Author Topic: E3 2019  (Read 4619 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: E3 2019
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2019, 04:50:15 AM »
*More news about Xbox Scarlett in November.

frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2019, 05:13:26 AM »

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6870
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2019, 07:41:36 AM »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 744
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2019, 04:02:15 PM »
I’ve never played any of the Mana games, so I might take a look at that collection...

I played Seiken Densetsu III (What would have been Secret of Mana 2) in Japanese. Despite being generally highly praised, I didn't particularly like it. But I am glad it's finally seeing a proper English release.

I'm much more excited by the remake of Romancing SaGa 3. Just so long as they don't nerf the difficulty. RS1 already got a very good remake in the form of Minstrel Song on the PS2. Now we just need RS2 and SaGa Frontier to be remade. I would buy either one in a heartbeat.

That does sound/look cool, but if it doesn't come to Switch it's pretty much certain I won't play it unfortunately.

Although I see the 2nd one is one Switch and on sale right now... Hmm

Do you mean RS2? Be warned, if it's the same as the version on Steam, that is actually a port of the mobile version. It's better than nothing, but only slightly. At least it's in English.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2019, 05:27:59 PM »
I’ve never played any of the Mana games, so I might take a look at that collection...

I played Seiken Densetsu III (What would have been Secret of Mana 2) in Japanese. Despite being generally highly praised, I didn't particularly like it. But I am glad it's finally seeing a proper English release.

I'm much more excited by the remake of Romancing SaGa 3. Just so long as they don't nerf the difficulty. RS1 already got a very good remake in the form of Minstrel Song on the PS2. Now we just need RS2 and SaGa Frontier to be remade. I would buy either one in a heartbeat.

That does sound/look cool, but if it doesn't come to Switch it's pretty much certain I won't play it unfortunately.

Although I see the 2nd one is one Switch and on sale right now... Hmm

Do you mean RS2? Be warned, if it's the same as the version on Steam, that is actually a port of the mobile version. It's better than nothing, but only slightly. At least it's in English.

I didn't pick it up as I got Fire Emblem Warriors - I will take that warning on board though.
FINE

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2019, 06:51:09 PM »

They announced that at least one of the Mana games is also coming to Steam as well.

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2019, 04:34:17 PM »
Yeah that would be Trials of Mana, which is the remake of Secret of Mana 2, which by the way is an awesome game.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3211
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2019, 06:50:42 PM »
There's been a trend recently of bringing old fan-favorite games to the states that we've only been able to experience through translation patches. Seems like a win-win because companies like Square Enix get to turn a profit and all they have to do is localize and emulate.

Hey, Nintendo! Got any games like that sitting around?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2019, 06:59:08 PM »
Nintendo has got to get on the 'classic collection' trend soon, right? They are obviously doing really well.
FINE