Author Topic: Video Game Bargain Thread  (Read 173527 times)

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
Re: Video Game Bargain Thread
« Reply #675 on: May 19, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »
I bought it, even though by the time I finally play the first two it'll probably be $20.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #676 on: May 19, 2013, 05:46:16 PM »
I bought it too. Thanks for the heads up.  :)

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #677 on: May 19, 2013, 05:51:25 PM »
Hopefully the DLC will be cheaper by the time I get around to it. Or Steam just has a special sale.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1178
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #678 on: May 30, 2013, 03:49:33 PM »
DMC:Devil May Cry currently 40% off on Steam (through June 3rd). Still trying to decide whether to try it.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #679 on: May 30, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
EA ditches online passes!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124481-EA-Ditches-Online-Pass-Fees-For-Select-Xbox-360-Titles-UPDATE

https://help.ea.com/article/online-pass-has-been-discontinued

The Stone Prisoner, here I come!

(Personal) UDPDATE: Just saw that Kingdoms of Amalur is $20 on XBL games on demand. Which means that without an online pass, you get the full game for a lot less than the $40 it sells for used at GameStop.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:41:36 PM by MSTJedi »

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #680 on: May 30, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »
For anyone who hasn't played The Walking Dead game from Telltale, now is the time to get it through the Humble Bundle Weekly Sale: http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Just pay more than the average (right now it's $4.11) and you'll unlock the game, as well as many others. Here's an article I wrote on it if anyone's concerned about a Walking Dead game. It's one of the finest video games I've ever played, and it truly moved me in a way that few movies, television shows or games do: http://evantvmoviegames.tumblr.com/post/40100793575/thewalkingdeadgame
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #681 on: May 30, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »
For anyone who hasn't played The Walking Dead game from Telltale, now is the time to get it through the Humble Bundle Weekly Sale: http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Just pay more than the average (right now it's $4.11) and you'll unlock the game, as well as many others. Here's an article I wrote on it if anyone's concerned about a Walking Dead game. It's one of the finest video games I've ever played, and it truly moved me in a way that few movies, television shows or games do: http://evantvmoviegames.tumblr.com/post/40100793575/thewalkingdeadgame

Ooh, I'll second that recommendation for The Walking Dead. Definitely worth $5. Especially if you happen to like point-and-click adventure games with the other titles offered (and don't already have them).

Offline NashaWriter

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 276
  • Watch what you say MONKEY BOY!
« Reply #682 on: June 02, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »
Found out a game, Expeditions: Conquistador, is on sale at Steam. I was wondering if anyone else owned it and what their review of it is. I love games like Civilization and this seems right up that alley.
No Matter Where you go, there you are.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #683 on: June 02, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »
Found out a game, Expeditions: Conquistador, is on sale at Steam. I was wondering if anyone else owned it and what their review of it is. I love games like Civilization and this seems right up that alley.

I'm a Civ 5 fanatic too. Why have we never gone to war....er...formed an alliance?

Offline NashaWriter

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 276
  • Watch what you say MONKEY BOY!
« Reply #684 on: June 04, 2013, 08:06:13 AM »

I'm a Civ 5 fanatic too. Why have we never gone to war....er...formed an alliance?

Because the moment I can build Giant Death Robots.....eeeerrybody gonna die.
No Matter Where you go, there you are.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1007
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #685 on: June 07, 2013, 10:51:25 AM »
It's a free Civ V weekend on Steam! For the 2 people here who don't own it, now's your chance to play it! (Saints Row 3 is also free this weekend too.)

In other news, Amazon just opened their Indie Games shop, with lots of deals and discounts on smaller titles and a number of games that aren't on Steam. But, since folks have an irrational belief that "all my games must be on Steam", here's the standout deal for you.  The Oh so Fine and Dandy bundle for $9.99, which includes Costume Quest, The Cave, Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, Stacking, and Iron Brigade. Given that both Brutal Legend and The Cave cost more than that , you might want to jump on this deal.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
    • Facebook
« Reply #686 on: June 07, 2013, 12:13:17 PM »

Ooh, I'll second that recommendation for The Walking Dead. Definitely worth $5. Especially if you happen to like point-and-click adventure games with the other titles offered (and don't already have them).

And now it's free for XBL Gold members. Even though I've played it already, I snagged it for an eventual replay.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1178
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #687 on: June 07, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »
I already own Psychonauts and Brutal Legend, but I'll go ahead and buy Oh so Fine and Dandy anyway. I've heard The Cave is good, and y'know, Double Fine can do (almost) no wrong.

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #688 on: June 08, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »
I have a Hotline Miami code to giveaway. It's a super fun game. I'm going to say the first person to ask for it with an account older than three months (just to avoid scammers).

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #689 on: June 08, 2013, 01:24:17 PM »
A steam code?  Been interested in that game for a while, but I was waiting for another sale.  I'd be very grateful if no one has snatched it already.