Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 113679 times)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 164
    • My website full o' stuff.
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #720 on: May 20, 2019, 04:33:28 AM »
I finished Rats: Night of Terror. Great Googly Moogly, what a piece of rat crap that movie was.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 536
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #721 on: May 23, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »
I got Play Safe - Live. That was pretty good, if horrifying as hell. There's one other thing I just couldn't ignore... what is it with the eye shadow on those birds?

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 298
« Reply #722 on: June 06, 2019, 05:32:41 AM »
Scared to Death.

Another top notch riff from MJ and B. There was so much stupidity to riff here. The rollskating in the parking garage scene, the acting, the everything. Rick Springfield made the right decision career-wise but personally, I would love to have acted in this film.

High School Hero.

My least favorite in this series. Freddy Steps Out is the best. Not enough musical numbers in the movie--their riffing really comes alive during those. And why did they make the annoying kid the central character in this?. Were audience members screaming out for more (what ever his name was)?

Ok, finally going to get to Blood Theatre tonight.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:34:15 AM by losingmydignity »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #723 on: June 06, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »
I'm almost done watching Cyborg Cop 2. Lots of questions, but the biggest one is this: Why in the holy hell is this thing called Cyborg Cop? There were no Cyborg Cops in this movie at all! That would be like making a movie about Robocop and calling it Stereo Speakers: The Movie.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 379
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #724 on: June 06, 2019, 08:26:56 PM »
Just got back from RiffTrax Live Star Raiders since there's no child board yet. This was really special, because it's the first time my dad & I got to attend one together. He's a fan of MST3k but hasn't gone to a show since Plan 9. We had a blast. Really funny stuff and laughed all the way home reminiscing our favorite lines which included:

"I saw something shiny and my foot is stuck in a hole!"
"Hey, it was Captain Lou Albano under there the whole time."
"Hold on, Casper! We're still filming! Come back!"
"I'm gonna go over there and lay down on a hot rock."
"These are great special effects for 1992." / "This was made 18 months ago!"

All the Casper Van Diem stuff (well, a lot of him didn't even need riffing). The zit-head guy. And EVERY. SINGLE. Crotalus line was THE BEST like "Does she have two mouths?" "Anyway your dad is dead over there." "Who clogged the toilet!? A horse must've gone in there!"

Of course I'm sure I'm forgetting some and will remember more later. Anyway, very fun!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3141
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #725 on: June 07, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »
Just added the child board!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #726 on: June 08, 2019, 11:59:01 PM »
Blood Theatre

Bitch Slime!

This one had some really good bits but as a whole was only an 8. I felt the same way I do about Hobgoblins. The movies is already such a camp knows it's dumb comedy there's not enough to play off. Too many jokes end up being of the "look how dumb this is" variety. Still, they did their best and I enjoyed.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #727 on: June 11, 2019, 11:29:03 AM »
Zombie/I EAT YOUR SKIN. This is one of the better B&W movies Rifftrax & MST3K have taken on. Even so, the Spanish in the movie is noticeably Un-Caribbean (I can tell because I live in NYC and my sister lives in Miami, so we come in contact with a lot of Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and Cubans, and their Spanish is VERY unlike the Spanish used in the movie).

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #728 on: June 12, 2019, 09:09:52 PM »
Did a double feature of older riffs: Nightmare at Noon and Hawk the Slayer. Nightmare is one of their stronger efforts, and the film was so awful (outside of a fun helicopter chase that had no place in this film) The troika of Wings Houser, Bo Hopkins, and George Kennedy made for comedic gold. They each had their own style of awful all crowded into an ill thought film. I'd give it a ten, but not an official 'classic' like ROTOR.

Hawk the Slayer, in theory this could have been another Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, especially with Palance chewing the scenery, but it was missing something. Enjoyable, but not Nightmare, or Warriors of the Lost World which was also another really amusing one with a number of the same supporting actors.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:16:09 PM by dbsommer »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #729 on: June 26, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »
Recently watched Birdemic for the first time. My God that movie is a beautiful disaster, like ROTOR, Space Mutiny or something.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #730 on: June 30, 2019, 07:31:04 AM »
So...Octoman

Yeah, not one of their best live shows for sure. I'd rank it in the lower half a little below Mothra and Anaconda and definitely above, say, Godzilla or Night of the Living Dead.

The movie reminded me a lot of Blood Waters of Dr Z, same vibe and such, and they had the same difficult time finding something to reliably fasten onto for the riffs and keep a groove on.
A lot of people complained about the slow cave scenes but I thought they were fairly funny and funniest bits were either stuff between the idiot explorers in the trailer or else just funny things from the movie with no riff needed. One of the problems, I think, is they failed to come up with a funny character/voice for the monster and just did the tired Vaudeville Cool Guy shtick. If they'd given him a funny motivation or thoughts or voice or something...this one might have been really good. Still, it's a tough one to riff and I can't fault them for trying.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #731 on: July 05, 2019, 05:00:15 AM »
1990 Bronx Warriors:

This one was so-bad-it's-good. It was strange that there was a shot in DUMBO, Brooklyn for what was supposed to be in the Bronx.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
« Reply #732 on: July 05, 2019, 05:05:23 PM »
Buffalo Rider. I regret that there's not enough Buffalo Riding therein.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #733 on: July 08, 2019, 06:30:52 AM »
The Power

Yeah, someone really turned the lights off on this one.

Best riff of the years so far, at least up to its release. I was laughing so much, the riffing was so dead on and--powerful that I thought this might be classic one but it slowed down about half way in. The last 15 or 20 minutes were hilarious though. Recommended for those who aren't buying everything these days.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 379
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #734 on: August 07, 2019, 11:58:41 AM »
After watching the musical remake, I decided to watch Little Shop of Horrors (1960) three riffer edition. Hadn't seen this edition before and barely remember the Mike solo from 10 years ago. Maybe they expected viewers to remember the movie better, because they talk through the movie a LOT. Not through the whole thing. But there are definitely scenes where it was a shocking amount, and I considered just watching the rest unriffed so I could hear what the characters were saying. I don't think I ever heard Dick Miller say much of anything really. And if the jokes were knee-slapping hilarious, maybe I wouldn't mind so much. There are definitely some great zingers in there. But some of the bits fell flat. All around, a big improvement on the original solo riff. I'm glad they at least made watching the movie easier.