Author Topic: The Simpsons in HD (finally)  (Read 20317 times)

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
Re: The Simpsons in HD (finally)
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2014, 07:44:51 PM »
It's a little annoying that people equate quality dropping to being terrible. I've been watching my own little marathon with my DVDs. On season 13 now, just watched the tether episode, laughed quite a bit.

There were a few seasons where I would say they did get just plain bad, but I agree that they have gotten better lately. Even season 20 wasnt too bad.

Soguru

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2014, 11:50:44 PM »
do it for yoda, while we serve our guests a soda
Homer: Gimme that knife!
Gangster: No, it's mine!

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 986
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2014, 12:23:31 AM »
Ah, Robert Downey Jr. in a shootout with the cops and Mel Gibson not being joked about. How times change.

Soguru

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2014, 10:21:39 AM »
Ah, Robert Downey Jr. in a shootout with the cops and Mel Gibson not being joked about. How times change.
I was thinking the exact same thing when I watched that episode the other day.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2014, 12:49:05 PM »
Watching "Lisa the Tree Hugger" (ohhhh, Joshua Jackson *droooool*), and I will be skipping the next episode "Homer vs Dignity" aka the one with Panda rape.

Seriously, whoever wrote that part of the show should be flayed alive. Where is Evil Willow when you need her?
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5088
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2014, 07:33:24 PM »
Watching "Lisa the Tree Hugger" (ohhhh, Joshua Jackson *droooool*), and I will be skipping the next episode "Homer vs Dignity" aka the one with Panda rape.

Seriously, whoever wrote that part of the show should be flayed alive. Where is Evil Willow when you need her?

And it's so weird that it is about the nature of dignity while removing its own.  Lisa the Tree Hugger is pretty good though.

Shame that the marathon never came up in our FXX stations (why not?)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3114
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »
Are you sure you don't just have FX? FXX is a newer channel that Fox is still trying to figure out what to do with. After the success of this marathon, I suspect it will be a channel for watching The Simpsons, primarily...

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2014, 05:58:15 AM »
Are you sure you don't just have FX? FXX is a newer channel that Fox is still trying to figure out what to do with. After the success of this marathon, I suspect it will be a channel for watching The Simpsons, primarily...

They also moved some of their more successful shows to FXX (Like It's Always Sunny and The League). So the Simpsons and some original programming, that is what FXX will be.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2593
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2014, 01:06:15 PM »

Damn you!  And the Netflix you rode in on!  OK, that didn't make any sense,,, aaanywayyy.......  I had to go watch those episodes of Buffy last night after reading this.  And of course ended up wasting 6 hours skipping around to other episodes of Buffy and Angel.

Evil Willow is way more cool than Vampire Willow.  Not enough screen time for Willow The White to tell if she would have been cool.  ;D

So, Simpsons, trying to remember the last one I watched, must have been the season after the movie, so 6 years?  wow....

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2014, 02:28:39 PM »
It's strange, but I'm finding myself using the Simpsons marathon to measure against my own life. Seasons 3 - 6 feel like they should have taken way longer than they did, because High School feels like forever. Seasons 14 - 25 feel like they should take up way less time, because marriage is a non-stop roller coaster where time just flies by...

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/08/fxx-is-pretty-much-going-to-be-the-simpsons-channel-from-now-on/

Called it!

Actually, it would be awesome if FOX just made an Animation Domination channel and played every prime time cartoon they've ever aired. Bring back The Critic, air some King of the Hill, Futurama, Axe Cop, All that Seth MacFarlane stuff...

Offline anais.butterfly

• Monkey Brains!
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2014, 01:55:23 PM »
I love The Critic....

Anyway, we have gotten to episodes that I have never seen before, so it's nice to finally watch them. I don't necessarily LOL at them, but they are better than any episode of Family Guy IMO.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »
I love The Critic....

Anyway, we have gotten to episodes that I have never seen before, so it's nice to finally watch them. I don't necessarily LOL at them, but they are better than any episode of Family Guy IMO.

I stopped watching the marathon once they hit season 17. I'll watch them when the DVD sets come out.  Watch a disc at a time followed by each disc's commentaries.... It's good times.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2014, 06:27:41 PM »
I always saw a sharp spike in quality after The Simpsons Movie, so people who gave up on the show before then are in for some treats. I mean, it's still not season 4 good, but there are some great epsiodes ahead. I always especially enjoyed the 24 spoof.

Offline SJP

• Liked: 199
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2014, 06:46:39 PM »
[quote author=TheUnabeefer link=topic=12911.msg868966#msg868966 date=1409357638
I stopped watching the marathon once they hit season 17. I'll watch them when the DVD sets come out.  Watch a disc at a time followed by each disc's commentaries.... It's good times.
[/quote]

Any episode that contains commentary with Jon Lovitz is worth the price of the season alone.  You don't get much information, but man, that's entertainment.

And I love The Simpsons.  I don't care what anyone says.  It would take an absolute lot to make me begin to hate it.  And it hasn't reached that point yet.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.