Author Topic: I just finished watching..........................  (Read 82192 times)

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
I just finished watching..........................
« on: April 10, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
...............okay,  I know there are individual boards for each and every Rifftrax release, so this thread might seem redundant to some. However, those boards seem to pretty much dry up after the trax is more than two weeks old. I thought a thread like this might see more action.

I'll get the ball rolling..........  Recently watched Hulk - Final Round for the third time.  The first time I wasn't crazy about it, the second time I loved it, and this time I was somewhere in the middle. Many funny riffs but also some scenes where the riffs just kind of lie there. This trax had the short length and the wonderful source material going for it. Too bad they're not likely to do more 70's TV show cheese like this, due to the extra effort involved in getting the DVDs. It's nice to have a rifftrax in my collection that isn't as short as the shorts and isn't a two hour or more commitment like the other feature trax.

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
Re: I just finished watching..........................
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:35:07 PM »
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban night before last.  Fun movie, good riffing.  Love the "Hermione casts the 'give Ron a boner' spell" line.

Tonight I think I'll crack out the Bourne Identity - I've not seen that one in quite a while and my Friday night movie stack is dried up.

-dale

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 08:30:35 PM »
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban night before last.  Fun movie, good riffing.  Love the "Hermione casts the 'give Ron a boner' spell" line.

Tonight I think I'll crack out the Bourne Identity - I've not seen that one in quite a while and my Friday night movie stack is dried up.

-dale

I really enjoyed the Bourne Identity trax. Square headed Matt Damon proved to be one of those actors tailor made for riffing abuse.  However, so many others have used this as an example of  a weak trax that I'm actually scared to re-watch it for fear my opinion of it may change!

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 01:05:45 PM »
Dirty Dancing
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline dalem

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »
I really enjoyed the Bourne Identity trax. Square headed Matt Damon proved to be one of those actors tailor made for riffing abuse.  However, so many others have used this as an example of  a weak trax that I'm actually scared to re-watch it for fear my opinion of it may change!

Really?  I think it's quite solid.  After rewatching it Friday I still think so.

-dale

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 07:42:28 PM »

Really?  I think it's quite solid.  After rewatching it Friday I still think so.

-dale

Do it! I've watched it many times and love it every time. It's one of my faves (if not my #1 fave)!

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »

-dale

Do it! I've watched it many times and love it every time. It's one of my faves (if not my #1 fave)!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who liked this trax.  I'll stop being scared and rewatch soon to see if it holds up.  I don't remember where exactly (some of them might've been on the mst discussion board) but I just remember reading quite a few posts where people referred to this as their least favorite trax and it actually kept me away from it for awhile. Glad I eventually caught up with it. 

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 08:57:53 AM »
I finally delved into the Legend re-do's, although I never saw the solo Mike versions so they are not  do-overs for me:

House on Haunted Hill -  I was a bit disappointed in this one.  A few chuckles here and there but no real LOL moments. So many of the jokes were focused on the Big Valley guy and most of those backfired for me. Plus, the trio didn't seem as into it as usual. One of the weaker trax.

Swing Parade  -  I got more laughs out of this than HOHH. The first 20 minutes or so in particular was very good. After a while though, the sheer number of musical numbers defeated them.  I actually loved the MST episodes where they riffed on bad singing and dancing (I Accuse my Parents, Mixed-up Zombies.....) and in this one it was fun for a while but by the fourth or fifth musical number I was bored. Still, there is enough funny stuff here to make it worthwhile.  I didn't think the whole 'don't riff a comedy' thing really entered into it, considering it's way more a musical than a comedy.

Night of the Living Dead -  Now this was more like it.  Zombies, cemetaries, country bumpkins, bad carpentry, and  stereotypes galore....plenty for them to sink their teeth into here and I laughed fairly consistently from beginning to end. They seemed to be having a lot of fun with this classic horror film.  A solid trax and easily my favorite of the recent re-do's so far.  Still have four to go however.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 03:13:23 PM »

Night of the Living Dead -  Now this was more like it.  Zombies, cemetaries, country bumpkins, bad carpentry, and  stereotypes galore....plenty for them to sink their teeth into here and I laughed fairly consistently from beginning to end. They seemed to be having a lot of fun with this classic horror film.  A solid trax and easily my favorite of the recent re-do's so far.  Still have four to go however.
Glad to see you liked it. I've been considering watching that one, as I was quite disappointed with the Mike solo one.

Offline AllieLovesYou

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
  • Did you sign Sherry's birthday card?
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 10:37:47 AM »
Got around to watching Jurassic Park & Transformers, and must say I was very happy with the results. I can't decide which I liked better, but I think Transformers has a slight edge.
Jurassic Park still has one of my favorite riff lines ever though:
Sam Neil pretends to be electrocuted by the fence, then smiles back at the terrified children.
"Im a sadistic bastard!"
Translation: Ha ha, American. Tecmo no hire no one for speak English make manual of you.
Twitter: AllieCastellano

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 01:53:19 PM »
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Easily one of the best. They say everything I said to myself when I first saw the movie, like "why are they clapping do long for Hagrid?" and "why is Eat Slugs in English?" etc. So funny. So great. I love it.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 03:27:33 PM »
Terminator 3    second viewing:

Good trax. One thing I noticed this time around is that they seemed to be a bit heavier on the extended rants  than many of the more recent trax. I tend to prefer the quick one-liners to the rants anyway, so I'm happy with the current state of things.  They have a lot of fun with this film. There is a bit of humor here and there but the film takes itself just seriously enough to be riff-worthy.  Remember when these Mike and Kevin only rifftrax were the norm? That seems so long ago.

I think the film itself gets a bad rap. Sure, it's not a great action film like the first two, but it definitely falls into the decent action movie category.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 11:52:13 AM »
I just watched Bourne Identity Rifftrax a couple nights ago, now I really want them to riff Supremacy.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 08:52:37 PM »

All the teenage girls swoon at the sight of Edward throwing up a little in his mouth.

I didn't get to both of the Rifftrax I had planned for this weekend but did have a chance to catch the Twilight riff tonight. It was fine, but I guess I could do w/o a trax for this one as it's already silly-goofy enough for my liking. The love child of Matthew Perry & Powder riff had me stop the number crunching I was doing at that moment, and the pesky armadillo! Ok? k.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »
Carnival of Souls   three riffer edition

Just as good if not slightly better than NOTLD.  They have lots of fun with the greasy guy, the squirrel-faced landlady, the psychiatrist who isn't a psychiatrist and the whole concept of organ music as a form of actual entertainment. In a few scenes some of the aimless wandering and blank staring does defeat them, but during these minutes of the film it was pretty much a losing battle.  These scenes are a  prime example of a major weakness Rifftrax has to contend with:  their inability to edit out the unriffable bits of the films, as they were able to do on MST3k.

A good trax.