Author Topic: Video Game Bargain Thread  (Read 172462 times)

Offline Cupcake

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1080
  • Rebranded from Lesbunny
Re: Video Game Bargain Thread
« Reply #1275 on: December 22, 2019, 08:22:10 PM »
As I understand it, Monster Hunter is basically "Go kill this monster. Now use it's body to make better gear. Use better gear to kill bigger monster. Repeat steps 2-3 forever."

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5344
« Reply #1276 on: December 22, 2019, 08:24:12 PM »
It's basically MMO Dungeon Bosses: The Game.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1098
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #1277 on: December 24, 2019, 06:21:34 PM »
Those are both pretty accurate assessments. MHW is great game to play 30-60 minutes at a time. The game is almost entirely mission based. You can just go out and dick around, but rarely any reason why you wouldThere's very little in the way of plot, but a crap load in the way of gameplay. Seriously, it can be overwhelming. The biggest difference between World and previous MH games is that the environment plays a much larger role. The monsters interact with their surroundings, and with each other. This makes the world feel much more alive and fleshed out.

I put MHW on hiatus so I could play Sekiro. I'm planning to pick it up again once Iceborne gets released for PC. 

Offline CJones

« Reply #1278 on: December 24, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »
If you're a fan of Supergiant (makers of Bastion and Transistor), now would be a good time to buy their most recent game: Hades. Not only is it on sale on Steam, but through Jan 3 it comes with a free copy of Pyre. Hades is their take on the Roguelite genre. If there's one genre I'm a sucker for it's Roguelite/likes.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #1279 on: December 24, 2019, 08:20:28 PM »
If you're a fan of Supergiant (makers of Bastion and Transistor), now would be a good time to buy their most recent game: Hades. Not only is it on sale on Steam, but through Jan 3 it comes with a free copy of Pyre. Hades is their take on the Roguelite genre. If there's one genre I'm a sucker for it's Roguelite/likes.

Yeahhh that does it.  Going to pick it up.  Glad it's finally on steam.

Also going to pick up The Surge 2... it's cheap... don't judge me.  Probably never going to finish it. 

Now I'm just trying to decide if I should get Indivisible on Switch or PC...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 08:25:09 PM by Variety of Cells »

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 206
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #1280 on: February 19, 2020, 12:05:33 PM »

I'm waiting until the game comes out of early access to arrive on GOG.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1782
« Reply #1281 on: February 19, 2020, 09:03:09 PM »

I'm waiting until the game comes out of early access to arrive on GOG.

Having a lot of fun with it. Definitely pick it up when it does.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3056
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1282 on: February 28, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »
Shadow of the Tomb Raider bundle is on sale on Steam for $20 this weekend.

I had installed the demo so I could see what ray tracing looked like when I upgraded my PC, now I guess I'll be playing the full game eventually.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3858
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1283 on: March 18, 2020, 10:42:19 AM »
All of the available Final Fantasy games and Octopath Traveler are 50% off on Switch, so if anyone's looking for a good way to kill a whole lotta time while staying indoors, you could do a whole lot worse.

If you want recommendations, Octopath is wonderful, of course, and I have a special fondness for the back-to-its-roots FFIX, and nobody gives enough credit to FFXII.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3858
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1284 on: April 01, 2020, 09:22:40 AM »
Back catalog starting to look thin? Of course not! But if you want it to be even bigger, Humble Bundle has this little gem:

https://www.humblebundle.com/conquer-covid19-bundle

$30 for a bunch of top-notch games. Profits go to stop COVID, so it's a win-win.

Offline CJones

« Reply #1285 on: April 01, 2020, 03:07:59 PM »
Back catalog starting to look thin? Of course not! But if you want it to be even bigger, Humble Bundle has this little gem:

https://www.humblebundle.com/conquer-covid19-bundle

$30 for a bunch of top-notch games. Profits go to stop COVID, so it's a win-win.

Lot of really good games on there. I already own about half of them, but I'll probably still pick this up, if for no other reason than to support the charity.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 380
« Reply #1286 on: April 16, 2020, 08:17:50 PM »
Had no interest in the Playstation Classic when it came out due to cost at the time ($99.99) and not really wanting to revisit most of the 20 games that were included. But cost has dropped by half and hackers have figured how to add more games and I needed to tell the wife what I wanted for my birthday or else she would have overspent on something I didn't want, so have a Playstation Classic arriving soon. That got me looking at specs. 1 GB of ram on the Classic doesn't seem like a lot, but original Playstation had 16 Mbit of ram
 Hard to wrap my head around 16 Mbit.

Offline Charles Castle

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 977
  • Are you now, or have you ever been, a Ford owner?
« Reply #1287 on: April 17, 2020, 02:26:42 AM »
Sony is giving away Uncharted: the Nathan Drake Collection and the PS4 version of Journey until May 5 if any of that floats your boat. No PlayStation Plus required.

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/sony-is-encouraging-social-distancing-by-gifting-two-free-ps4-games
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline CJones

« Reply #1288 on: August 22, 2020, 10:14:12 AM »
Titanfall 2 is one sale on Steam again, for $10. This is a fantastic game that I can't recommend enough. I don't usually go in for multiplayer games, but this is the exception. The campaign, while short (8-10 hours), is also really well done.