login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 103840 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #690 on: November 03, 2018, 01:07:55 AM »
I'd never checked out Retro Puppet Master before, and it was on Amazon Prime, so we took the plunge. That is a weird movie. It's weird how they never made it clear where the puppets were in relation to anything else. Like if they were stop-motion or something I could see why they'd film them separately, but they're PUPPETS. Like- Especially simple puppets. So they could be puppeteered, one assumes.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5368
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #691 on: November 03, 2018, 12:19:14 PM »
I'd never checked out Retro Puppet Master before, and it was on Amazon Prime, so we took the plunge. That is a weird movie. It's weird how they never made it clear where the puppets were in relation to anything else. Like if they were stop-motion or something I could see why they'd film them separately, but they're PUPPETS. Like- Especially simple puppets. So they could be puppeteered, one assumes.
That is assuming competence. Which Charles Band has increasingly less of.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #692 on: November 11, 2018, 06:09:47 AM »
Rescue Me.

Best riff of the year so far (sorry M,K, and B). B and MJ were on top of their game and the movie was just so dumb. Dumb when it tried to be a comedy and dumb when it tried to be buddy-bonding serious It's the best riff the ladies have done so far. Fantastic!

She

Also, excellent. I hadn't seen this campy film before. Some of the production design was impressive but what fun. A good riff.

Ice Cream Man

The tone of the movie was all off for this one to be very funny. Played straight like Jack Frost but still winking at the audience too much. Never the best material for rifftrax.

Offline dbsommer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #693 on: November 11, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »
Friend got an 80" samsung, and thus got the rifftax 24 hour streaming channel and we binged with some others. So here we go.

Alien Outlaws: I forgot how awesome that was. It was a bad movie in a way that was easy to make fun of. Go out and get this if you don't have it. Lash LaRue forever, Bay Bay.

Angels Revenge: An MST remake by the ladies. It was not all that strong an entry back in MST, and it's still not here. Worth a watch, but not that highly ranked.

Cyber Tracker: I forgot how not good this was. Part of it was this was a poorly done movie in a way it's hard to make effective humor of. Future Zone, and even Dark Future are far superior to this. I'd actually recommend moving this toward the bottom of your list of buys, it was that weak.

Rock N Roll Nightmare: A 10. Everyone laughed their head off at this and it was an awesome way to end the evening, despite the gorilla blocking all the good parts since the channel has a no nudity rating. This is a classic and I would list it as a must have. Also, amazon and ebay do not seem to have spiked underwear for men. Only spiked bras for women for some reason. Sexist pigs.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4516
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #694 on: November 12, 2018, 09:02:09 AM »
To Catch a Yeti:  Finally caught this one.  This is a weird mix of a movie that is among the most unwatchable (35 minutes in I was pleading with the movie to end) movies with some great riffs (about 35 minutes in is also when the MKB are playing at their a-game).  Also, holy shit to they gloss over that this kid wants to murder a girl.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 269
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #695 on: November 17, 2018, 12:31:11 PM »
Drawing for Beginners - The Triangle - It's hard for me to be too critical of something made so long ago, but this is super, super basic. It does make me wonder... did the creators of this series of shorts follow through and make drawing instructional videos all the way from basic to intermediate all the way to difficult?

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #696 on: Today at 03:07:28 AM »
Devil Girls from Mars.

Can you imagine watching this as the stage play it originally was? I'm assuming it never made the West End but toured some dismal seaside towns that Morrisey evokes so well in his songs...the audience must have cracked up, I think, even back then.

MJ and B were really into this one. The riffs were hilarious even during the stagey, talkie parts and when Devil dominatrix "girl" entered the scene or whenever her ship or robot showed up--pure comedy gold.
I must see. One of their best.