login

Author Topic: What's the worst movie TITLE ever?  (Read 17026 times)

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
Re: What's the worst movie TITLE ever?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 11:33:56 PM »
Not a movie, but I have to say that "House, M.D." is a truly stupid name for a TV show. Also, my roomate thinks it's really clever to complain about not seeing enough of Grey's anatomy, on "Grey's Anatomy," har har. I think it's really clever to hit him every time he says that.

Patton Oswalt has a bit about non-commital movie titles. "I don't want to see Feelin' Kinda Sorta. That doesn't tell me anything about the movie except that I'm not interested. You know what the best movie title ever is? Texas. Chainsaw. Massacre. Tells you everything you need to know."

Um...hello?  When it comes to bad movie titles, there is absolutely NO CONTEST.  The Worst Title, um...title...has to go to Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Seriously?!?

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo belongs in the "best" thread, not here. It succeeds on every possible level. 1) The movie features a heavy dose of breakdancing, so you got your "Breakin'. 2) It's a sequel, so you got your "2". 3) It starred Michael 'Boogaloo Shrimp' Chambers, so you got your "Boogaloo". 4)  Two hundred years down the road, somebody will win Final Jeopardy with "What is "Breakin 2:Electric Boogaloo?" in the catorgy of 'Breakdancing Movies involving Evil Land Developers'.

I agree. If you remember the title despite having no knowledge of the movie - like me - and find yourself using the title in conversation - also like me - it must be a good title.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »
Not a movie, but I have to say that "House, M.D." is a truly stupid name for a TV show. Also, my roomate thinks it's really clever to complain about not seeing enough of Grey's anatomy, on "Grey's Anatomy," har har. I think it's really clever to hit him every time he says that.

Patton Oswalt has a bit about non-commital movie titles. "I don't want to see Feelin' Kinda Sorta. That doesn't tell me anything about the movie except that I'm not interested. You know what the best movie title ever is? Texas. Chainsaw. Massacre. Tells you everything you need to know."

Um...hello?  When it comes to bad movie titles, there is absolutely NO CONTEST.  The Worst Title, um...title...has to go to Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Seriously?!?

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo belongs in the "best" thread, not here. It succeeds on every possible level. 1) The movie features a heavy dose of breakdancing, so you got your "Breakin'. 2) It's a sequel, so you got your "2". 3) It starred Michael 'Boogaloo Shrimp' Chambers, so you got your "Boogaloo". 4)  Two hundred years down the road, somebody will win Final Jeopardy with "What is "Breakin 2:Electric Boogaloo?" in the catorgy of 'Breakdancing Movies involving Evil Land Developers'.

I agree. If you remember the title despite having no knowledge of the movie - like me - and find yourself using the title in conversation - also like me - it must be a good title.

True, but it's only memorable based on how sheerly idiotic it is - it fails so hard that it succeeds (or, if I may use the cliched expression, it's so bad it's good).

But if you're looking for a title that's crappy along THOSE lines, then "Extreme Ops" takes the cake.  There are no "ops" (short for "operatives," don'tcha know) in the movie, and the only thing "extreme" about the movie was the level of sheer crappiness.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 02:10:37 AM »
Not a movie, but I have to say that "House, M.D." is a truly stupid name for a TV show. Also, my roommate thinks it's really clever to complain about not seeing enough of Grey's anatomy, on "Grey's Anatomy," har har. I think it's really clever to hit him every time he says that.

Seriously?!?

True, but it's only memorable based on how sheerly idiotic it is - it fails so hard that it succeeds (or, if I may use the cliched expression, it's so bad it's good).

But if you're looking for a title that's crappy along THOSE lines, then "Extreme Ops" takes the cake.  There are no "ops" (short for "operatives," don'tcha know) in the movie, and the only thing "extreme" about the movie was the level of sheer crappiness.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no recollection of a movie called "Special Ops," so I'd say that makes it a bad title. The title "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo," on the other hand, I'll always remember despite never having seen the movie, so at least it's memorable.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 09:59:06 AM »
Not a movie, but I have to say that "House, M.D." is a truly stupid name for a TV show. Also, my roommate thinks it's really clever to complain about not seeing enough of Grey's anatomy, on "Grey's Anatomy," har har. I think it's really clever to hit him every time he says that.

Seriously?!?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no recollection of a movie called "Special Ops," so I'd say that makes it a bad title. The title "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo," on the other hand, I'll always remember despite never having seen the movie, so at least it's memorable.

No, no, not SPECIAL Ops.  EXTREME Ops.  EXTREME.  How can you forget something if it's EXTREME?  Seriously, the fact that the title is inaccurate does not contribute NEARLY as much to this title's crappiness as the use of the word "extreme."  Any title that contains the word "extreme" in it is an "extreme"ly stupid title.  The only way the title could possibly have been worse is if they took the "E" out of the word "Extreme."  But that would be FAR too stupid.  Even for Hollywood (or wherever the hell they made this piece of crap).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 12:06:17 PM by BBQ Platypus »
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline mdh65120

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2006, 12:59:45 AM »
Sorority Babes In The Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama?
Kenny:  I don't care! (Time of the Apes)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2006, 09:39:03 AM »
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Offline Red Tape

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2006, 09:45:09 AM »
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet:

"Manos" The Hands of Fate

Not only was the movie awful, but even the title was bad.

Offline shortstack

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • There's no coffee in Nilbog.It's the devil's drink
    • Nerd is the Word
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 10:20:59 PM »
I'm not sure if this is bad for the same reasons, but:

Gothika

Inane, meaningless, and has absolutely fucking nothing to do with the film.
"I have no sense of decency...that way my other senses are enhanced."

Offline Famous Mortimer

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 05:29:19 AM »
Sorority Babes In The Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama?

Troma have done worse. "Rabid Grannies" has my vote, because the titular characters aren't rabid, and they aren't grannies either.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 11:07:54 AM »
"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" , "Iron Monkey"

Dreamcast Games:
"Shenmue" , "Seaman" , "Spawn: In the Demon's Hands"

Also video game related: Nintendo "Wii"

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »
did anyone mention: Face/Off  ?

what a suckola name for a movie..about removing your face....& planting another one on your head...

Offline Amy

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Worth ten cows
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 01:19:49 PM »
I'm with the people who think the worst movie titles are the forgettable and/or just plain awkward ones (so I think Extreme Ops, Ballistic: Eck vs. Sever are perfect examples). By that standard, K-19: The Widowmaker and Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World are pretty terrible titles.

Goofy movie titles are great! How can you not love a title like, say, Mother May I Sleep With Danger?
That shocks my full military wear!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 03:24:46 PM »
Manos: The Hands if Fate is double bad since "Manos" means hands in Spanish, the movie was really called "Hands: The Hands of Fate".

But NOTHING beats "Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?"

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 03:28:13 PM »

No, no, not SPECIAL Ops.  EXTREME Ops.  EXTREME.  How can you forget something if it's EXTREME?  Seriously, the fact that the title is inaccurate does not contribute NEARLY as much to this title's crappiness as the use of the word "extreme."  Any title that contains the word "extreme" in it is an "extreme"ly stupid title.  The only way the title could possibly have been worse is if they took the "E" out of the word "Extreme."  But that would be FAR too stupid.  Even for Hollywood (or wherever the hell they made this piece of crap).

Well, there you go. The title's so bad I couldn't even remember it mere moments after reading it. It's what I always say about supposedly clever commercials - can you remember what product the ad was for? No? Well, then it was a bad advertisement, no matter how clever it is.

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 03:39:41 PM »

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>