Author Topic: Best lines  (Read 6476 times)

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
Best lines
« on: February 27, 2009, 08:23:09 PM »
"A rogue silent movie score has been following Donny and Duncan around all summer."

"Seeing another kid remembering. That's good action."
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
Re: Best lines
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:18:35 PM »
"They've had it with his implied boasting."

Offline swstephe

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 11:48:36 PM »
"If only I had a stick to blind myself with".

"Their 'no drowning policy' is strictly on the honor system".

"It never crosses Donny's mind that 60 years from now that people might still be watching him flail about in 8 inches of water".

Offline mearnest

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 26
  • If life gives you poop. Make poop juice.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »
'Why do we have to shower to do this?'
'No one does it to you like Roman Polanski' - The Tenant

Offline Gamera

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
    • VincentCalenzo.com
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 12:16:16 PM »
... Who in turn, fill the pool with Band-Aids and urine.

Offline batch

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 08:54:35 PM »
"lane 3 is disqualified for illegal encouragement from a child"

"he clears the other children away with a barrage of ethnic taunts and vile obscenities"

"not littering is a key part of... sportsmanship... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON NOW?!?!"
"The inspiration of the Bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 05:09:04 AM »
Are shorts getting less popular, or do people just have no interest in talking about them?

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 05:11:58 AM »
I don't remember that line being in the short.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 04:14:50 AM »
Are shorts getting less popular, or do people just have no interest in talking about them?

I was wondering the same thing about the feature length riffs.  Swing Parade has been out a few days now and there's not even one reply in the 'rank a riff' thread.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 04:21:14 AM »
Er... I think "Swing Parade" is a bit of a special case to be wondering if feature length riffs are getting less popular.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 04:40:04 PM »
Er... I think "Swing Parade" is a bit of a special case to be wondering if feature length riffs are getting less popular.

But people have obviously watched it.  Fifteen people have voted on the rankings thread. That's why I thought it was odd that nobody has commented.

And is it such a special case becasue it's a comedy?(supposedly).  Or are you referring to all the Legend re-dos being special cases?

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 08:42:46 PM »
Both.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 09:07:04 PM »
Both.

Perhaps I'm the only one who is actually looking forward to seeing the Swing Parade riff. Frankly, I'm a bit puzzled by people's reactions to these recent VOD riffs. I understand that Mike did them before but they weren't rifftrax proper. I think it's great that they are finally getting the full treatment. And nobody seemed to have a problem with MST doing re-dos of the KTMA episodes.

The part that really gets me, though, is that so many people whine about them not doing old movies anymore. Then when they finally do a bunch in a row so many folks STILL aren't happy. If I were the folks at Rifftrax, I would worry less and less about what people have to say around here. They should just do what makes them happy.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 09:47:35 PM »
I don't think by "old movies" people are implying they want B&W movies. They just don't want every release to be that week's newest DVD. But neither do they want every release to be that week's newest Legend DVD re-riff. Which is to say people want more variety, and this trend hasn't helped.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 11:06:41 AM »
I don't think by "old movies" people are implying they want B&W movies. They just don't want every release to be that week's newest DVD. But neither do they want every release to be that week's newest Legend DVD re-riff. Which is to say people want more variety, and this trend hasn't helped.

Thanks for responding to my rants Bratpop.  I guess I'm just too easy to please. Well, easy to please when it comes to Mike, Kevin, and Bill anyway.  I'm still doing the happy dance that they are simply riffing again at all (yes...yes....I know it's been 3 years since they started up again and my dancing phase should be over.......as I said.........easy to please) and I hope rifftrax continues for a long time, color movies, B&W movies, shorts, commercials, test patterns,  whatever. Just keep the riffing coming.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:38:02 AM by dangfish »