Author Topic: The Worst MST3K Movie Ever  (Read 30571 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6576
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: The Worst MST3K Movie Ever
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2009, 09:20:13 AM »
Monster a go-go never really aspired to be much more than it is, though. So, I don't think it can be considered the genuine worst.

But, did it originally aspire to HAVE a monster? If it did, then it failed.

Offline Bus Taker

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 110
  • "We're a danger to ourselves and others"
    • Music site
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2009, 06:40:30 PM »
For me it's
1. Monster a Go Go - Bill Rabane's Giant Spider Invasion sucked ass, so how bad could his FIRST movie be?  It's the total package of ineptitude: false title, misleading premise, writing dead-end, foley mistakes, bad props, bad lighting, slow life-sucking action, and no gowns.
2. "Manos" The Hands of Fate - Had most of the features of the above, but they had gowns.
3. The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies - Joel's song from another episode (Mighty Jack) called "Slow the Plot Down" does not begin to describe.it.  There are scenes where the plot distinctly goes into reverse (i.e. Estrella's hypnotic pinwheel of doom.)  Add to it more padding than The Biggest Loser and you are staring at the screen praying for the end.
"I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2009, 04:17:11 PM »
The first time I saw Mixed Up Zombies it both hurt me and amused me that they introduce three different stories that could stand as their own movies, but they never develop any of the stories--instead they show a bunch of musical numbers that have nothing to do with anything, then since they can't resolve any of the stories, the zombies just attack everyone. now that's well crafted screenwriting.....for a box turtle.
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2009, 06:52:25 PM »
I've just seen "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank" for the first time and I have to say, this is the WORST movie ever made.  I don't care that it was made by public television or whatever, nothing can excuse how absolutely horrid this fucking movie was.  As funny as the riffs are, I don't think I'm ever going to be able to sit through this crapfest again.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2009, 07:19:05 AM »
LMFAO!
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2009, 07:28:50 AM »
Personally, I think that it's either Red Zone Cuba (for the boredom factor) or Attack of the the Eye Creatures (for the cringe factor).

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
I've just seen "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank" for the first time and I have to say, this is the WORST movie ever made.  I don't care that it was made by public television or whatever, nothing can excuse how absolutely horrid this fucking movie was.  As funny as the riffs are, I don't think I'm ever going to be able to sit through this crapfest again.

Funny, I actually think this is the best movie they riffed. 

I actually agree.  I've seen this one more times than any other episode.  Heck, I've even had it on in the background while I've done other things.  There's just something so delightfully terrible about it that I can't stay away.  Maybe it's just the MST3K crew talking, but I just see it as one of those things that goes so far beyond "so bad, it's good" and "okay, this is just plain awful" that it comes back again into "okay, maybe it's not Doctor Who campy, but it's up there" level of pure silliness.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline dangfish

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2009, 02:46:12 PM »
Monster a go-go never really aspired to be much more than it is, though. So, I don't think it can be considered the genuine worst.

But, did it originally aspire to HAVE a monster? If it did, then it failed.

Just the fact that it aspires to be a movie, which implies that it is aspiring to entertain, is more than enough. I still maintain that this is the only film they did that fails on every conceivable level: story, acting, sound, direction, cinematography, camerawork, the lack of an ending.....Most of the other films mentioned here manage to pull off a couple of these things (most of them you can actually see and hear pretty well, which is not the case with this film). And let's not forget the fact that most of the other MST films at least HAVE an ending!  I think this is not only the worst film they ever did, it's the worst film ever made.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3892
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2009, 01:34:52 AM »
Monster A-Go-Go feels to me like they totally finished the movie, but then some dude was carrying the master reels and dropped them in a mud puddle, and they had 24 hours to turn it in and most of it was ruined, so they just patched together whatever they could find. :^)

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2009, 06:37:51 AM »
Ah, the Creeping Terror problem. (only replace masters with soundtrack)

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2009, 08:08:46 PM »
that mexican christmas one
blood waters of Dr. Z

Offline ThePrinceOfBrattyAngels

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2009, 06:42:25 AM »
In general KTMA season, Season 1 ...
Radar Secret Service
Danger! Death Ray
It Lives By Night
Mitchell
Diabolik
Escape 2000
and
most definitely RACKET GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline wasabi

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »
gotta jump on the Monster-A-Go-Go bandwagon  -  absolutely the worst movie
seconded by Last of the Wild Horses
* this space for rent *

Lazlo

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2009, 03:11:13 PM »
that mexican christmas one

That was called Santa Claus.

But, trust me, it's better than the Chum Bucket of Dr. P.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 67
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »
The Muck Bucket of Dr V was a walk in the park next to The Castle of Fu Manchu.