Author Topic: What have we learned?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
What have we learned?
« on: April 09, 2009, 10:02:30 AM »
I learned that God made a version of everything already before us, it's better and we shouldn't try.

I did not learn why the guy kept brining up MOUSEtraps, and then comparing them to FLYtraps in nature. Shouldn't he have compared them to ... flypaper maybe?

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
Re: What have we learned?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 12:10:23 AM »
Fly traps and mouse traps are both trigger traps designed to catch something. The fact it was able to evolve without there being any sort of "intermediate" plant still around today is somewhat of a mystery. Additionally, the plant is so easy to kill you wonder how it was able to evolve and survive at all.

I actually had a two fly traps, one that I bought in November a year ago that recently died because I never hibernated it, and another that didn't get watered for 3 weeks because the coworker who said they would do it while I was gone on xmas break didn't. That one is slowly on a death spiral, still alive but on its way out.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:14:15 AM »
I learned that God made a version of everything already before us, it's better and we shouldn't try.

I did not learn why the guy kept brining up MOUSEtraps, and then comparing them to FLYtraps in nature. Shouldn't he have compared them to ... flypaper maybe?

Well, some caterpillars were also trapped.  They were working their way up to mice, but the video was, uh, cut short.

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 07:33:59 PM »
the flytrap is triggered by LOVE  :-*
the guy who speaks with us surrounds himself with way too much gray.

UncleDes

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 09:07:37 PM »
Lots of Moody institute stuff here...

http://www.archive.org/details/mystery_of_time