Author Topic: QuipTracks: The Happening - NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 13196 times)

Offline N.E.S. TOR

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Oh yeah, it's on!
Re: QuipTracks: The Happening - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »
A donate button is a great idea.
Nestor vs. Ollie picture created and copyright "Trumpysgirl"

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2008, 10:14:35 PM »
Darth Geek: We took your words to heart and bought a copy of Hulk this evening.

Re: a donate button: I guess we could put one up, or you could just buy the other tracks. Lady in the Water will definitely remain free though. We want to keep those first two as big samples because while a minute-long clip might be enough for a riff fan to judge by, syncing a riff seems like a big deal for the un-initiated and they might be hesitant to spend money trying it out. On that note, the best donation for those tracks you could give us would be a review on our website  ;D. I know the review system is weird (and I'm not sure we can easily fix it...) but the more user testimonials we have, the more likely newbies will be willing to try it out.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2008, 09:09:20 AM »
Darth Geek: We took your words to heart and bought a copy of Hulk this evening.

Awesome! Can I submit jokes?

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2008, 03:57:16 PM »
If I remember right, when I was at your site to pick up the free "Jurassic Park" riff, the account-creation process said something about how you weren't setup to accept charges from my location (or some words along those lines).  What's the chances that this [The Happening] would be available as an iRiff?

That shouldn't happen... how long ago did you try that?

A-hah, in revisiting the site I see where the problem pops up.  If I pick a free Quiptrack (in this case, "Lady in the Water"), then when I go through the checkout process I'm told:  "Sorry, we are not accepting payments from your region at this time.  Please contact us for alternate arrangements."  So apparently that's side-effect of having nothing that I need to pay for, but when I saw the message I assumed it was not possible for me to buy from the site.

In any case, all's well for me.  Just thought I'd mention what seems to produce that confusing message, in case other visitors to your site are thrown off by it the way I was.

I just got around to trying this and it does the same thing for me. I hope we haven't lost any customers due to this... Anyway, thanks for the tip.

@Darth Geek: I wouldn't get my hopes up. We're trying to figure out the best way to go about handling outside writing and guest riffers right now and the prevailing school of thought is basically that it should be avoided. I have a more liberal stance, but it's not entirely up to me. I can say that you'd have to accept working for a free track, but that's standard community-riff fare so you were probably expecting that. You'd also have to sign a contract. I don't know... There'll be a few months probably before it comes out, but the way things stand now, it doesn't seem likely.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 142
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »
Here's my cover. You might have to look pretty closely to find a couple of things I added. Hint... look for a top hat and banana peels.

Standard | Thinpak | Disc Label

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2009, 09:39:48 PM »
Too me forever to find the tophat....   :D

Invader_quirk

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2009, 09:40:40 PM »
Nice! Love what you did! I am wishing we could give you more to work with, but I really like the creative alternatives to the riffer-heads-on-bodies thing.

I've been thinking about modding Mr McQ for each release. For example, give him a Van Helsing hat, put a knife in his eye for The Happening, sharp teeth for Jurassic Park, etc.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2009, 09:47:07 PM »
Nice! Love what you did! I am wishing we could give you more to work with, but I really like the creative alternatives to the riffer-heads-on-bodies thing.

I've been thinking about modding Mr McQ for each release. For example, give him a Van Helsing hat, put a knife in his eye for The Happening, sharp teeth for Jurassic Park, etc.

That would be a really cool idea...

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2009, 06:36:46 AM »
That's an awesome cover! I never did find the top hat though... Unless you were sneakily referring to the one on Frankenstein's monster on the Van Helsing cover

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2009, 06:50:53 AM »
That's an awesome cover! I never did find the top hat though... Unless you were sneakily referring to the one on Frankenstein's monster on the Van Helsing cover

Nope, the tophat is on this cover......... somewhere.................

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »

Nope, the tophat is on this cover......... somewhere.................

ya it's there. If you look at the disc label it should be really obvious.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2009, 06:20:37 AM »
Ah! I see it! Pretty sneaky...