Author Topic: Video Game Bargain Thread  (Read 177384 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Video Game Bargain Thread
« Reply #1125 on: November 15, 2015, 07:47:47 AM »
Steam has The Stanley Parable on sale this weekend for $3.74 so I'm finally going to try out that game.

If you don't get the Art Ending, you're a wuss. I did it, and it was brutal, but so amazing.

Jesus, really?  Did you use some kind of automation?  Or are you just a crazy person?

Oh, I'm crazy. I did it manually.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1010
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #1126 on: November 15, 2015, 01:02:46 PM »
Two notes:
One, Jade Empire is a freebie on Origin now. JE is Bioware's "other" RPG, their martial arts/ pseudo Orient game. It is quite good especially for free.

Two, for the Smite players, Liberte Athena is one favor this weekend, to show support for France.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #1127 on: November 15, 2015, 10:50:39 PM »
Two notes:
One, Jade Empire is a freebie on Origin now. JE is Bioware's "other" RPG, their martial arts/ pseudo Orient game. It is quite good especially for free.

Two, for the Smite players, Liberte Athena is one favor this weekend, to show support for France.

I was excited when I saw this post but Jade Empire was only listed as for sale ($14.99) when I checked. I looked it up and apparently it's not clear whether or not EA mistakenly made it free temporarily, or possibly might bring it back for free.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/11/15/bioware-39-s-jade-empire-is-free-on-origin.aspx

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1128 on: November 15, 2015, 11:22:59 PM »
It's just as well. The PC version  (At least the one I bought back in the day) didn't have controller support, and JE is a game that needs its controller...

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1129 on: November 18, 2015, 12:41:09 PM »
So, can't get in on the Fallout 4 fun? Well, Bundle Stars is running a special Fallout bundle with all the prior Fallouts and DLC.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1130 on: November 21, 2015, 10:19:12 PM »
From Eurogamer, changes to dun, dun, dun! The Steam Sale!

According to an e-mail sent to developers, the T-Day Steam sale (Nov 25- Dec 1) and sales beyond that will no longer have, say, GTA V on sale for a few hours at a big discounts and then pop up to a more modest discount. Rather, the sale price will be constant through the entire sale and the items on sale will just cycle through the front page. (And the end of the year sale is Dec 22- Jan 4.) It's suspected that this might be a change to accommodate Steam's refund policy to keep people from buying stuff and then returning it if it goes on sale further.

So, to sum up- no more daily sales, just a week long sale of stuff.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #1131 on: November 25, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
I just found one of my favorite bundles of this year at Bundlestars. It's the entire Quake series for $10, it's a limited quantity and I suspect it will run out soon. Type save10 in the discount code to save an additional 10%

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/quake-bundle

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #1132 on: November 26, 2015, 12:14:30 PM »

According to an e-mail sent to developers, the T-Day Steam sale (Nov 25- Dec 1) and sales beyond that will no longer have, say, GTA V on sale for a few hours at a big discounts and then pop up to a more modest discount. Rather, the sale price will be constant through the entire sale and the items on sale will just cycle through the front page. (And the end of the year sale is Dec 22- Jan 4.) It's suspected that this might be a change to accommodate Steam's refund policy to keep people from buying stuff and then returning it if it goes on sale further.

Picked up Civ Beyond Earth and Starships as a bundle because it was cheaper than buying them separate.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #1133 on: November 26, 2015, 12:36:58 PM »

Picked up Civ Beyond Earth and Starships as a bundle because it was cheaper than buying them separate.

I bought KOTOR 2, Aliens vs Predator Classic (2000), and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. There are a few other games I'm eyeballing too. I much prefer this method of sales. Just put everything up on the first day. I have missed many good deals in the past because of the old system.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #1134 on: November 26, 2015, 03:03:22 PM »

I bought KOTOR 2, Aliens vs Predator Classic (2000), and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. There are a few other games I'm eyeballing too. I much prefer this method of sales. Just put everything up on the first day. I have missed many good deals in the past because of the old system.

Overall I prefer this method. Just a little bummed cause I've finally remembered to save my steam cards to craft badges during a sale but it looks like they might not be doing that anymore. Guess I'll wait for the next summer sale to find out.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1135 on: November 26, 2015, 04:13:38 PM »
Picked up Fallout 3 - Game of the Year edition. I've had it forever on XBox, but these days I do most of my gaming on my PC late at night, so it should be fun to put some time into it again.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #1136 on: November 27, 2015, 12:38:53 PM »
Champions Online players, if you log in this weekend, you get a free free-form character slot. Those normally sell for $50 for non-subs.

soguru

« Reply #1137 on: November 27, 2015, 09:38:47 PM »
I picked up Transformers: Devastation because it was half-priced on PSN for black Friday, plus I also had a Playstation network gift card. It's pretty fun, but I must admit it will probably be the most fun to those with pangs of irresistible nostalgia.

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #1138 on: November 29, 2015, 09:54:37 AM »

Elite: Dangerous is $15 and I'm very tempted to hop on that. You can play it like Euro Truck Simulator in space or be a bounty hunter and shoot pirates...or just cruise around and look at the pretty planets.
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #1139 on: November 29, 2015, 05:54:13 PM »

Elite: Dangerous is $15 and I'm very tempted to hop on that. You can play it like Euro Truck Simulator in space or be a bounty hunter and shoot pirates...or just cruise around and look at the pretty planets.

I really like Elite Dangerous. I spent about 150 hrs in it and plan to play again when the new expansion for planet landing/exploration comes out. Euro Truck Sim is an apt description but Elite has much more action and options than that, it also looks freaking fantastic which helps a lot in the game. It's a fun game to turn on a good podcast and explore the galaxy. I was primarily a bounty hunter/smuggler but explorer, trader, miner, pirate, and trader were all viable career options too. It's best played with a flight stick but a Xbox pad works great I heard. For $15 dollars it's a freaking steal and you would be crazy to not try if your even a little interested.

My pick for the Steam sale is the Metro Redux Bundle for $7.49. The bundle includes Metro Last Light and Metro 2033 Redux (completely re made version of 2033 in the updated Last Light Engine with updated mechanics). These two games are probably my favorite single player FPS games on PC. I very rarely replay games but I have played each of these games at least three times and I plan to play them again. The games were developed in the Ukraine and the there is some wonky localization and voice acting, the AI can also be a little strange when you play stealthily. Both games are about 10 hours and are the best looking, most atmospheric games on PC IMO. Do yourself a favor and buy these game, I love them so much and want the world to play them.