Author Topic: Video Game Bargain Thread  (Read 173703 times)

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
Re: Video Game Bargain Thread
« Reply #840 on: January 02, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »
Saints Row IV is $19.99 on Steam.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #841 on: January 02, 2014, 03:37:33 PM »
Okay I'm ready for the hate. I haven't liked any Zelda games, I didn't like it on the NES, Ocarina of Time was meh, and I don't like any of the other ones since. I have literally never met someone who agrees with me on this matter.

I'm pretty much indifferent to the Zelda stuff as well.... I played the first two games (or three?) that were released for NES / SNES when I was a kid... I liked them just fine, but they never really hit me as "OMG BEST EVAR!!" stuff like they did some friends of mine. I never owned a N64 / Gamecube / DS, so there was a big gap there when I didn't touch anything from the franchise and haven't since.

The latest Arkham game is 50% off ($25) on Steam. I got another 18 hours to mull it over... But I'll likely wait until summer, as I doubt I'll play it until then anyways and I'm sure it will go back on sale.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #842 on: January 02, 2014, 03:46:13 PM »
The latest Arkham game is 50% off ($25) on Steam. I got another 18 hours to mull it over... But I'll likely wait until summer, as I doubt I'll play it until then anyways and I'm sure it will go back on sale.

You should wait, not much new there. It's great, but it feels like an Arkham city expansion. You'll probably enjoy it more if you wait anyway.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #843 on: January 02, 2014, 06:42:28 PM »
I'm up to $5.00 from selling Steam winter sale trading cards I got from voting. I want to see how much 'free money' I can get and the best game I can get on the last day of the sale. The first card I sold I got a little less than a dollar but now the card value has been plummeting to about $.25, but I'm hoping to round out about $7.

Whew. Okay, I finished my final set of Steam winter cards today. I have zero of them left now. Yay.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #844 on: January 02, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »
I'm up to $5.00 from selling Steam winter sale trading cards I got from voting. I want to see how much 'free money' I can get and the best game I can get on the last day of the sale. The first card I sold I got a little less than a dollar but now the card value has been plummeting to about $.25, but I'm hoping to round out about $7.
Whew. Okay, I finished my final set of Steam winter cards today. I have zero of them left now. Yay.
From selling Steam cards during the sale I bought (some cards I sold during the sale not from the sale but mostly snow globe cards):

Payday the Heist ($1.99) + The Wolf Pack DLC ($.99)
Verdun Early Access ($3.99)
Super Hexagon ($.49)
Electronic Super Joy ($.75)

And I have $1.53 left over. Pretty good for free :highfive:

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #845 on: January 28, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »
Still don't have Civ V: Brave New World? Gamefly Digital has it for $6.74 today, and with the discount code GFDJAN25, that takes it down to $5.62. Go. Buy it.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1785
« Reply #846 on: January 28, 2014, 05:41:40 PM »
Uh oh.... Assasins Creed Black flag is 75% off today.  I can get it for like $23.  Yeah, that price matches my curiosity level. 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131758-AC4-Black-Flag-at-63-Off-Borderlands-2-Hits-5-Mark

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #847 on: January 29, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »
Black flag was fun, I lost all my saves when I did my windows re install and apparently Uplay's cloud saves did nothing, I'll probably move on but it was fun. 

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1785
« Reply #848 on: January 30, 2014, 07:01:39 AM »
I fired it up for a bit yesterday and I'm having fun so far. Sailing ships promises to be fun, and these busy cities seem great for exploration. Perhaps I enjoy the setting a lot more in the game because It doesn't feel so tedious so far. Oh. But the framing first person sections I still want to end as soon as possible.

And now that I'm finally happy with my frame rate it's even better. Had to turn AA all the way down to fxaa, AO is on HBAO (low), and shadows are on Very High (but not soft shadows). Other than that the setting are cranked up all the way, including resolution at 2560x1440 which makes everything so crisp.

The key for me was disabling vsync in game the using d3doverrider to enable it and force triple buffering. Normal vsync was really killing my frame rate and made panning around real choppy. Triple buffering fixed that.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #849 on: February 03, 2014, 11:46:03 AM »
Over at GreenMan Gaming (http://www.greenmangaming.com/) they're having a "say goodbye to 2013" sale, which includes the following:

EU IV - $19.99
Arkham Origins- $16.99
Sniper 2 - $7.49
Injustice Gods Among Us - $12.49

And there's alos the usual 20% off coupon there which doesn't seem to work with the above games.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #850 on: February 04, 2014, 12:47:12 PM »
It's the Humble Sid Meier Bundle!!!

https://www.humblebundle.com/bundle?=sidmeier_bundle

(Humble!? His name is in front of every game he's ever made!)

Pay anything you want and get Civ III and IV Complete, Sid Meier's Ace Patrol, Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies and Sid Meier's Railroads!

Pay above the average (Currently about $6) and they'll throw in Civ V and Gods and Kings. Make it at least $15 and you get the Brave New World DLC as well...

I have all the Civ games, of course, but I might throw in a couple bucks just to make 3 and 4 digital...

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #851 on: February 04, 2014, 03:26:14 PM »
Ooh, I know what I'm getting on payday.

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1193
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #852 on: February 10, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »
Castlevania, Lord of Shadow: Ultimate Edition. $7.49 for about the next 15 hours on Steam.

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1193
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #853 on: February 10, 2014, 06:35:38 PM »

Pay anything you want and get Civ III and IV Complete, Sid Meier's Ace Patrol, Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies and Sid Meier's Railroads!

Pay above the average (Currently about $6) and they'll throw in Civ V and Gods and Kings. Make it at least $15 and you get the Brave New World DLC as well...

I have all the Civ games, of course, but I might throw in a couple bucks just to make 3 and 4 digital...

So I could have gotten Civ V and both expansions for half of what I paid for Brave New World alone. Damn my impatience.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #854 on: February 11, 2014, 03:41:22 PM »

So I could have gotten Civ V and both expansions for half of what I paid for Brave New World alone. Damn my impatience.

Yep. I was on the fence about paying the extra money on the bundle to get Brave New World. Then I checked to see what it was going for on Steam by itself. Yeah, I'm glad I bumped my price over $15.