login

Author Topic: DVD Cover  (Read 23246 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 731
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
DVD Cover
« on: December 19, 2006, 07:44:03 PM »
Here is my cover for Nestor: The Long Eared Christmas Donkey

It is available to download at www.mst3kdvdcovers.com now.

Thanks again to RUDE for finding the VHS cover and scanning it for me!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 07:39:05 PM by MrTorso »
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Winterkid

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Re: DVD Cover
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:23:48 PM »
"Year Without A Santa Claus, The" DVD  has Nestor on it, as well as the title show and another one.  Yes, all three on one disc.

I found it on DVDEmpire.com, no idea if you can find it on Amazon.com or anything.  *shrug*

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 08:27:01 PM »
Yeah I have that it just doesn't have anyreal usefull nestor artwork to use for the cover. It was released as a stand alone video in the 90s and I have been looking high and low for it locally to no avail.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 08:48:13 PM »

Give me a chance to check the video stores in my neighborhood. There's a good chance that at least one of them will have it... then again, there's a good chance that it's covered with stickers and barcodes. Either way, i'll try to remember to check on my lunchbreak tomorrow and i'll report back~

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 10:29:19 PM »
Cool thanks! 

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 12:57:11 AM »
There's always the sweet RiffTrax artwork. (Young master J-Proof's handiwork, I think?) It's not the retail art but I'd say it looks even better.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 03:22:29 AM by Sharktopus »

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 12:58:03 PM »
I'll have full sized posted on my website shortly: www.rifftraxfan.com

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 01:48:52 PM »

Alright, so I found an original copy of the Nestor VHS at my local video store. It's obviously been cut down from a standard box to fit inside a clamshell case... So, here's what we got:

The right side of the front is a little wobbly.
There's a sticker of the letter "N" that wraps around the upper left of the cover to the spine.
And, there are two small stickers on the bottom of the spine that read "Rankin/Bass"and "Kids X-mas"

It's probably worse than it sounds, but yer' all Photoshop masters anyway, right?!
I'll be scanning the whole thing when i get home from work tonight, so if you want a copy just PM me with your address!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 01:06:22 AM »
A little update to the first post.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 337
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 05:43:52 AM »
Scary!

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 06:04:00 AM »

Looks good MrTorso.
Did you have to do allot of "clone stamping" to fix that, or just re-do parts from scratch?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 07:01:58 AM »

Looks good MrTorso.
Did you have to do allot of "clone stamping" to fix that, or just re-do parts from scratch?

Some clone stamping and I replaced the whole sky background. It took me awhile to get the logo in decent shape too.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 07:36:01 AM »

Looks like it's coming along nicely. 
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Rude

• Forum Czar
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 01:53:54 PM »

Alright... that's looking good. Very impressive compared to that piece of junk VHS cover that i scanned. Except for the cover shot, it's pretty much like starting from nothing. Maybe a few design elements or ideas... but this is obviously taking a lot of work. I'm glad that it already looks great, and obviously i can't wait until the whole thing comes together.

So is this the hardest one so far, or what?

-Rude

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 02:13:30 PM »

Alright... that's looking good. Very impressive compared to that piece of junk VHS cover that i scanned. Except for the cover shot, it's pretty much like starting from nothing. Maybe a few design elements or ideas... but this is obviously taking a lot of work. I'm glad that it already looks great, and obviously i can't wait until the whole thing comes together.

So is this the hardest one so far, or what?

-Rude

Not so hard as time consuming. The stuff I do with Photoshop could probably be done way faster by someone who knows all the ins and outs of Photoshop. I learn stuff every day when i use it.