login

Author Topic: Video Game Bargain Thread  (Read 173698 times)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
Re: Video Game Bargain Thread
« Reply #780 on: November 28, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »
Killing Floor for $5 for the next 8 hours, I can't get any friends to play it with me. To be fair it is one of those love it or hate it kind of games.

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #781 on: November 28, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »
Just jumped on Bioshock Infinite for $20 via the Steam sale... Mainly because I didn't want my family to get it for x-mas on a console. Can't stand using the damn controller for FPS... it's like masturbating with both hands tied behind your back, sure you can do it... but it isn't nearly as enjoyable.

I'd be surprised if that didn't go lower before the end. My rule for Steam sales is to never buy anything that's not a daily or flash deal until the last day of the sale. It's risk free because all of the passive discounts last until the end of the sale, so if it never goes on flash sale or daily sale you can still get it for that price.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #782 on: November 28, 2013, 06:07:57 PM »
Yea, that is good advice... but I'm off work for the next three days and the wife will be spending at least two of those shopping... So I'll probably be done with the thing before the end of the sale and will have picked up another title.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #783 on: November 28, 2013, 09:30:30 PM »
Is it just me? or are these Steam deals less awesome than the summer ones? Lower quality titles for higher prices. Skyrim and Sleeping Dogs looked good but Skyrim really should be cheaper by now and Sleeping Dogs is always on sale.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #784 on: November 28, 2013, 11:06:03 PM »
Less variety....or maybe I just HAVE everything that interests me. But the prices seem good. I picked up Skyrim Legendary Edition for $20. That's not bad.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #785 on: November 28, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »
I'm debating getting that but I've already bought it twice for each console, not to mention two copies of Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas for a console and PC. Now that I think about it those bastards got me to buy everyone of their games twice since Oblivion. I was even considering buying that box set that came out recently. I guess Bethesda and Obsidian have a golden key to my wallet. 

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #786 on: November 29, 2013, 02:35:47 AM »
Oh, thank gawd I'm not the only one who did that! Same games, too.

Back when they came out, I just didn't have a PC that could run these games well, and well....I had an Xbox.

Now I have a gaming computer and I see them for sale and go "Hmmm, well...it's such a good deal....plus, I can mod it!"
/install nudity mod.

Never DID finish Skyrim and I always kind of regretted not making an Argonian thief. So now I am.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1785
« Reply #787 on: November 29, 2013, 05:42:30 AM »
Battlefield 4 was half off on origin. And Deadspace 3 was only $12. Games that I'm not super jazzed for, but interested enough to get them on sale. I enjoy the Deadspace universe and want to be able to say whether the last one ruined the series or was just mediocre. And everyone is using Battlefield 4 as a benchmark for graphics cards, so I want to see how my new monitor and card will hold up this Christmas.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #788 on: November 29, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »
Saint's Row IV is $19.99 on the Steam sale Daily Deal right now. Or you can get it from Amazon for $14.99. Shop around folks.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #789 on: November 29, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »
Just jumped on Bioshock Infinite for $20 via the Steam sale... Mainly because I didn't want my family to get it for x-mas on a console. Can't stand using the damn controller for FPS... it's like masturbating with both hands tied behind your back, sure you can do it... but it isn't nearly as enjoyable.

I'd be surprised if that didn't go lower before the end. My rule for Steam sales is to never buy anything that's not a daily or flash deal until the last day of the sale. It's risk free because all of the passive discounts last until the end of the sale, so if it never goes on flash sale or daily sale you can still get it for that price.

dammit... the very next day Infinite drops to $10... figured it would be at least 2-3 days for another drop!

Oh well, got a couple of hours into it already this morning... so there's that I guess.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #790 on: November 29, 2013, 11:33:59 AM »
WHY!? WHY DO I HAVE NO MONEY?!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #791 on: November 29, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »
Just an FYI, for folks looking for the XBox One, keep an eye out on ebay. No, not the people trying to sell them for $1000. But the Microsoft Store has an ebay outlet and a few hours ago, they offered another 750 Day One editions for the retail price (and free shipping.) Might want to check again over the weekend and on Monday to see if any more get released.

Offline d00hickey

« Reply #792 on: November 29, 2013, 03:20:35 PM »
Just an FYI, for folks looking for the XBox One, keep an eye out on ebay. No, not the people trying to sell them for $1000. But the Microsoft Store has an ebay outlet and a few hours ago, they offered another 750 Day One editions for the retail price (and free shipping.) Might want to check again over the weekend and on Monday to see if any more get released.

My brother in law is making a killing selling them on ebay. I think he sad most of them were selling in the $700-$800 range.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #793 on: November 29, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »

My brother in law is making a killing selling them on ebay. I think he sad most of them were selling in the $700-$800 range.

It makes me smile that he is making money off of idiots with too much disposable income.  ;)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #794 on: December 07, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »
Another FYI- Tomorrow's Best Buy ad is promoting that they will have Xbox Ones and PS4s in stock, albeit in limited quantities.