login

Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 119125 times)

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 361
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #735 on: August 09, 2019, 04:17:51 AM »
Oblivion and Replica - classic Rifftrax. The movies were hilarious on their own, the riffing adds the icing to the cake.

But George - sweet George Takei... the hell? I can give a pass to the Replica non-actors acting. But you're a seasoned professional, capable of giving a solid performance (see that Twilight Zone ep for one). Man, you should know better.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 444
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #736 on: August 09, 2019, 06:56:49 AM »
Oblivion and Replica - classic Rifftrax. The movies were hilarious on their own, the riffing adds But George - sweet George Takei... the hell? I can give a pass to the Replica non-actors acting. But you're a seasoned professional, capable of giving a solid performance (see that Twilight Zone ep for one). Man, you should know better.
In George's defense, an actor often needs a talented director to bring out that performance. Samuel L. Jackson and Natalie Portman are great actors, but you wouldn't think so if you only saw them in the prequels.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #737 on: August 15, 2019, 08:33:06 AM »
Oblivion and Replica - classic Rifftrax. The movies were hilarious on their own, the riffing adds But George - sweet George Takei... the hell? I can give a pass to the Replica non-actors acting. But you're a seasoned professional, capable of giving a solid performance (see that Twilight Zone ep for one). Man, you should know better.
In George's defense, an actor often needs a talented director to bring out that performance. Samuel L. Jackson and Natalie Portman are great actors, but you wouldn't think so if you only saw them in the prequels.

There's a difference between giving a lackluster performance and chewing the scenery worse than Shatner.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 186
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #738 on: August 31, 2019, 12:06:51 PM »
Street Fighter. What a piece of Garbage. I'd rather watch the Super Mario Bros. movie five times unriffed than the Street Fighter movie riffed again. Not even the riffing could save it.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #739 on: September 09, 2019, 11:52:56 AM »
No Retreat, No Surrender. The movie was a letterbox within a 4:3 screen, so when I watched on my iPhone, I had to zoom in and it looked extra fuzzy and grainy. I would say this was one of their best, up there with R.O.T.O.R., Mothra, and The Wizard. Very rarely did I not laugh at a riff, and I was howling with laughter at a famous MST3K callback (you know it when you'll come to it). Some movies w/ riffs I remove from my iPhone to save space, but I'm definitely keeping this one on my phone to watch again!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 10:38:36 AM by Iron Curtain »

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 315
« Reply #740 on: September 22, 2019, 05:34:10 AM »
Kill or be Killed

Almost as good as Death Promise. A near classic in other words and much better than the first  in this series. Has one of the great ending punch lines of any rifftrax. And Chico. Chico the mini Nick Cave. 9

Million Eyes of Su-Maru

I never could watch the KTMA version. That awful print. So great to finally see this and with great riffing. 9

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #741 on: October 10, 2019, 06:11:18 PM »
Yor: Hunter From The Future

This was really weird. Without spoiling much, It's as if Chekhov said one should both introduce and use the gun in Act III rather than introduce the gun in Act I and use it in Act III. It was a really bad movie, but bad in an entertaining way and the riffs were really funny. This is the kind of Rifftrax I live for!

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #742 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:12 PM »

This was really weird. Without spoiling much, It's as if Chekhov said one should both introduce and use the gun in Act III rather than introduce the gun in Act I and use it in Act III. It was a really bad movie, but bad in an entertaining way and the riffs were really funny. This is the kind of Rifftrax I live for!

While the movie wasn't cut... yes I owned it on VHS, stop mocking me!. Anyway, it's disjointed because it was actually a TV series in Brazil, and they cut *a ton* out of the movie consolidation. For instance Reb and the hot female lead were married around when they hit the beach.

Oh yes, when a flaming sword is thrown at you, run in a straight line away from it, rather than ducking out of the way. Much better evasion tactic.

I agree. The movie was so naturally bad when my friends saw it for the first time back in '94... they stumbled across my VHS copy of it when I wasn't there to stop them, okay? Anyway, it was so terrible we started 'riffing' on it. This was two years before I stumbled on MST3k, called the guys up and said, 'Guess what, we could have so cashed in on that idea if we'd seen that movie a couple of years earlier...."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:33:31 PM by dbsommer »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6080
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #743 on: October 11, 2019, 06:04:20 AM »

Anyway, it's disjointed because it was actually a TV series in Brazil, and they cut *a ton* out of the movie consolidation. For instance Reb and the hot female lead were married around when they hit the beach.
Wait, wait, wait, wait...there's MORE of this out there?!

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #744 on: October 11, 2019, 07:27:16 PM »

Wait, wait, wait, wait...there's MORE of this out there?!
[/quote]

Well, if IMDB is to be believed. And it was a mini series evidentily. Italian not Brazillian as I erroniously said.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084935/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Someone claimed archive.org has the four episodes. As much as  have fond memories of the film, I do not need more Yor.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:35:14 PM by dbsommer »

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #745 on: October 12, 2019, 12:57:27 AM »
Spiker I hated this film with a passion due to it being meandering pointlessness. I think the plot was 'being on a volleyball team is hard'. It was just plain awful. Terrible acting. Terrible dialogue. Terrible writing. While there were techinically worse films, I think it's worse than Cybertracker and the Starfighters. There is nothing redeeming about this turd, even through ineptitutide.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:55:41 AM by dbsommer »

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #746 on: October 16, 2019, 10:19:07 AM »
Miami Connection [Studio Version]: Yet another classic by Mike, Kevin, and Bill. I was laughing throughout the whole film! Some of the songs' lyrics made even less sense than the Smashing Pumpkins song "Disarm". This film was more competent and charming than other Rifftrax fodder, and it was far more watchable, but boy, was it riffable!

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #747 on: October 31, 2019, 10:42:37 PM »
The Night That Dracula Saved the World

Because, yo, it's Halloween. Yes it's under a half hour, but it's under half an hour of fun. The piece is fast paced, and the jokes come at it too. It's Halloween, give it some love.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #748 on: November 15, 2019, 07:38:16 AM »
Arachnia

This was perfect fodder for the guys, especially since it has the Edgewood brand on it which gave them call outs to work with. Low budget cheese, but coherent. Bad acting, but you got what archetypes they were playing. Just a fun venture worth a rewatch after a while.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3408
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #749 on: January 12, 2020, 01:50:48 AM »
Just caught Swamp of the Ravens for the first time on the Twitch stream. That was a weird one. I'm not totally sure if the swamp-zombies were supposed to be coming back to life or if it was more of a tell-tale heart kind of thing.