Author Topic: The worst Tv shows in history.  (Read 27547 times)

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
Re: The worst Tv shows in history.
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2012, 09:25:10 AM »
Now I know it is not the worst worst show ever made but I think Full House belongs on this list just for being so bland that there was no reason it should have existed in the first place.  It was one of those shows that was just there and even as a kid I could not figure out what there was about it that would have impressed a network executive enough to give the show the green light.

Oh god yes. Although the one funny thing is seeing it now knowing how blue the comedy of Bob Saget really is.

MontyServo

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »
Now I know it is not the worst worst show ever made but I think Full House belongs on this list just for being so bland that there was no reason it should have existed in the first place.  It was one of those shows that was just there and even as a kid I could not figure out what there was about it that would have impressed a network executive enough to give the show the green light.

There are far worse shows than Full House.  It was alright for what it was.  Mildly inoffensive family entertainment.  Same as Family Matters and Perfect Strangers.  Nobody is going to rate any of these shows as classic, but I'm sure some people fondly remember them and they were all very successful.

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
Now you see to me that is what makes the show worse.  To me it is one thing if you try something new and fail because of a lack of budget or casting or something like that but when someone doesn't even try to make their show good or stand out in any way that is much worse then trying and failing to make a good show.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »
Now you see to me that is what makes the show worse.  To me it is one thing if you try something new and fail because of a lack of budget or casting or something like that but when someone doesn't even try to make their show good or stand out in any way that is much worse then trying and failing to make a good show.

I agree completely with this, but I'm afraid that would mean putting pretty much every TV show in the "worst TV shows ever" category.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »
The reason Full House skates by without too much notice these days is that it's just bland.  It doesn't stick in your memory as being that bad because its unmemorable at its core.  I've been trying to actually think of an episode of this series, and all I can really remember is Michelle saying "There's a car in the kitchen!"  The show almost becomes offensive in its pure inoffensiveness.

The reason it does belong on a list of worst tv shows though, is that its yet another in a line of shows that felt they had to dumb everything down in order to appeal to the family audience.  Now that we live in a world where a cartoon invented to sell multicolored lumps of plastic with brushable hair to little girls can be revitallized with intelegent writing, we can plainly see that's not needed.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline pezdrake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2012, 06:42:23 AM »
I must mention this. It is Godwin's Law!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjCkcAmzDc

And I would be remiss not to mention Brad Jones' (The Cinema Snob) great review of it:

http://thecinemasnob.com/2011/05/16/dvd-r-hell-heil-honey-im-home.aspx

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2012, 06:17:23 PM »
Okay it may not be the worst but it gave me a headache and I can't say that about many shows.  Year ago I think MTV did an animated version of Spiderman and I can't know what was up with the animation but every time I tried to watch five minutes of it I got a headache.  Anyone else remember this show?
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Gandalf Lundgren

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 159
  • "You shall not pass, I must break you!"
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »
Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Rock of Love
Jersey Shore

basically anything to do with reality television.

EDIT The only good thing to happen in any reality television show.
Oh, and perhaps that clip of Snooki being punched in the face.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-OZjHjJToVo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-OZjHjJToVo</a>