Author Topic: Video Game Bargain Thread  (Read 177488 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Video Game Bargain Thread
« Reply #1200 on: June 21, 2016, 12:10:09 PM »
I doubt there are many on Steam that don't have a copy or two of Limbo, but, yeah, if you don't have it, get it n' play it.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1010
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #1201 on: June 23, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »
Steam sale has started.

For Marvel Heroes players, there's a Civil War pack with Cap, Tony, their stashes, some boosts and Civil War costumes for $2.50. That's a hell of a deal. (Heck, there's $10 worth of Stash space in there, by itself.) Also, keep doing you daily log ins because this guy is your gift after the next patch:

Hawkdog FTW.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1202 on: June 24, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »
This Steam sale hit at juust the wrong time for me. Everything I really want is either too new to be significantly discounted, or so old that the standard price is already just 5 bucks, and a 20 percent discount doesn't mean much.

I did go ahead and buy Tropico 5 complete. I already had Tropico 5, but getting every expansion for $9.99 is a steal.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #1203 on: June 24, 2016, 06:47:23 AM »
This Steam sale hit at juust the wrong time for me. Everything I really want is either too new to be significantly discounted, or so old that the standard price is already just 5 bucks, and a 20 percent discount doesn't mean much.

I did go ahead and buy Tropico 5 complete. I already had Tropico 5, but getting every expansion for $9.99 is a steal.

I made out pretty well. 5 games for $43 total. I've gotten in the habit of using the wish list for games that I want but don't have time to play. Makes it easy during sales to remember all the stuff I had my eye on. I got:

Everyone's gone to the rapture
12 is better than 6
35mm
The cat lady
The Solus project

I have my eye on NBA2k because it's so heavily discounted, but the reviews are pretty awful for it. We'll see. There's still some time in the sale.

E

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1204 on: June 25, 2016, 01:00:39 PM »
Pizzadog is now available in Marvel Heroes.

Also on Steam, there's a stealth bundle in there. While Just Cause 3 (50% off) and Rise of the Tomb Raider (35% off) are separately available, if you buy them together, you get to take an extra 25% off, which saves another $17 for American buyers.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #1205 on: June 25, 2016, 04:21:30 PM »
I picked up:

Dragon's Dogma
Stardew Valley
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming
Transformers: Devastation
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
DreadOut
The Room
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

A very good haul for this years sale. I think I only spent about $60. I'm a big fan of the newer sales format.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #1206 on: June 25, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »
I picked up:

Dragon's Dogma
Stardew Valley
DreadOut
The Room

A very good haul for this years sale. I think I only spent about $60. I'm a big fan of the newer sales format.

I forget, what's the format?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #1207 on: June 25, 2016, 07:32:08 PM »
I picked up:

Dragon's Dogma
Stardew Valley
DreadOut
The Room

I forget, what's the format?

No more flash sales or games or timed events. The sale stays the same for the whole week, or however long it lasts.

Though they still have trading cards.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #1208 on: June 28, 2016, 12:31:49 PM »
Picked up Hunie Cam Studio, Grim Fandango, Speedrunners, Euro Truck Sim 2, The Beginners Guide, Enter the Gungeon, and the Sonic Humble Bundle. Less than 50 buck with a bunch of interesting new games. Euro Truck sim allows me to fulfill my life long dream of being a European truck driver.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #1209 on: June 28, 2016, 07:05:12 PM »
Picked up Hunie Cam Studio, Grim Fandango, Speedrunners, Euro Truck Sim 2, The Beginners Guide, Enter the Gungeon, and the Sonic Humble Bundle. Less than 50 buck with a bunch of interesting new games. Euro Truck sim allows me to fulfill my life long dream of being a European truck driver.

Euro Truck Sim is great to play while listening to podcasts. I'm really looking forward to getting American Truck Sim when most of the DLC and updates are included for a single price.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1261
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #1210 on: July 02, 2016, 12:53:11 PM »
I got:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (75% off) - Seems very promising. High production values. Too bad the studio went under soon after release. You can get the base game and all expansions for about $10.
Singularity (50% off) - Very Bioshock-esque, with some time travel thrown in.
Life is Strange (50% off) - Finally got around to buying this.
Transformers: Devastation (75% off) - Haven't played it yet. Heard it's good. We'll see.

Offline SJP

• Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #1211 on: July 04, 2016, 02:53:13 PM »
I hit the GOG sales earlier in the summer, so I was tapped out when it came to Steam.  Only thing I picked up was Infinity Runner for $1.39.

At that price, I could've gotten a turd in a box and I wouldn't have been too unhappy.  But what I got is hilarious b-movie-esque entertainment.  I honestly wouldn't have paid more than that for this game (it's regular $5-$6), but the jumping and ducking, fast-paced action reminds me an awful lot of the opening level of Aztec Challenge for the Commodore 64.  And its gimmick is pointless, but downright hilarious.  But I won't spoil it here.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1212 on: July 12, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »
Do you own an Amazon Echo?

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #1213 on: August 21, 2016, 04:33:00 AM »
There are some really good deals right now on Bandai Namco's site for most systems (https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/digital-deal) use code BNE15OFF for an extra 15% off. I picked up a Naruto game and Tales of Zestria for about $13. They have all the Dark Souls' and Dragonball stuff on there.

Here's a Steam key for Galak-Z if anyone wants it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #1214 on: August 21, 2016, 05:35:10 AM »
There are some really good deals right now on Bandai Namco's site for most systems (https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/digital-deal) use code BNE15OFF for an extra 15% off. I picked up a Naruto game and Tales of Zestria for about $13. They have all the Dark Souls' and Dragonball stuff on there.

Here's a Steam key for Galak-Z if anyone wants it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Galak-Z is great.  Someone should take it.