login

Author Topic: MIIIB  (Read 5892 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Men in Black 3
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 09:17:48 AM »
Don't forget the great job Vincent D'orfino did as "Bug Boy" or whatever his name was in the first one.

Gotta have a great villian in these things or forget it.  Lara Flynn Boyle was a joke in the second.

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »
He was becoming too much of a parody of himself like Jack Nicholson or Al Pacino.
What sick irony. Sick, sick irony. He was becoming a parody of himself, so to correct that... wait for it... he started literally parodying himself. Really? That's like a musician intentionally making bad music "as a joke." "Well, I hated Tommy Lee Jones when he started becoming a parody of himself, but when he started parodying himself, that was the fresh move I needed." *headexplodey*

oh I didn't think of Tommy Lee doing a parody in this one.  Certainly not like in Man of the House.  This wasn't the loud hoohah!! Tommy Lee that won the Academy award.  He was able to inject some real sadness in his character when he just interacted with his costars instead of barking things toward the camera.
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 08:34:39 PM »
Well, the second one appealed to the vorephle crowd (the portion that likes women eating people instead of women getting eaten.) I figure as long as they appeal to a fairly large fetish subculture, they'll net a cult following and make enough DVD sales to cover production costs.

That said, fetish appeal aside, the second one didn't engage me enough to make the 3rd one worth seeing, especially after such a huge time gap.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 07:43:17 AM »
I hated the second movie at first, but then I realized as a cookie cutter sequel, it's virtually perfect. Granted, the villain was not better, but there was more of everything else that made the first movie good. Although they should have had a cameo from Elvis. I think it's worth it just for the worm guys. And it's really economical. You can tell they didn't have to cut whole subplots from it. It gets right to the point. It's not Shakespeare, but neither is the first movie.

Ghostbusters II is kind of crap, but Vigo and Yanosh are now classic characters. Unlike, say, Gozer. When's the last time she got quoted? Though I'd still do her.

As far as assuming the third movie will suck, I really didn't like Austin Powers 2 much, but Goldmember was great despite still using that stupid time machine. And it has the best opening sequence of any comedy ever.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 06:28:53 PM »
I think I quote Gozer on at least a bi weekly basis. I've never quoted Vigo.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 07:30:40 PM »
I'll quote Gozer now and then, but I'll rattle off Viggo's introductory speech at the drop of a hat.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 09:29:32 PM »
Well okay, nobody quotes Vigo, but they do say, "Heeiz Vigo!"

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 04:47:42 AM »
Well okay, nobody quotes Vigo, but they do say, "Heeiz Vigo!"

Do they?

I'll quote Gozer now and then, but I'll rattle off Viggo's introductory speech at the drop of a hat.

Which is?

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 06:30:06 AM »
I quote "Look, everything you are doing is bad. I want you to know this" at least daily.

As well as "Hairless pets. Weird."

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 08:08:34 AM »
Well, the second one appealed to the vorephle crowd (the portion that likes women eating people instead of women getting eaten.)

Maybe that was supposed to be the joke...the idea that Lara Flynn Boyle eats.

I think I quote Gozer on at least a bi weekly basis. I've never quoted Vigo.

Before he was brought up Vigo - asked me what movie he was in - before this thread, I never could have told you.  Gozer I would have known immediately.