Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 128098 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #750 on: January 16, 2020, 10:47:10 PM »
And now, at long last I've seen The Apple. That... is an ending to remember for sure.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #751 on: January 17, 2020, 05:14:57 AM »
Fun fact: there was supposed to be a musical number in the beginning explaining Mr. Top (more explicitly God) as he makes the Earth or animals or some crap but it was a complete disaster and they couldn't finish shooting.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6581
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #752 on: January 17, 2020, 05:49:50 AM »
Fun fact: there was supposed to be a musical number in the beginning explaining Mr. Top (more explicitly God) as he makes the Earth or animals or some crap but it was a complete disaster and they couldn't finish shooting.
Wait...something in that was MORE of a disaster than everything they did complete filming on?!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #753 on: January 17, 2020, 09:37:07 AM »
Like literal disaster.

From wikipedia.

The film originally began with a sequence in which Mr. Topps (aka God) creates the world. He sings the song "Creation" and brings various creatures including Alphie to life, then he sings a song with Mr. Boogalow (aka The Devil), who ultimately falls into a stream and disappears. Live animals, humans, puppets and people in costumes filled a small set. Mishaps abounded as a tiger got loose, the elephants got their trunks stuck in set pieces, people wearing a brontosaurus costume collapsed from the heat, and the terrain and restrictive size of the set proved difficult for the actors to dance through and cameras to maneuver. The omission of this disastrous shoot makes the biblical ending of the movie seem completely random.

I both do and don't want to see that.  An elephant getting its trunk caught in a thing is funny in the abstract, but probably a bummer in reality.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #754 on: January 18, 2020, 12:26:12 AM »
Just caught Ghost House for the first time on the Twitch channel.

I know if people in horror movies made good decisions, we wouldn't have horror movies, but the movie does not give one compelling reason at all why anyone thinks it's a good idea to go back in there (Or initially go in there, come to think of it). There's a car breaking down that keeps them in the vicinity of the haunted house, but no motivation at all to go back into the murder-house.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 116
« Reply #755 on: January 19, 2020, 07:15:46 PM »
Just caught Ghost House for the first time on the Twitch channel.

I know if people in horror movies made good decisions, we wouldn't have horror movies, but the movie does not give one compelling reason at all why anyone thinks it's a good idea to go back in there (Or initially go in there, come to think of it). There's a car breaking down that keeps them in the vicinity of the haunted house, but no motivation at all to go back into the murder-house.

Yes, but it was so wonderfully shit stupid that it made the ridiculous movie all the more hilarious. I just rewatched back in June as well and I think I was more amused the second time around. They have done plenty of awful horror movies, but this was one of the more laughably bad ones.

I'll throw in I watched Crater Lake Monster a while back. Definitely held up over the test of time.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #756 on: January 22, 2020, 10:31:59 PM »
Going down my list, I watched Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare. At first I was like, "Why are they doing this? There's nothing but sex scenes and bad rock performances!" And then I saw the last 10 minutes and it all made sense.

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #757 on: January 23, 2020, 07:22:38 PM »
Going down my list, I watched Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare. At first I was like, "Why are they doing this? There's nothing but sex scenes and bad rock performances!" And then I saw the last 10 minutes and it all made sense.

That was 10 out of 10 for me. Perfect mix of hilariously awful movie and riffing. It does fare better with nudity, as I saw the censored version recently and it loses some of its over the top ridiculousness without it. Also... boobies. But the synchronicity between the riffs and what was happening was a thing of beauty. And I really didn't see that swerve coming. It was a nice twist. The only thing I will give it credit for.

Also, male metal spiked bikini bottoms, I couldn't find any for sale when I was joking about it with the guys I was watching it with. I really was curious as to how much they went for.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6581
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #758 on: January 24, 2020, 05:54:06 AM »

Also, male metal spiked bikini bottoms, I couldn't find any for sale when I was joking about it with the guys I was watching it with. I really was curious as to how much they went for.
Wait...does that mean that you did find female metal spiked bikini bottoms?

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #759 on: January 24, 2020, 08:20:44 AM »

Wait...does that mean that you did find female metal spiked bikini bottoms?

Oh yes. Yes I did, so it wasn't a total loss. There weren't a lot, it was mostly tops. But there were some.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 08:22:42 AM by dbsommer »

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #760 on: January 25, 2020, 12:41:18 PM »
Vacation Days - excellent, great fun and a lot of laughs throughout
Mesa of Lost Women - hands down one of the funniest Rifftrax I've ever seen/heard  :clap:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:48:30 PM by CHF01 »

Offline linszoid

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 601
« Reply #761 on: January 25, 2020, 03:34:59 PM »

I challenge anyone to accept the challenge of watching that fight scene!

Offline dbsommer

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #762 on: January 25, 2020, 08:04:49 PM »
Sisters of Death

This is kind of an odd one for me. The riffs are definitely good and I found myself chuckling throughout. What is odd is while it's low budget as hell, is slow after the characters are introduced until the killings start, and has incredibly stupid moments with the bad guy's plan, I didn't find it ridiculously awful. It's certainly not good, but there was nothing blindingly terrible about it that made it a dumpster fire. Contrast this with the aforementioned Rock N Roll Nightmare or something like The Dark Power, and I can honestly say it's simply not well done, as opposed to being terrible.

It's worth a watch. Like I said they made up enjoyable riffs despite nothing horribly over the top to latch on to. Also 0f note, while some bits are blanked out on the tv service, there is no actual nudity. The vent scene you only get some sideboob from behind. The shower glass is so glazed nothing is able to be made out. I guess they were playing it safe, but it really was uneccsary. RNR Nightmare, yeah, tons of it that had to be blacked out. Imagine a gorilla gram every two minutes or so.

Alien Outlaw

The other half of the Lash Leroux duology. This was incredibly great. Low budget and tons of ridiculousness to grab on to. Practically every scene is awful in some way.  And the guys work some glorious magic on our quick draw heroine and aliens. Oh yes, Jessie Jamison in her show outfit looks great in it. Those legs, yowsa, as our friend Lash might have said. This one is worth owning without a doubt.
Come to think of it, Jessie might have been the most attractive protagonist they've had outside of Stuart Whitman and Treasure of the Amazon.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:06:52 PM by dbsommer »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #763 on: January 29, 2020, 09:01:52 AM »
We made it literally 45 minutes into The Dark Power last night and, other than a murmuring here and there about Toltec wizards, this has entirely just been a movie about a group of college students renting a house. There's only about a half-hour left. I assume it gets around to being a horror movie sooner or later. I'll find out tonight.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 334
« Reply #764 on: February 01, 2020, 09:27:30 PM »
The Last Woman on Earth.

Usually Corman movies are a bit rough but this film was a bit fun and riffs were fantastic. This was a really good one. Hope there is another team up in the future. It had me thinking I should watch one of the dudes' riffs sometime. The only other time I've heard them riff is that Superman team up thing and that was great too.