login

Author Topic: TRANSFORMERS - Trailer Out Now.  (Read 10766 times)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: TRANSFORMERS - Trailer Out Now.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 04:52:46 AM »
I'm not too keen on the blue flames Optimus is sporting, and the robot forms are too Guyver-ish. I'd like them more if they looked more like the actual vehicles while in robot mode. It would make it more realistic.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 05:22:49 AM »
Trailer looked decent and the action was tight.

Of course, that could be said for just about any Michael Bay movie.... so I am not overly optimistic.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3204
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 09:08:31 AM »
I'm actually convinced that if Michael Bay can do anything right, this'll be the one. He relies on over-the-top, often silly, adrenaline pumped action, and I think that might actually be the right way to go with Transformers. :^)

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 09:25:01 AM »
Michael Bay did Pirates, no? I think he can pull this off. Perfect movie for him methinks.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 09:26:52 AM »
Michael Bay did Pirates, no? I think he can pull this off. Perfect movie for him methinks.

No, he produced it*, but Gore Verbinski (The Ring) directed.

Although I agree, I think it'll be Mike Bay's best since The Rock (probably the only movie of his I actually enjoyed).

*EDIT  Jerry Bruckheimer was actually the producer, but they were both affiliated with each other heavily in the past. Their styles are pretty similar.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 09:29:02 AM by torgosPizza »

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 01:27:19 PM »

Although I'm very concerned about the robot designs, this looks like it's going to be a pretty good movie. I'm accepting of the fact that cartoon/toy designs wouldn't necessarily lend themselves well to live action, thus the changes. As long as they get the -faces- of the characters right, I'll be happy. I'm with Pak. I don't want to see giant Bionicles running around.

If nothing else, Peter Cullen will be Optimus Prime's voice once more. That, in of itself, makes it worthwhile. We're going to be in line with all other fanatical Transfans. Probably the very night it opens.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 05:03:54 AM »
"A Michael Bay film".  Is that a promise, or a threat? I can't decide...   ;D

Neither. It's a court-ordered warning. There was a class action lawsuit. Rob Cohen received a similar ruling.

I'm not too keen on the blue flames Optimus is sporting, and the robot forms are too Guyver-ish. I'd like them more if they looked more like the actual vehicles while in robot mode. It would make it more realistic.

My problem: They transform into vehicles to disguise themselves among humans, so they have to turn into cars, planes, etc that don't look like robots, gotcha. But why does the movie think they have to be robots that don't look like cars, planes, etc? That's a big part of Transformers' charm.

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 06:32:31 AM »
Yeah, he's a big yellow Camaro now. German auto companies won't let their designs be used for "war toys" anymore, so no VW bug.

But they'll let Lindsay Lohan drive one around in NASCAR?!  To me, I'd rather see my design used for war than that.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 10:23:02 PM »

For me, as long as it's entertaining and has huge robots destroying shite, I'll be happy. I'm not going to see a movie about alien robots to "learn a valuable lesson."

hahaha!  too true.

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 06:00:52 PM »
That trailer makes me want to step on a puppy.

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2006, 09:31:24 PM »
That trailer makes me want to step on a puppy.

Since we don't know you personally, could you clarify if that's a disappointed reaction, or an excited reaction? Maybe you show your approval of things by stepping on puppies, we don't know.  :D

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 10:06:43 PM »

I give the Transformers trailer an enthusiastic 3 puppies stepped on with 2 drop kicked kittens thrown in for good measure. Take away those flames on Optimus Prime and I'll throw in a clubbed baby seal...

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 11:26:23 PM »
But how many punted penguins?

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2006, 12:14:02 AM »
Yeah, he's a big yellow Camaro now. German auto companies won't let their designs be used for "war toys" anymore, so no VW bug. The Mini Cooper would've been a good alternative, but they're made by BMW. So the car Bumblebee transforms into is bigger than the car Jazz turns into (a Pontiac Solstice

look heres the way i see.  cant be a bug ok, cant be a mini coop ok,  if we need small so he can justify himself lets just make him a miada and be done with it.  :)

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 12:13:32 PM »

A Japanese trailer has been released, with a couple extra seconds from scenes that weren't in the original trailer.

Just, ya' know... FYI.

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>