Author Topic: Question about twice riffed VOD movies  (Read 1565 times)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
Question about twice riffed VOD movies
« on: March 24, 2009, 07:12:25 AM »
Okay, so I never bought the original Missile To The Moon riff.  And I don't have a copy of that shitty movie so in those cases I prefer to go the VOD route because I can just download the whole thing and it's already presynced.  So here's my question:

If I wanted BOTH versions of a twice riffed movie on VOD, do I have to pay the extra 6 bucks to buy the movie twice, or is there a way to pay for both riffs, buy the movie once, and then download both versions?  Since we're getting more and more twice riffed movies this is starting to come up more so I was just wondering.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked:
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: Question about twice riffed VOD movies
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 10:01:55 AM »
Easiest way for that particular case is probably to get the DVD cheap, and then buy the new three-man riff.

And by the way, we've already passed the end of the "more and more twice riffed movies"... Carnival (or was it Swing Parade) was the last of them. It's all new-ish stuff from here on out.

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »
Remember though that Missle to the Moon doesn't have any commentary on the disc itself while all the other twice riffed movies will have the Mike Solo commentary built in.  For Missle you'd have to buy the DVD and two tracks if you wanted them both, as opposed to Swing Parade, for example, where you could buy the disc and one track and be covered.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:51:50 PM »
Cool, thanks guys!
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked:
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:55:36 PM »
Ah yeah, I missed the part about you wanting "both" ... sorry :/  But yeah what that other guy said.