11 (29.7%)
8 (21.6%)
10 (27%)
5 (13.5%)
1 (2.7%)
5 or below
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: (Christmas Donkey) Thoughts?  (Read 15170 times)

Offline skyroniter

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
    • MST3KVideos
Re: (Christmas Donkey) Thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 04:01:14 PM »
Might be my favorite rifftrax so far. Up there with Roadhouse.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 05:08:29 PM »
i FINALLY got this one. Watched it with a video download. I laughed every minute! This is easily one of the best ones ever. Kudos Mike.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »
I picked this riff up a few months ago, and then lost the DVD that I had bought for it.  Finally found the DVD in my apartment this past weekend, and enjoyed the absurdity of the video and the jokes from the rifftrax.  I had never seen this before -- what a crazy story.  Donkey walks from the north pole to bethlehem, does 2 minutes of good deeds, and then walks back to the north pole to be treated as a hero?

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2370
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2009, 04:37:08 PM »
He was never at the North Pole, that was the other donkey that told the story.  Still no idea how his old owner and the rest of the animals heard about Jesus so fast, or that the long eared donkey would be an important part of the news at that point.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »
Ah.  The narrator-donkey said Nestor was his ancestor, so I assumed nestor must have also been at the north pole.  Skimming through the show quickly, I see nestor was really from one of the "wild countries of the north sea".

That's still a mighty long walk!  Too bad God couldn't use any of the donkey's already in israel, but had to import one from someplace like Denmark!  I can't help but think of the kind of math problems that we'd get in high school math courses, "Given the average speed that a donkey walks, how long would it take a donkey to walk from the north sea to israel, and back again?".  And after that long trip, he's still LITTLE Nestor, about the same size as when he left.

Can't imagine why this never caught on as a beloved christmas tradition...