited down your post for brevity sake... But for me, the moments like the ones you pointed out do not incite rage... quite the opposite.

;D :clap: :highfive: :) ;D

That's what I think when I watch Birdemic and movies of it's ilk... That something can still be made, in this day and age, that is so completely awful and delightfully unaware of it's awfulness is so wonderfully entertaining in it's own right that it just makes me all warm and fuzzy. The world needs more folks like this insane shithead that made Birdemic and a lot less recycled corporate paint-by-numbers CGI 3D crap from the major studios. If nothing else, and you couldn't imagine ever watching it unriffed, they at least provide glorious amounts of riff fuel... and I enjoy them quite a bit more than circling the bottom of the barrel on the 3rd or 5th movie of some big budget franchise... when the good jokes from the first installment are completely bludgeoned and begging for mercy.

Offline John Bradley

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #344 on: December 07, 2011, 05:50:13 PM »
Casablanca.

The material was good, but I don't think it necessarily worked, at least in the classic "sync your MP3 player with the DVD" use-case. The (original) film is dialog heavy, with tight comic timing in a lot of the best bits. There aren't many of those nice big gaps between lines (yay modern filmmaking) in which to place the extra funny, so the guys were talking over the characters a fair amount of the time.

It'd probably work better if I went to the effort to build a pre-sync'd DVD with the original audio ducked as needed, but I haven't advanced to that level of RT Mastery yet.

But I'm all in favor of the guys doing more 'good' movies. IIRC, Citizen Kane isn't so rapid-fire with its dialog... that'd be a fine choice, I think. Or maybe some of the classic '30s Universal monster movies.