Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 86230 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 05:24:34 PM »
Road House.

I didn't know a Mike only track could be a perfect 10.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 12:58:05 PM »
Harry Potter 1

HILARIOUS!!! But I still think #2 is the funniest (though, I dunno, #3 was really good too). Perfect rifftrax fodder!
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 09:45:54 PM »
Little Shop of Horrors

My last of the 3  riffer re-dos.  I put this one off for a while because I heard it was the weakest of the re-dos and I have to agree. I chuckled here and there but this one didn't do much for me.  As others have said, comedies (if you can call it that) just don't seem to lend themselves to riffing all that well. Of all the recent Legend trax, my favorite was NOTLD, with Carnival of Souls a close second.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »
Little Shop of Horrors

My last of the 3  riffer re-dos.  I put this one off for a while because I heard it was the weakest of the re-dos and I have to agree. I chuckled here and there but this one didn't do much for me.  As others have said, comedies (if you can call it that) just don't seem to lend themselves to riffing all that well. Of all the recent Legend trax, my favorite was NOTLD, with Carnival of Souls a close second.

I'm surprised to hear so many people say it's weak. I liked it. (although middle ground by the high Rifftrax standards)

"I'm Dick Miller, character actor. I've been in more crap than corn." has to be one of my favorite Rifftrax lines.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 02:42:49 PM »
just got a bunch of shorts and I'm most in love with "Drugs are Like That". Hilarious!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »
just got a bunch of shorts and I'm most in love with "Drugs are Like That". Hilarious!!
C'mon, man. It's not funny anymore. Gimme my nook! Ahh, spiders!

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 02:54:58 PM »
C'mon, man. It's not funny anymore. Gimme my nook! Ahh, spiders!

the song "Drugs are like that too!" with Kevin's brilliant addition "drugs are like your toys" has been going through my head all day. The examples they pick to compare drugs are so funny--"Got so I had to spin before every game." Also, "what? what do you mean?"

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 187
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 03:03:37 PM »
Could this be the funniest short ever?

Watched it a couple weeks ago.  My riffpartner and I needed a break and laughed our heads off the whole time.  And it's been like the 5th or 6th time watching it.

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »
Knocked through RIfftrax Shorts 2.  Genius.

-dale

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »
Harry Potter 1--brilliant. Great job. So quotable. "Dear Daniel: We own you for the rest of your teenage years". But I so appreciated this little literary reference: "Hogwarts: Certified by Wackford Squiers". Yay!! A reference for nerds like me!

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 12:38:12 PM »
Heroes

Although, like many others, I prefer the two & three riffer trax, these solo trax have their charms. I hadn't seen a mike only trax in over a year. I really liked their other forays into TV land.  While this wasn't as good as Lost, Grey's Anatomy, and the Hulk, it still made me laugh a heck of a lot more than my recent viewing of Little shop of Horrors. Part one had some solid laughs but it really kicked into high gear with part two. I found myself laughing fairly steadily through the second half. From what I've seen so far, rifftrax really can't go wrong with anything involving people with silly super powers.   I realize I'm in a minority but I would love to see them tackle some more primetime TV.

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 187
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 01:38:52 PM »
From what I've seen so far, rifftrax really can't go wrong with anything involving people with silly super powers.
Good observation.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of any super powers rifftrax that I find mediocre.

Offline RockSiren

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 24
    • The Store
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2009, 10:16:21 AM »
The Room- I dont know who suggested this, but I feel bad that THEY had to watch it un-Riffed. 

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 01:48:25 PM »
Star Trek V

I showed this at my monthly MST meetup because a couple of people wanted to see them do a trek film. There were ten of us and everyone really enjoyed it, especially the last half hour with all the great riffs about 'god.'  Six of the folks there had never seen a rifftrax and now they are anxious to see more.  I had seen this a couple of years ago and remember really enjoying it and ranking it as my favorite trax.  After watching it again I can't say it's my favorite anymore but it's still quite good and my favorite among the trek riffs.  Lots and lots of LOL moments.  You really get the sense that Mike and Kevin are having fun riffing on this. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that it was the first time they'd worked together on a rifftrax.

I've now seen this film six times and it get stupider every time.  I still say that the whole 'trying to find God' thing is a decent idea for a star trek story. In this film however, it was simply used as a gimmick. It's as though they wrote 3/4ths of the script and neglected to write an ending for the god story. Instead, they stick the klingons in there and hope we won't notice.  In  a decent episode of the tv show we would've at least found out what the heck that god head thingee was !! Not that a real ending would've saved this mess of a movie, but it still would've been something.  The whole film  feels unfinished, including the special effects.  I don't understand how the next generation TV show (which was running at the same time this movie came out) can have better special effects than this movie!!  Shouldn't the movie have way more money to toss around?  It never made sense to me.

We also watched the shorts Act your age, Coffeehouse Rendezvous, and Safety: Harm hides at home. These were all big hits with the crowd.  It's amazing how you'll have a completely different reaction to a trax when you watch it with a big crowd. Coffeehouse Rendezvous was the biggest hit of the three.  People laughed like hyenas at this short.   It had always been my least favorite of the three but this time I saw it in a whole new light and now I can't wait to watch it again.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 02:09:45 PM »
STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL

Ohhhhhh the paaaaaaaaaain. I'm still in trauma over Bea Arthur's song, Harvey Korman's humiliations, Luke and Leia's awful makeup, the bad writing and music, the disgusting lower lip of scratchy or itchy or whatever, the evil 70s rock and pop musical numbers, and the evil bad cartoon. And to top it all off, the characters are from the original--in other words, somehow it hurts more that it really is Mark Hamill, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, etc etc. But I think the most agonizing part about this movie is the awful circus that's in the first few minutes. "You know Elton John would pay handsomly if only this device were real." Bill's cries of agony mirror my own. And yet, I've seen this rifftrax three times now. WHy do I put myself through such agony?? Because it's hilarious. Best rifftrax ever. Can't imagine watching this without the trax. Thus my hat is off to the Three Amigos and their creative team.