Author Topic: Rifftrax Members On STEAM  (Read 36519 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
Re: Rifftrax Members On STEAM
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2016, 07:19:47 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/01/theres-a-mystery-waiting-to-be-unlocked-in-steams-winter-sale

Oooooo cool.  I do love reading about args.

For those of you who care about badges, if you go here http://store.steampowered.com/app/253750/  type in "search" and then press enter (not into the search field, just anywhere on the page) a prompt will come up.  Type in 1v7531 into the prompt and you'll unlock a free Red Herring badge.  Read Pak's link if you want to know how the hell they figured that out.

Russell AKA Soguru

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2016, 09:38:45 PM »
I got Undertale complete with soundtrack from Steam... in less than two days I beat the game and got the true pacifist ending.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2016, 12:54:39 AM »
So I've been tempted to pick up that Steam Controller + Civ VI bundle. I'm gonna get Civ VI anyway, and $30 is a pretty good deal for a state-of-the-art controller, but I have some questions:

1. It says that it requires a Steam Machine or other way of doing Big Picture mode. My PC can do big picture mode, but it's not an optimal interface for a computer. Is this a good controller for someone who just wants to use it to play PC games?

2. It's super-customizable, but the nice thing about my Xbox 360 controller is it works with just about anything right out of the box. How much of a pain is it to get the Steam Controller working with a game right off the bat? Is it a process to set it up for each game, or are most games pre-loaded?

3. I assume it works fine on games that aren't on Steam, right? Got a lot of GOG games I'd like to use it on.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »
So I've been tempted to pick up that Steam Controller + Civ VI bundle. I'm gonna get Civ VI anyway, and $30 is a pretty good deal for a state-of-the-art controller, but I have some questions:

1. It says that it requires a Steam Machine or other way of doing Big Picture mode. My PC can do big picture mode, but it's not an optimal interface for a computer. Is this a good controller for someone who just wants to use it to play PC games?

2. It's super-customizable, but the nice thing about my Xbox 360 controller is it works with just about anything right out of the box. How much of a pain is it to get the Steam Controller working with a game right off the bat? Is it a process to set it up for each game, or are most games pre-loaded?

3. I assume it works fine on games that aren't on Steam, right? Got a lot of GOG games I'd like to use it on.

Great questions!  Here are some answers. But keep in mind, this is coming from someone who loves his two steam controllers.

1.  Games do not need to run in big picture mode for the steam controller to work. However, to edit the controller configuration while playing the game, you have to be running big picture mode. If big picture mode isn't running then the last config you saved for that game will be loaded. You can edit the config for a game without booting up the game, but you have to do it through big picture mode.

2. For all games that support a 360 controller, the steam controller defaults to 360 controller mapping. You don't have to change anything at all. Also, you can pull up community recommended profiles that are popular for specific games. And of course, you can go in and customize everything, with new options being added regularly.

3.  For a game profile to be loaded into the controller that isn't the default desktop mouse mode, the game needs to be launched through steam. But you can add non-steam games to steam (like gog games) and launch them from there.

Hope that helps with your decision. I picked up a second controller with a game bundle too, so that I could have one for my home theater computer. Works great as a mouse from the couch.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2016, 04:12:19 PM »
Do you have a Link or a, whatsit, Steam Machine as well?

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »
Now on Steam:

Police Questâ„¢ Collection

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within

Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned

Arcanum - Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura

Quest for Glory Collection

Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria 2

Caesar 3

Caesar 4

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2016, 11:39:36 AM »
I've had all those for years now on GoG, but if anyone doesn't, I highly recommend every one of those titles. :^)

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »
Arcanum is one of those games that I really REALLY wanted to like. Very similar to the first two Fallout games, but in a setting that's a cross between steampunk and swords & sorcery. I even still have the original CD sitting in the bookcase right next to me. But I could never make much headway in the game. Mainly because I was far more interested in the technology side of things, which unfortunately is vastly more complicated and less powerful than straight up magic. And the two are mutually exclusive, which I felt was a huge mistake on Troika's part.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2016, 09:53:54 AM »
I hate it when steam updates, changes your settings, and turns off 'Allow downloads during gameplay' without me knowing.  This game should have downloaded hours ago. 

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2016, 10:07:20 PM »
Anyone have enough experience with Steam to make an educated guess on when Civilization 6 might drop on Friday? Midnight? Mid-Day?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2016, 03:49:06 PM »
Anyone have enough experience with Steam to make an educated guess on when Civilization 6 might drop on Friday? Midnight? Mid-Day?

Hi, past-me! It's now official that it will drop at midnight EDT. Preload is available right now!

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2016, 01:21:33 AM »

Hi, past-me! It's now official that it will drop at midnight EDT. Preload is available right now!

Cool. Most likely going to pick this up. Keep hearing good things.

Online CJones

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2016, 02:38:25 PM »

I SO badly wish I could afford to buy this at launch. I paid full price for Civ V and both it's expansions and never regretted it. But I had a job then.

Oh well. I'll have to be content with Endless Legend: Tempest (which is pretty damn good) for now.

Online CJones

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2016, 10:43:39 PM »

I SO badly wish I could afford to buy this at launch. I paid full price for Civ V and both it's expansions and never regretted it. But I had a job then.

Oh well. I'll have to be content with Endless Legend: Tempest (which is pretty damn good) for now.

Aww, screw it. Found it on sale for $45 and couldn't resist. Installing now.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2016, 08:26:52 AM »
The winter sale started yesterday! Why is Steam down now?