Author Topic: Video Game Bargain Thread  (Read 173709 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: Video Game Bargain Thread
« Reply #720 on: August 15, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »
FYI: Microsoft has been adding free games to their XBL Gold subscribers. This is been going on for a few months now.  Well, today is the last day to pick up Crackdown, which is one of the great little gems in the 360 catalog.  Get it!

(Tomorrow you get Dead Rising 2 and Case West, which is also well worth the download.)

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #721 on: August 17, 2013, 12:20:53 AM »
FYI: Microsoft has been adding free games to their XBL Gold subscribers. This is been going on for a few months now.  Well, today is the last day to pick up Crackdown, which is one of the great little gems in the 360 catalog.  Get it!

(Tomorrow you get Dead Rising 2 and Case West, which is also well worth the download.)

Yeah, I've been taking advantage of these free XBL games since so far, other than The Walking Dead, they've all been titles I've meant to play, but never got around to. Still downloaded TWD anyway, since I figure I'll want to play it again eventually. Assassins Creed 2 was great and Crackdown is a blast, but I haven't beat it yet. I'm downloading DR2, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it on my hard drive or not. I bought it a while back, but couldn't get into it because of the time limits on everything. So I sold it online for more than I paid for it (I got a crazy deal on it) and came out ahead. I suppose I'll give it another shot for free, though.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #722 on: August 28, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »
Ow. I hope no one bought The Bureau: XCom Declassified.

No, not because it's bad. (Most reviews are lukewarm.) But because starting Sunday, Best Buy has it on sale for $30 for PC and $40 for the console versions. A $20 off sale a few weeks after release is rather painful to see for those who paid full price for it.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1785
« Reply #723 on: August 28, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
Ow. I hope no one bought The Bureau: XCom Declassified.

No, not because it's bad. (Most reviews are lukewarm.) But because starting Sunday, Best Buy has it on sale for $30 for PC and $40 for the console versions. A $20 off sale a few weeks after release is rather painful to see for those who paid full price for it.

Especially since statistically those who payed full price were not very happy with the game

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #724 on: August 29, 2013, 12:19:04 PM »
Attention strategy fans! Paradox is doing a Humble weekly sale:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pay what you want for:

Europa Universalis III Complete
War of the Roses: Kingmaker
Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Leviathan: Warships
Dungeonland
The Showdown Effect

Beat the average ($5.80 right now) and get Crusader Kings II and Magicka

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #725 on: August 29, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
And on a related note, why didn't Paradox TELL ME that Warlock: Master of the Arcane was set in the Majesty universe!? Just any clue at all in the title? I would have bought this thing a year ago!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #726 on: September 03, 2013, 10:31:30 PM »
Civ V: Brave New World is $15 at Amazon right now. Might want tot pick that up if you're a Civ fan and haven't gotten it yet.

Yes, it activates on Steam

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #727 on: September 04, 2013, 07:39:15 AM »
Ooh. I am that Civ fan. Now to remember to pick it up tonight..

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #728 on: September 06, 2013, 11:48:55 AM »
If you want a free game rental from Redbox, text "SAINTS" to 727272. They'll send you a promo code. I actually used it as intended for Saints Row IV because I didn't finish it the last time I rented it and I doubt I will this time, either. But it'll be nice to get back into the wackiness.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #729 on: September 11, 2013, 11:52:58 AM »
Humble Indie Bundle Time!

Pay what you want for Trine 2, Mark of the Ninja, Eets Munchies, and Brutal Legend. Beat the average and get FTL and FEZ!

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #730 on: September 11, 2013, 08:37:03 PM »
Humble Indie Bundle Time!

Pay what you want for Trine 2, Mark of the Ninja, Eets Munchies, and Brutal Legend. Beat the average and get FTL and FEZ!

Really good bundle, as usual, and they're promising more games later for people who beat the average.  Only game I already had on Steam is FTL.  Really happy about Mark of the Ninja and Fez.  I own them both on XBLA but I'd rather have them on Steam.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #731 on: September 14, 2013, 02:15:59 PM »
I have two Steam codes: one for Brutal Legend, and one for FTL. If you want one, pm me and I'll send it your way.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #732 on: September 17, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »
Two things:

1) Until the end of the day, the Gat pack is free to download for SR IV on Steam.

2) For the GTA fans, if they have any available, Toys R Us is offering a $10 gift card and a free Rockstar game along with a GTA V purchase. While supplies last.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #733 on: September 17, 2013, 07:54:39 PM »
The newest Tomb Raider, Hitman and Sleeping Dogs for  $13.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3EFMKQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00F3EFMKQ&linkCode=as2&tag=indkin-20

I have all three already and they are all GREAT!, this is a truly good deal and will likely sell out soon.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #734 on: September 22, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »
It's only up for two more days but http://www.indiegala.com/ has all of Tripwire's best games. Red Orchestra 2 GOTY (with Rising Storm multiplayer), Red Orchestra: Osfront 41-45 and, my personal favorite, The Killing Floor with all DLC. All of these games are critically acclaimed and very active online. In order to get all the games you have to pay the minimum of $7.85. These are some of my favorite games ever made and the price is ridiculous, not to mention it's for a good cause. You can choose to have 100% of your purchase price to go to Able Gamers which is a charity dedicated to making video games accessible to handicapped children.
Modify message