login

Author Topic: Goodbye Studio DVDs, Hello Live DVDs?  (Read 26983 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2400
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Goodbye Studio DVDs, Hello Live DVDs?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 09:48:34 AM »
Since there has not been a new DVD since March or a Blog update on their site since May, I guess seeing them live is the only way we will ever see them.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2948
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 10:30:21 AM »
Since there has not been a new DVD since March or a Blog update on their site since May, I guess seeing them live is the only way we will ever see them.
Then they've lost my business >:(

RiffTrax! FULL THROTTLE!! 8)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 922
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »

The hell??  I reserve space on my DVD shelf for 'em and then they just ditch me like this.....  am I not important enough?!?!  Where's the love for the Beef?!   :'(
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »

The hell??  I reserve space on my DVD shelf for 'em and then they just ditch me like this.....  am I not important enough?!?!  Where's the love for the Beef?!   :'(
That's alright..
They'll just be relocated to my Misc. shelf with The Film Crew, and various iRiffs, and that'll give me that much more space for all future RiffTrax's 8)

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 12:04:33 PM »

That's alright..
They'll just be relocated to my Misc. shelf with The Film Crew, and various iRiffs, and that'll give me that much more space for all future RiffTrax's 8)

I'm sure it's an honor just to be in your Misc shelf.  That should be enough.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 12:08:58 PM »

That's alright..

I'll bump yours up in priority when I start the rearranging ;D

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 12:11:54 PM »

That's alright..

:o  My cold bloodthirsty heart swells with pride or just more evil....hmmm.....I better eat some cheerios to keep that in check.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »

That's alright..

:o  My cold bloodthirsty heart swells with pride or just more evil....hmmm.....I better eat some cheerios to keep that in check.
Could be a.. Tremor :rimshot:  :speechless:

Offline BeautifulMind

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 12:26:42 PM »
Honestly I think it is gonna turn out to be too much work to do both live shows and studio DVDs. I really wonder even if they did live DVDs, would they have time to distribute them. I think if it comes down to having to choose, they are gonna choose live.
Contest winning limerick on the subject of my choosingBy Bill Corbett

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 12:35:50 PM »
Honestly I think it is gonna turn out to be too much work to do both live shows and studio DVDs. I really wonder even if they did live DVDs, would they have time to distribute them. I think if it comes down to having to choose, they are gonna choose live.
Well business is business, and I'll be taken my business elsewhere >:(
Since they don't plan on coming out to my locale for any live shows, and they seem to no longer provide a means for their product to come to me (via DVD), then RiffTrax is the True Masters of Movie Riffing in my book!! 8)

EDIT: I browsed the CT forums for any little bit of info and all I could find was a post from last week about J. Elvis  saying a New DVD would be released soon.. No specific date or time frame.. We'll see  :-\
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:52:49 PM by RVR II »

Offline BeautifulMind

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 01:21:20 PM »
Well there are three shows recorded as far as we know.  So something is definitely coming! It's just a matter of when.
Contest winning limerick on the subject of my choosingBy Bill Corbett

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »
Well there are three shows recorded as far as we know.  So something is definitely coming! It's just a matter of when.
Well the sooner, the better cause it's been too long already..

Offline dlobro1080

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Actually Joel just posted a new blog -- it looks like no more DVDs.  The previously announced 3 have been canned.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2104
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 09:10:20 PM »
Fucking LAME.

There is this though:

...and they will be representing Cinematic Titanic for theatrical gigs as well as bringing our live shows to various media too.

But still, this really sucks.
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4952
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2009, 09:19:42 PM »

They're probably wondering where you are.