login

Author Topic: Video Game Bargain Thread  (Read 173685 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: Video Game Bargain Thread
« Reply #795 on: December 08, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
And just because we're here:

This week's Humble Bundle Weekly sale [size=78%]https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly[/size] includes a certain game featuring Torgo at the $1 funding level.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #796 on: December 08, 2013, 06:38:39 PM »
That Manos game is totally worth it. The guy who made it also just released a Angry Video Game Nerd game that is very similar mechanically but is much, much harder.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #797 on: December 12, 2013, 07:15:39 AM »
Want to relive the glory of Fallout 1 & 2, and maybe play some Fallout Tactics?

GOG.com is offering them until Saturday at the low-low price of none dollars.

http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013

Just sign in, claim them, and they're yours forever.

EDIT: And for SOME reason, that's created a little rush on GOG's servers, but I'm sure in a few hours it'll be easy enough to snag them...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:19:01 AM by Pak-Man »

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #798 on: December 12, 2013, 07:29:48 AM »
So Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition is $7.49 on Steam right now until Friday at 10am. While I've always been curious about the PC version and its mods and the DLC included with this that I didn't get for Xbox 360, I have to ask myself how much I'd really play it. Because even though I love that game to death, I've played it so much I don't know if there would be enough newness to really bring me back. I'm soooooo tempted, though.

Also, L.A. Noire is only $4.99. That's one that I've always thought about getting, but never got around to buying for one reason or another. Maybe I should just go for something new. Anyone played this and have any input?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1785
« Reply #799 on: December 12, 2013, 07:34:48 AM »
I'm in the same boat as you. Thought about getting L.A Noir, but need a little more persuasion.

I was also very close to picking up Black Flag, but I have a few other games to finish first and it's not like it will get any more expensive. People here recommend Black Flag though, right? 

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #800 on: December 12, 2013, 10:02:26 AM »
For the next 48 hours, Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are all free at GoG.  http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013

Unless of course, you already have them. Like I do.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:05:25 AM by Compound »

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #801 on: December 12, 2013, 02:50:41 PM »
For the next 48 hours, Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are all free at GoG.  http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013

Also winter sale on GOG

Black Flag is pretty fun, the combat is super dull and easy but there is a ton of just fun stuff to do in the game. One thing that drives me crazy about Assassin Creed games is when they add an "artificial" difficulty to the game. An example would be making you have to follow and eves drop on a character for extremely long periods regularly getting detected for arbitrary reasons and having to re due the mission. I really wish they would just over haul the combat and stealth systems (which are basically unchanged since the first one) incorporating more depth and skill into the challenge.  The ship battles, whaling, exploration and graphics are amazing though, I would recommend it.   

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #802 on: December 12, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »
I considered LA Noire the last time Steam had a fire sale on it, think they were asking $8.99 or something like at one point over the summer. Then I read a bunch of stuff on how it's a crappy port and the PC version has inconsistent performance / crappy controls / not optimized at all... etc etc. Still might take a shot for $5...

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #803 on: December 13, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
I probably sound like a broken record because I hype these games anytime there on sale anywhere. Killing Floor and Rising Storm on the Weekly Humble Bundle, it also has both Zenoclash games, Dwarfs! and Rock of Ages (the only other one I kind of like). You could get Killing Floor for like a buck if you wanted to because it's below the $6 minimum price point. 

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #804 on: December 13, 2013, 11:34:31 PM »
For the Marvel Heroes players, Marvel's thingee on Friday was giving away free codes for Marvel Heroes:

ODINSON - for a free Thor
IM3HRTBREAKER - For an Iron Man costume
RETCON-0813 for a free retcon device

They were supposed to have ended on Friday, but they may still be active. Enter the codes under your profile's "Redeem code" area on Marvelheroes.com

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #805 on: December 14, 2013, 01:28:28 AM »
Here are the two sites I check every day and find 95% of the best deals I find. Bookmark them, check everyday, and enjoy

The first one is from Tek Syndicate, they have a youtube channel I find kind of lame but they do a good job hunting down the best deals and provide coupon codes on top. teksyndicate.com/gamedeals

The other is a site called Indie Kings, they track mostly indie game bundles hence the name Bundle Tracker, it's updated every day with great bundle deals. http://www.indiekings.com/p/bundle-tracker.html

At some time or another I have basically bought keys, or downloads from every distributor these sites reference and they are all secure and safe (there are a lot of phony key vendors out there)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #806 on: December 14, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »

I never got around to buying Fallout Tactics, so this was a cool announcement. Couldn't believe it was totally free without strings! I felt guilty and started looking around for stuff to buy (which I'm sure was the intent of the giveaway) but I either had it or they didn't.

I was going to buy two old favorites of mine from long, long ago called Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain and Imperium Galactica 2: Alliances but they seem to have been removed from gog's catalog.

Pax Imperia was put out by THQ and since they went bankrupt recently and are still liquidating its assets, I can see why this is probably tied up. But why Imperium Galactica 2? Does anyone know a reputable source I can get these from? Amazon carries them but at "collector's prices" (read: overpriced gouging).

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #807 on: December 14, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »
Oh, cool, they have Blood. I played the hell out of that when I was younger even though i got none of the references. like how your first words, as you rise from the grave, are "I live....again!"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:54:37 PM by Space version 2.0 »

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #808 on: December 14, 2013, 09:48:07 PM »

I never got around to buying Fallout Tactics, so this was a cool announcement. Couldn't believe it was totally free without strings! I felt guilty and started looking around for stuff to buy (which I'm sure was the intent of the giveaway) but I either had it or they didn't.

I was going to buy two old favorites of mine from long, long ago called Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain and Imperium Galactica 2: Alliances but they seem to have been removed from gog's catalog.

Pax Imperia was put out by THQ and since they went bankrupt recently and are still liquidating its assets, I can see why this is probably tied up. But why Imperium Galactica 2? Does anyone know a reputable source I can get these from? Amazon carries them but at "collector's prices" (read: overpriced gouging).

IG2 is actually available on the iPad right now. (shrug) That's the only place that offers a download of it right now.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #809 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »
Steam winter sale has begun!