Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 123074 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #765 on: February 03, 2020, 01:01:31 PM »
Started Oblivion last night. Only about a half hour in. I think I kind of unironically like this movie. It has that special kind of Saturday-Morning-Stupid that makes bad movies fun (And I don't even generally like westerns). I'm kind of amazed at the level of talent they managed to sign up. I wouldn't call any of them A-List, but they're kind of at the top of the B-list, which is impressive for a movie I'd never heard of before.

Offline thedon3k

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
  • Eat This; You'll Understand....
« Reply #766 on: February 03, 2020, 02:05:28 PM »
Just caught Ghost House for the first time on the Twitch channel.

I know if people in horror movies made good decisions, we wouldn't have horror movies, but the movie does not give one compelling reason at all why anyone thinks it's a good idea to go back in there (Or initially go in there, come to think of it). There's a car breaking down that keeps them in the vicinity of the haunted house, but no motivation at all to go back into the murder-house.

GHOST HOUSE!!!! I'M REVOKING YOUR CHARTER!!!!!
TheDON3k

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #767 on: February 04, 2020, 06:46:00 PM »
Sword and the Sorcerer

This was not low budget, it was just poorly executed. Too many characters are thrown in there at weird times. Awful plot holes and decision in the narrative. Little development or character is given to them. A lot of things talked about should have been shown. The two Richards did good as the villains. The women were attractive and I assume everyone but the Murphy Brown guy looked hot to the ladies. I didn't mind the main character having moved on with his life after his family was deposed and killed. They could have chosen a better actor and had better dialogue, but the premise was sound.

Despite it being an hour forty, the guys kept the riffing moving along at a brisk pace. The film is choppy, but usually something is happening to talk about. Humor was a little more risque, but it has nudity so it fits.
"Do I need to have 'evil' tattooed on my wang?"

I wouldn't call it a classic, but I found it better than some of it's more poorly done contemporaries, like Hawk the Slayer.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 346
« Reply #768 on: February 05, 2020, 07:44:29 PM »
Kids Guide to the Internet-Short-Riffed by Connor and Sean
I laughed more during this 20 minute short then I've laughed during a riff in a long time. Admittedly half the laughs were at the short itself and not the riffs, but almost all the riffs were funny. Good job by Connor and Sean.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4869
« Reply #769 on: February 05, 2020, 07:56:00 PM »
Kids Guide to the Internet-Short-Riffed by Connor and Sean
I laughed more during this 20 minute short then I've laughed during a riff in a long time. Admittedly half the laughs were at the short itself and not the riffs, but almost all the riffs were funny. Good job by Connor and Sean.
Only a matter of time before this gets riffed...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fXpfdq3WYu4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fXpfdq3WYu4</a>

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #770 on: February 15, 2020, 10:42:38 PM »
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Rumor had it the studio ran the screenplay past Michael Bay. When he was done reading, he put it down and informed them, "This is really bad. And that's something coming from me."

Seriously, I would rather watch a Transfomers marathon than five minutes of this again. Ready Player One, well thought out, provocative and fill of subtle overtones compared to this. Every word in this script was beyond stupid. About 20 minutes in, when something idiotic was happening, I would start saying aloud, 'Fuck you too, movie.'

I ended up saying that a lot.

Even the riffs couldn't salvage it for me. Maybe if it had an almost venom like level of riffing, like I was feeling, perhaps. But for me, I don't think I'll ever watch it again. I'm glad this came with the kickstarter since I don't feel down for having paid money for it.

Oh yeah, 'Fuck you, movie.' I'll never forget or forgive

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 196
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #771 on: February 25, 2020, 11:15:18 AM »
Ice Cream Man

I still don't know who the intended audience for this movie was. Kids? Teens? Adults? I think every single one of those demographics would be turned off from this movie one way or another. I know I was certainly turned off, and I love bad kids movies such as Problem Child 2! So this one didn't do it for me. It didn't even do a good job turning me off of ice cream, I still crave that stuff.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 323
« Reply #772 on: February 29, 2020, 03:14:20 AM »
Ice Cream Man

I still don't know who the intended audience for this movie was. Kids? Teens? Adults? I think every single one of those demographics would be turned off from this movie one way or another. I know I was certainly turned off, and I love bad kids movies such as Problem Child 2! So this one didn't do it for me. It didn't even do a good job turning me off of ice cream, I still crave that stuff.

The late night cable crowd. So all of the above.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #773 on: February 29, 2020, 01:01:14 PM »
I need to watch this one. My absolute favorite type of Rifftrax are ones where the movie has no idea who the audience is. (See: Rollergator)

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #774 on: March 01, 2020, 07:38:39 PM »
I need to watch this one. My absolute favorite type of Rifftrax are ones where the movie has no idea who the audience is. (See: Rollergator)

I only watched it once so far, and it was kind of a mixed bag for me. Except for Jan Michael Vincent's most 'I don't give a fuck' performance ever. There might be a worse one out there, but it does not come to mind.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5910
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #775 on: March 02, 2020, 10:52:45 AM »
Spiker  - A pretty good riff for a movie that seems to have NO idea what people want from a sports movie.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #776 on: March 02, 2020, 08:51:11 PM »
I have just come to the realization that the narrator of the Thumbelina segment of Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny and the narrator of Fun in Balloonland are one and the same. That is a fascinating career trajectory.

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 555
« Reply #777 on: March 03, 2020, 01:26:49 PM »
I have just come to the realization that the narrator of the Thumbelina segment of Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny and the narrator of Fun in Balloonland are one and the same. That is a fascinating career trajectory.

That's so gay!

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #778 on: March 22, 2020, 11:40:38 PM »
Fear

As others have said, this is actually a pretty decent movie all by itself. Certainly low budget, but the ladies riffs help propel it forward. Their style of humor is a nice change of pace from the guys and somehow quite fitting with the older style of films like this, The Amazing Mr X, and the Sherlock series.  And Chris Pine's very attractive grandmother is in this. Grrrrrowl.

Megaforce

This was a beauty of a dumpster fire with perfect riffs to go with it. I mean this was easily an all time favorite rifftrax for me. A 10 out of 10. I cannot begin to describe the beauty of the horror of it. Sadly I don't think it's available on the site any more. But if it ever becomes available again, grab it. And if you already own it, give it a rewatch. It stands up over the test of time.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:43:53 PM by dbsommer »

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #779 on: March 28, 2020, 02:46:06 PM »
And despite working I find myself watching both new and old riffs

Bridget and Mary Jo: Strange Impersonation

I legitmately liked this film. Sure, it's been done before and since, but the the leads (portraying the same character), did a good job. The riffs helped make it better, and the duo have a real knack with their style fitting these older films perfectly. Definitely recommend.

Future Zone

David Carradine just makes for perfect fodder in these types of films. It was so terrible and lame, and the Riffs again meshed perfectly for this kind of 80's turd. But Carradine as a lead gives you so much ammo, like a lame Chris Lemmon imitating his father in Firehead. Also recommend this one.