login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 113713 times)

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 243
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #735 on: August 09, 2019, 04:17:51 AM »
Oblivion and Replica - classic Rifftrax. The movies were hilarious on their own, the riffing adds the icing to the cake.

But George - sweet George Takei... the hell? I can give a pass to the Replica non-actors acting. But you're a seasoned professional, capable of giving a solid performance (see that Twilight Zone ep for one). Man, you should know better.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 379
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #736 on: August 09, 2019, 06:56:49 AM »
Oblivion and Replica - classic Rifftrax. The movies were hilarious on their own, the riffing adds But George - sweet George Takei... the hell? I can give a pass to the Replica non-actors acting. But you're a seasoned professional, capable of giving a solid performance (see that Twilight Zone ep for one). Man, you should know better.
In George's defense, an actor often needs a talented director to bring out that performance. Samuel L. Jackson and Natalie Portman are great actors, but you wouldn't think so if you only saw them in the prequels.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #737 on: August 15, 2019, 08:33:06 AM »
Oblivion and Replica - classic Rifftrax. The movies were hilarious on their own, the riffing adds But George - sweet George Takei... the hell? I can give a pass to the Replica non-actors acting. But you're a seasoned professional, capable of giving a solid performance (see that Twilight Zone ep for one). Man, you should know better.
In George's defense, an actor often needs a talented director to bring out that performance. Samuel L. Jackson and Natalie Portman are great actors, but you wouldn't think so if you only saw them in the prequels.

There's a difference between giving a lackluster performance and chewing the scenery worse than Shatner.