login

Author Topic: The Beavis and Butthead Thread.. They're Back!! Cool! HUH HUH!!  (Read 28858 times)

Doctor Who?

Re: Beavis and Butt-Head to return?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 11:38:06 AM »
I have a DvD recorder that has a hard drive.  I record onto the hard drive,edit out all the adds,and then burn the shows onto DvD.

I have a sort of love hate thing with B&B,half of the stuff I think is funny,the other half I can't stand.  On the other hand King of the Hill is one of my favorite shows ever so who knows if this will be something I will like.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
I don't mind B&B but at least this time around there are way better ways to record these shows now. I never really watched the old show for the plots. Usually just the riffing on the videos. Which of course due to the outlandish licensing costs you only get a handful of videos on the various releases.

I'm glad I have the 'King Turd' bootleg 16 disc collection which includes all the music videos..

I need to figure out how to record them straight to DVD but I can still go the old-school rout and record them on VHS then just capture them in Pinnacle Studio and edit out the commercials before burning them to DVD 8)

Really.................

* mischievious gleem in his eye *

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 11:41:26 AM »
Woot. Thanks for the heads up on the King Turd. There is a post on USENET of that bootleg set in the Xvid format. I can play them on my PS3 or WDTV. 
Not a problem 8)
I backed up the entire 16 disc collection on my laptop for when I'm on the plane to Mexico and for while I'm bored there :D

I don't mind B&B but at least this time around there are way better ways to record these shows now. I never really watched the old show for the plots. Usually just the riffing on the videos. Which of course due to the outlandish licensing costs you only get a handful of videos on the various releases.

I'm glad I have the 'King Turd' bootleg 16 disc collection which includes all the music videos..

I need to figure out how to record them straight to DVD but I can still go the old-school rout and record them on VHS then just capture them in Pinnacle Studio and edit out the commercials before burning them to DVD 8)

Really.................

* mischievious gleem in his eye *
>:D >:D

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »
A question about the King turd boots.... Are the early episodes uncut or are they the later censored (fire jokes etc) versions?

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »
A question about the King turd boots.... Are the early episodes uncut or are they the later censored (fire jokes etc) versions?

These are all uncut episodes - Nothing censored; Several I had never seen before (probably because they were banned by MTV for obvious reasons - drug use type stuff) 8)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
Re: The Beavis and Butthead Thread.. They're Back!! Cool! HUH HUH!!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »
I have downloaded about 17gb so far. These are pretty awesome. The quality varies but they are all watchable!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 03:48:39 AM »
I have downloaded about 17gb so far. These are pretty awesome. The quality varies but they are all watchable!
Oh yeah.. The quality is all VHS since these are all bootleg copies so unless someone goes through and personally remasters them to DVD quality, this it the best that's available..

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator

spaceforarent

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 07:25:54 PM »
That Jersey Shore part was hilarious! I hope that's a regular thing for the new episodes, making fun of the other MTV shows.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »
That Jersey Shore part was hilarious! I hope that's a regular thing for the new episodes, making fun of the other MTV shows.

What else would it be? MTV doesn't show music videos anymore.... I just hope that whatever they riff on the DVD rights are included.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
:D :D :D
CAN'T WAIT!!

Russell

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
Beavis and Butthead, like many animated characters seem to suffer from what I like to
call ALS, or Age-Less Syndrome. The problem is while their characters don't appear
to have aged in 20 years, their voices... sound like they have aged. I wonder why that
is.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 11:54:44 AM »
Beavis and Butthead, like many animated characters seem to suffer from what I like to
call ALS, or Age-Less Syndrome. The problem is while their characters don't appear
to have aged in 20 years, their voices... sound like they have aged. I wonder why that
is.
Yeah, Beavis's voice has a noticeable change to it as Mike Judge said in the past that it hurt his throat to make more so than Buttheads..

Russell

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
Yeah, Beavis's voice has a noticeable change to it as Mike Judge said in the past that it hurt his throat to make more so than Buttheads..
Doesn't Mike ever use software to alter the voice? I mean they do the same thing on South
Park all the time.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 12:28:01 PM »
Doesn't Mike ever use software to alter the voice? I mean they do the same thing on South Park all the time.
Not back then.. That was all him