Author Topic: Heroic DVD Menus.  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Heroic DVD Menus.
« on: March 07, 2009, 08:12:42 AM »
This one was kinda tricky.  I wanted to have episode selections like I did with Grey's Anatomy and Lost, but I authored those differently.  When I authored those, the two episodes had been separated into separate VTS's that could be demultiplexed separately.  So I had two sets of AC3 files for sound and 2 M2V files for video, and there were two movies in DVD lab.  The menu for episode one and episode two each linked to a different movie.  The Play All feature linked to a playlist that played both movies in succession.

This time it was reversed.  I had authored both episodes of heroes into one VTS, so I only got one set of AC3 audio tracks and one M2V file when I demultiplexed.  So there was one movie in the DVD Lab project.  The Play All feature linked directly to that movie.  To allow an episode selection, I had to use the chapter play list feature.  So if you select episode one, that links to a chapter play list that only plays chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4; if you select episode two, that links to a chapter list that plays chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8.

I'm sure you all find that technical jargon absolutely fascinating.  I put in a screenshot of the DVD Lab Connections screen here too.

Main Menu.
Episode One Main Menu
Episode Two Main Menu
Menu Music, Heroes by David Bowie.

Connections screen.