login

Author Topic: iRiff - An American Werewolf in Paris - Available  (Read 1377 times)

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
iRiff - An American Werewolf in Paris - Available
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:03:54 PM »
Hello, relatively new to the boards, didn't even know there was another place other than the iRiffs section to talk about fan riffs.

My first iRiff, An American Werewolf in Paris, went up on the site on the 14th.  It was done in a week of endless writing, recording, editing, freaking out, and possibly even some vomiting.  I don't know anymore, the whole thing is just a blur now.  I seem to remember going to work and eating something from time to time, but that may just be a hallucination.  ;)

If you like it, I have another one coming along the pipeline (Mortal Kombat), and some others I have lined up, though if you don't like it feel free to barnstorm my house with pitchforks and torches upraised.  Better to kill the monster before it can get to your children, after all.

EDIT: Oh, fiddlesticks.  Noticed the Fan Index at the top and saw Harass Bastards has already done Mortal Kombat.  I'd been scanning the iRiff section and didn't see it, and thought it hadn't been done yet.  Oh, well.  Back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:06:45 PM by SJP »
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: iRiff - An American Werewolf in Paris - Available
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:22:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Harrass Bastards version is available free on their site and if you really want to still riff it, I say go ahead, you're bound to be able to come up with different material than them.  As long as you aren't ripping off eachothers jokes, two riffs on the same movie can be a good thing.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

anais.jude

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
Was this the one with the blonde french chic from Before Sunrise? Because that one totally blew.

Offline SJP

• Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »
Yes.  Yes it was.

And I guess I will do MK then.  Haven't seen the other riff so hopefully they won't be similar.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:45:29 PM by SJP »

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:59:09 PM »
Yes.  Yes it was.

And I guess I will do MK then.  Haven't seen the other riff so hopefully they won't be similar.

Please check theirs before you upload yours.  People shouldn't have to buy a track which "I hope" isn't the same as some other track.  It's a good idea to get yours written up before listening to theirs, but some scenes may trigger the same riff in different groups of writers.  The best way to look good with your own riff is to make sure the buyers of your riff won't hear jokes that were done on already-existing riff tracks.

Yes, it's more work.  But it's what you need to do for the best result and to build a good reputation for your own riffs.

Offline SJP

• Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:38:19 PM »
The best way to look good with your own riff is to make sure the buyers of your riff won't hear jokes that were done on already-existing riff tracks.

Good point.  I'll do that once I've gotten my script written.  And you're right, I shouldn't 'hope' that it's different; it should 'be' different.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:56:38 PM »
Thanks.  Hope I didn't sound too snotty there, but I was up late last night and haven't had much sleep.  The more tired I am, the more hostile I sound even when I really don't mean to be...