login

Author Topic: Riffable Games  (Read 11424 times)

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
Re: Riffable Games
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 12:17:03 AM »
sewer shark had class.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 12:40:41 AM »
sewer shark rules.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 12:49:31 AM »
what about phil hartmans game?  I think it was called blasto or something. 

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3934
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
Ah yes. The game that got taken off shelves because of unfortunate shot-to-the-head jokes. :^)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »
Pa-Rappa the Rapper (?spelling?)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »
In the rain or in the snow
I got the funky flow
But now
I really have to go!

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 11:33:04 AM »
don't get cocky... it's gonna get rocky...

kick, punch it's all in the mind...

or something like that. God I loved that silly game when I first got my PS1 so many moons ago.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 11:41:21 AM »
You gotta do what?
You gotta BELIEVE!

I'm a HUGE Parappa fan. The series had a strange brand of trippiness that no other game has ever quite touched. I even dig Um Jammer Lammy. :^)

Did I eat my drink?
I thought Milk was pink!

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 02:02:17 PM »
SQUAAAWK!  Red Dawn!  Red Dawn!  SQUAAAWK!
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 01:22:13 PM »
It's a pity we can't sync a Rifftrax into video games because some of them have cinematics with such bizarre translation they beg to be made fun of. So what games do you think would make the best Rifftrax if it were possible?

My short list:

Resident Evil 1 (The original version.)
Shenmue (1 or 2.)
House of the Dead 2!

Ok, if we're looking at some of these rougher Capcom games, the resident evils (esp. the original 1 and 2) had some very, VERY cheesy characteristics. But they were embarking on new territory as far as video games went back in 1995. However, more recent entries, such as Onimusha 2, are b-movie archetypes..

Offline Winterkid

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »
Not a mention of Daikatana? All I can ever think of is the Laziest Men on Mars tune.

The biggest hyped, empty delivery of all 3D FPS time...  Daikatana was the unspoken flop in the making.  Way overbudget, way overdelayed and when the smoke cleared, you had the same stuff you could get in many other games of much better quality.  Very little was original, and considering the hype, people expected a hell of a lot more.

My great choice for a game riff would be either a story-driven game, like Omikron (One of my favorites) or Sanitarium.  OR, a recorded game like a recorded Quake II game or Tron 2.0.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 02:05:43 AM »
to riff a game im personally thinking something more modernwith voice acting preferably, quite frankly i would say ff12 but its too long to riff the whole thing. 

ive seen people riff RTS before.  In fact i have one of warcraft the frozen throne with one guy who has his own blog were he riffs different matches.  the one i saw was pretty funny. the oppenent build town hall in the center of his oppenents base before his oppenent even saw it he teleported his whole army straight to it.  it was mostly seige weapons so that obliterated the the town.  The riffs were ok, but lacked any real wit which is why i havent downloaded any others.

Offline Swish

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
  • Like, whoa, n'stuff.
    • My Nerdy Pretentious Myspace Blog
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 06:09:48 AM »
Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit!

The most overrated, pretentious, badly written, badly directed and badly performed game bad-film-that-you-sort-of-do-a-bit ever made!

In no particular order:

• It was the Mayans
  • All the tramps and homeless people of the world are in fact an underground anti-Mayan resistance movement that know all. No, really.
  • Lucas is confused by the fact he can see into the future, then we flash back to his childhood where he has exactly the same abilities.
  • "We, the Artificial Intelligences..." ... have been introduced into the plot about 5 minutes before the end.
Writer and Composer of "Biohazard! ~ The Resident Evil Musical"

Offline macleod

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 10:17:33 AM »
Now that I think about it, some of those mid-90's Lucasarts games were pretty awful, with most being terrible spin-offs of major franchises, like Star Wars and Indiana Jones...

Offline Dr.Impossible

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 10:28:49 AM »
Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit!

The most overrated, pretentious, badly written, badly directed and badly performed game bad-film-that-you-sort-of-do-a-bit ever made!

In no particular order:

• It was the Mayans
  • All the tramps and homeless people of the world are in fact an underground anti-Mayan resistance movement that know all. No, really.
  • Lucas is confused by the fact he can see into the future, then we flash back to his childhood where he has exactly the same abilities.
  • "We, the Artificial Intelligences..." ... have been introduced into the plot about 5 minutes before the end.
I really liked this game, actually, but the plot COMPLETELY goes to shit around the 3rd act. This is because the game was initially supposed to have its plot stretched out into a series, but the powers-that-be made them cram it all into one game at the last minute.
You can't spell manslaughter without laughter.