Author Topic: DEXTER  (Read 26320 times)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: DEXTER
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 05:55:58 AM »
Keep in mind, nuveena, that when you subscribe to Showtime, you also get access to its programming on demand (i.e., the first season of Dexter).
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Mr.Nobody

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I blue myself
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 08:22:58 AM »
Keep in mind, nuveena, that when you subscribe to Showtime, you also get access to its programming on demand (i.e., the first season of Dexter).

It'll be nice once HBO and Showtime start providing their On Demand content in HD.  I have HBO on demand but I still DVR all of the shows I watch so I can see them in High Def.
I've sort of fused Flashdance with MC Hammer shit.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 10:44:10 AM »

It'll be nice once HBO and Showtime start providing their On Demand content in HD.  I have HBO on demand but I still DVR all of the shows I watch so I can see them in High Def.

I didn't know that. Yeah, they should totally get on the stick with that.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »
Showtime seems to have given out DVDs of everything lately... first 3 episodes of Weeds has leaked

Offline googergieger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • The Impact Kid
    • myspace
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 06:42:31 PM »
so whats this about?

i got two free pins today saying i love dexter, and while i love dexter's laboratory i doubt i can brag about that.
Stand by for action!

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 09:04:36 PM »
So yeah, guess who was at a local bookstore tonight, signing books? The author of the "Dexter" novels - Jeff Lindsay.

He answered some Questions, was really funny and even humble while talking with us. They screened the second (I think) episode of Season 1 - the one with the head hitting the windshield - and everyone seemed to enjoy that. There was an odd number of older people (I'm talking senior citizens) in the crowd .. kinda strange .. but he was cool to listen to, and I even got to chat with him briefly before he signed my copy of Darkly Dreaming Dexter.

Sorry for the crappy photo. It's a phone picture ... what can ya do.

I'm going to crack open the first one, I've heard it's a quick read. Everyone seems to love it, those who have read it, and I'm sorry that I had to wait til now to grab a copy. But hey, I needed a good reason, and meeting the guy behind it all is good enough for me.

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 10:05:50 PM »
That's pretty damned awesome man. Meanwhile I'm in Boise...

Offline whoopdefndo

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2007, 07:52:45 AM »
Thought some of you might get a kick out of this. A recap of the first season, in 3 minutes. The Musical.

Let's try this embed thing you kids seem to dig so damn much...

[yt=425,350]JVlclv-Ts4k[/yt]

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:58:47 AM by whoopdefndo »

Offline call_me_nuveena

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Your local goddess of mediocrity.
    • Mindless Drivel
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »
Dexter + 88 Lines About 44 Women = GREATEST EVAR.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »
That was pretty boss.

BTW, anyone have thoughts about the Season 2 premiere last Sunday? I actually saw the first two episodes of this season about six weeks ago, but I didn't want to talk about it until other people had a chance to watch it. So, what'd ya think?

- Conan O'Brien

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »
So that's what 15 years worth of hefty bags looks like. That was a crap load of people. But he's got the gulf stream now.

Still, that Castillo's witness thing is probably gonna find some way to bite him in the ass.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 05:50:59 PM »
So that's what 15 years worth of hefty bags looks like. That was a crap load of people. But he's got the gulf stream now.

Still, that Castillo's witness thing is probably gonna find some way to bite him in the ass.

Refresh my memory: are you talking about the kid hiding in the trunk of the car when Dexter killed the married couple? If so, I don't think so; the way that episode ended kind of put a capper on the kid's view of that. Although I'm sure the case will come up again, since the husband's corpse is almost certainly among the found bodies.

- Conan O'Brien

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 754
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2007, 05:55:19 PM »
If anyone doesn't have the season 1 set it is on sale now at Target for $19.99.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2007, 06:01:35 PM »
I saw that. Man, if there's any series I want in Hi-Def...

- Conan O'Brien

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2007, 10:52:25 PM »

Refresh my memory: are you talking about the kid hiding in the trunk of the car when Dexter killed the married couple? If so, I don't think so; the way that episode ended kind of put a capper on the kid's view of that. Although I'm sure the case will come up again, since the husband's corpse is almost certainly among the found bodies.

Well going over the murder files on showtime's website, under the Castillo killings, they do list the witness as an untied loose end. I'm sure it could be brought up this season to put a little tension in the air.

You also get Weeds, Brotherhood, and my new favorite show Californication as well. SHO is definitely giving HBO a good run for it's money. This is Curb's last year, no more Sopranos or Deadwood. Basically they've just got Entourage. So unless they get something new that's so drastically good as what showtime's packin', they'll start to see the hurt.